Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

I think during camp Rexy was trying to get over his viscous fear of Fred Jackson, which had been instilled in him through year after year of the dreadful stress of Freddy Action Jackon being on the schedule twice as an opponent. I can't really blame our coach.

Freddy is a class act, a soldier, and a freakin' badass.  He was never the biggest or fastest, but man does he have the vision.  Will always have a place in my heart for #22.  Obvious Wall of Fame addition.  I think I may have to get a Freddy jersey.

^

The vision is just uncanny. Over the last 3 or 4 years, there were multiple times where he'd appear to be just about the slowest guy on the field (other than a few linemen), but he'd run in a direction, run to a space, then he'd suddenly shift slightly another way, and all of a sudden it's Jackson for 8, 14, 34, whatever. Uncanny.

This also caught my eye. Think Tom Brady's interested in #22?

User Actions
  Follow
Sharp_Helmet_bigger.jpgWarren Sharp@SharpFootball

Warren Sharp retweeted Evan Silva

Fred Jackson pass blocking L5 yrs: 443 plays only 1 sack allowed 9 QB hits Over 5 yrs! Insane #s, considering QBs.

^

The vision is just uncanny. Over the last 3 or 4 years, there were multiple times where he'd appear to be just about the slowest guy on the field (other than a few linemen), but he'd run in a direction, run to a space, then he'd suddenly shift slightly another way, and all of a sudden it's Jackson for 8, 14, 34, whatever. Uncanny.

This also caught my eye. Think Tom Brady's interested in #22?

User Actions
  Follow
Sharp_Helmet_bigger.jpgWarren Sharp@SharpFootball

Warren Sharp retweeted Evan Silva

Fred Jackson pass blocking L5 yrs: 443 plays only 1 sack allowed 9 QB hits Over 5 yrs! Insane #s, considering QBs.

This is where statistics lie, the NFL doesn't consider half of the guys playing for the Bills actual quarterbacks so the hits and sacks didn't count.

Edited by MattPie

Well, the fan wants the team to move in a new direction, to adopt winning ways.  As much as Fred is loved by the fan base, he really isn't part of the long term future of the team.  Godspeed, Fred, may you land in a good place.

And I bet Kaleta's out the door too, and for the same reasons.

I think there's something to this. He does seem to have a sense of the moment - which includes having that sixth sense pocket awareness thing.

I'm just worried that he's going to get broken in half.

My biggest worry as well. When I went to the Panthers game and watched him, I was worried that he was too quick to leave the pocket when he had guys running open downfield. But the last two, coupled with some reports from camp, have convinced me he can make a living in the pocket. I can't overstate how much that part of his game has evolved since VT and how important it is for him to achieve his potential.

Very happy for the kid to get the opportunity. 

GO BILLS!!!

Rex also acknowledged in his press conference that the team is not better off without F-Jax (from strictly an on-field standpoint), and hinted that it was a decision made out of a business necessity.

Are they really that close to the cap?

Maybe the Dareus negotiations played a role in this.

Rex also acknowledged in his press conference that the team is not better off without F-Jax (from strictly an on-field standpoint), and hinted that it was a decision made out of a business necessity.

If that's the case they should've cut Cassel 

For a team who's second leading concern coming into the season if offensive line play, cutting the league's best blitz-blocker just doesn't add up; unless Karlos Williams proves capable at it or the offensive line has greatly improved, which they very well might have. 

A Dareus contract shouldn't matter because it won't hit the cap until next season, unless part of the deal is to rip up the last year of his rookie deal, which I would find odd to do unless it's a total deal breaker.

A Dareus contract shouldn't matter because it won't hit the cap until next season, unless part of the deal is to rip up the last year of his rookie deal, which I would find odd to do unless it's a total deal breaker.

Good point.

I'm way outside my realm of competence when the NFL salary cap stuff comes up. Way too many moving parts for me to comprehend.

im always restricted cause i tells da truth shiite...   oh well , please tell the bills fans freddy jackson is loyal and getting a consulting check from that fracking pegs, reformed good guy and he will be in shape and available as our 54th palyer as this year of jubilee 54 comes alive...  it will be alright as fred is loyal andhe helped us keep the backs we neededd as we beat the crap out of all five of our backs... six if u include tyrod...   getting weirder and more like a cohesive unit day after day once the big anchor signs..

Thaat does make sense, however, I'd still keep whatever Freddy has over Bryce "butterfingers" Brown

Not cool with FJax getting cut and keeping Bryce "and the ball comes loose!!" Brown.

Meaning that the team kept wasting high-round picks on RBs when they had a perfectly capable one on hand?

Lynch, Spiller, McGahee....don't worry about the lines. Or QB.  Keep grabbing RBs in round 1.

I'm not sure he's right, but if he is, I hope it's Cassel who is gone.  There's just no need to play it safe.

Same here.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.