Favourite all-time Sabre: playoffs

dudacek

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your least favourite Sabre?

It pains me to do it but I had to put a vote against RJ. This poll is about players and he absolutely transcends the players. He's my favorite all time media personality. But without players names to call he doesn't have a job.

Wait... wait... He is the Buffalo Sabres. He gives them life, yet he is not a Sabre. He is not a mere mortal. OMG, RJ is G. Wrong thread?

RJ and Rob Ray leading in votes is a damn travesty. I'm ready to delete my vote and vote for everyone but them out of protest. Since I'm a white guy this board won't send a cop in to choke me to death for breaking the rules, right?

I haven't been following the politics thread, so I'm not sure where Freeman stands on this.

Have to say I'm surprised by the Jeanneret vote.

Edited by dudacek

RJ and Rob Ray leading in votes is a damn travesty. I'm ready to delete my vote and vote for everyone but them out of protest. Since I'm a white guy this board won't send a cop in to choke me to death for breaking the rules, right?

Drunkard is breaking the rules! I'm calling the mods

(:nana:)

I love watching how this changes.

Andreychuk and Playfair instantly go from barely any vote to likely eliminations.

They were never going to make it to the end, but they were clearly better than the first eliminations. Picking only three makes it so my 4th and 5th place finishers get no votes until they are 1 and 2.

It is funny though.

Never saw him play. I have zero emotional interest in the French Connection. He was voted for a couple time in the last round too. And not by me.

same here Ubkev. i have very little emotional entanglement with the 70s players. Gilbert stayed off my vote so far only becuse he was the face of the franchise for nearly 2 decades.

The experience of being a Sabres fan wouldn't be the same without RJ. He's been with the team since '71. He's traveled with the team just about that entire time. I recognize athletic ability, but Rick's a Hall of Famer with god-given talent and a franchise-defining career for a very good reason.

To me, he's a Sabre. And to me, I favor him at least as much as anyone with their name in the rafters. When I think about watching or listening to a Sabres game, I can't not think about RJ's voice, and that's something I can't say about any other anything.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.