Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

I think an occasional mention that you have tickets to sell is fine.  It's probably worth adding "PM me if interested" or something like that and then conducting the transaction via PM.

That was what I planned on doing but wanted to make sure.

I have two tickets to the Patriots game Week 2. Sunday September 20th. PM me if interested.

Heads up - The Oilers play the Preds in Nashville Saturday night (Oct. 10) before Bills@Titans.  My group will probably try to go to that.  I know there is a Preds STH on here somewhere, perhaps he may have advice on getting tickets.

I have not been to an away game in 15 years but that will change in October @ Nashville, TN. Anyone have any insight to a 4 star hotel there (good location, atmosphere, etc..). Oktoberfest will be going on and I have always wanted to go to Nashville - perfecto, Bills, Nashville and Oktoberfest

http://thenashvilleoktoberfest.com/

http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/nfl/wilsons-foundation-to-donate-1-2b-over-20-years/

The Ralph Wilson Foundation is donating the entire $1.2B sale price for the Bills to local development and charities in WNY and SE Michigan.

Incredible.

Not only did he decline to cash out while he was alive, since he knew that would mean WNY losing the team, not only did he structure the sale after he died so that WNY would keep the team, but, from the great beyond, he is plowing the entire fortune back into his two home communities. 

What a prince.

Thanks again Ralph.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/nfl/wilsons-foundation-to-donate-1-2b-over-20-years/

The Ralph Wilson Foundation is donating the entire $1.2B sale price for the Bills to local development and charities in WNY and SE Michigan.

Incredible.

Not only did he decline to cash out while he was alive, since he knew that would mean WNY losing the team, not only did he structure the sale after he died so that WNY would keep the team, but, from the great beyond, he is plowing the entire fortune back into his two home communities.

What a prince.

Thanks again Ralph.

Stuff like this makes it even more infuriating that his financial commitment to fielding the best possible team was always so inconsistent at best to totally lacking at its worst.

Incredible.

What a prince.

Thanks again Ralph.

Awesome gesture by Ralph and his estate. Shouldn't an amount of that magnitude be put into some type of endowment though so that the money can last in perpetuity and instead of spending it they just get to spend the interest each year? I think that's how the wealthier universities set up their large donations they get from alumni. The article wasn't exactly in depth so maybe it could be done that way though.

Incredible.

What a prince.

Thanks again Ralph.

This was announced when the sale took place.  I'm sure I heard this then.

Stuff like this makes it even more infuriating that his financial commitment to fielding the best possible team was always so inconsistent at best to totally lacking at its worst.

Sheeeeeeesh.  When someone gives you an unbelievably generous gift, you don't complain about what you didn't get.

This will make a great deal more real difference in people's lives than getting Mike Shanahan instead of Chan Gailey would've made.

This was announced when the sale took place.  I'm sure I heard this then.

I remember hearing that millions were going to be donated by the foundation, but nothing like the entire $1.2B.  But you could certainly be right.

Sheeeeeeesh. When someone gives you an unbelievably generous gift, you don't complain about what you didn't get.

This will make a great deal more real difference in people's lives than getting Mike Shanahan instead of Chan Gailey would've made.

It's not so much complaining as it is confusion. If he was just going to give it all away anyway, then why the cheapness?

That said, it legitimately irks me that all of the post-mortem coverage has completely glossed over his shortcomings as an owner. If I hear one more time "but he kept the team here!" I'm going to puke. Know who else kept a team in Buffalo? Gary Bettman. That doesn't mean we should pretend No Goal didn't happen.

Edited by TrueBluePhD

It's not perfect, but my point is the body of work should be remembered. With Wilson, for whatever reason, it seems to me people want to canonize him and ignore the very real negatives of his ownership.

You have a point, until the moment he shuffled off his mortal coil, a lot of people would have been happy to see him sell the team and never be spoken of again. As it turns out, he did well by the city with the way he structured everything so no harm no foul.

If Gary Bettman checks the following boxes, then I'll support him:

• Guarantees the continued existence of the Buffalo Sabres in Buffalo*
  • Apologizes for No Goal
  • Donates at least $1 billion to WNY charities
  • Dies

*This was a trick.  Terry Pegula already did this, therefore, I'll never support Gary Bettman.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.