Star Wars - now with SPOILERS! (Read at your own risk)

Robviously

Looks really good, Chewy and Han really sealed it though for me.   Grr Rar!!!

Damn, felt like I was 7 years old again when they popped up at the end.......Kinda looks like they found the Falcon and it looked pretty beat up in the back ground.........Awesome!!!!!!!!!

keep in mind the disclaimer. Game engine footage. Me thinks the in game graphics will not be the same.

So very true. Take a look at NHL 15. Trailer is breathtaking. Actual game graphics are great, but not in comparison to the trailer. Have fingers crossed Battlefront 3 is very close to what the trailer had to offer. This is already a must buy in my opinion. 

So very true. Take a look at NHL 15. Trailer is breathtaking. Actual game graphics are great, but not in comparison to the trailer. Have fingers crossed Battlefront 3 is very close to what the trailer had to offer. This is already a must buy in my opinion. 

or go look up The Old Republic trailers. EA has a history of doing this.

• 6 months later...

Can't believe the latest trailer hasn't been posted here yet. Come on guys. I've watched this trailer quite a few times. Yep, I'll be at the midnight premier for this one! Have a crazy idea of what may be going down.  Can't wait for the release! 

Edited by Thanes16

I never understood the love for Star Wars. Mediocre space operas at best. Emphasis on opera.

I get it. It was a part of my childhood. Maybe the largest. My mom waited in line with me for 3 hours 9 months preggo with my bro for Jedi. Had all the action figures. Star Wars was my life for almost a decade. I didn't realize how emotionally attached I was until the trailer with Han, Lea, and Chewy sightings.

The last few SW movies might have qualified as the worst films ever created. Mainly because George Lucas himself wrote the screenplays. Hopefully JJ Abrams told his boss to stick with what he's best at and leave the writing to the pros on this one.

George Lucas has nothing to do with the new slate of movies. Zero.

Separately, I really think Episode III gets unfairly dumped on because it gets grouped with the other crappy prequels. I think it was closer in quality to the original trilogy than to Episodes I & II.

Meh.

It's simple really.  I'm going to watch.  Even Episodes 1-3 had their moments even if most of it was garbage.

I'm not going out at midnight to see it.. but I will see it.  It will happen.

I loved the trailer.  They are trying very hard to keep things a secret.  Interesting use of lines from the movie that are not aligned with the scene it appears in.

I hope it's everything a person could want.  It will do well just because it's Star Wars but I am hoping that for me it has more connection.  I was 4 when the first film came out and it was a large part of my childhood.  By default I am already emotionally invested in it.

Separately, I really think Episode III gets unfairly dumped on because it gets grouped with the other crappy prequels. I think it was closer in quality to the original trilogy than to Episodes I & II.

Episode II I only half watched and it was so terrible I turned it off (I never do that). I should give Episode III a shot, but none of the Star Wars stuff is on Netflix streaming or Prime Video so forget it. I might take a look to see how much it is to rent if I magically get some free time. :)

The Mandalorian flag hanging in the temple ruins was all I needed to see. I'm ready.

Also, mouse droids. :wub:

Wait what? Mandalorians! Oh just got real then.

Episode II I only half watched and it was so terrible I turned it off (I never do that). I should give Episode III a shot, but none of the Star Wars stuff is on Netflix streaming or Prime Video so forget it. I might take a look to see how much it is to rent if I magically get some free time. :)

Ewan McGregregor's performance in Episode III IMPO was absolutely fantastic.

The last few SW movies might have qualified as the worst films ever created. Mainly because George Lucas himself wrote the screenplays. Hopefully JJ Abrams told his boss to stick with what he's best at and leave the writing to the pros on this one.

Lawerence Kasdan who wrote ESB and ROTJ, is the principle writer with JJ Abrams. That right there is a huge improvement.

Also for the Mandorlian Fans, you should be quite happy with the character Max Von Sydow is rumored to be playing.

True. I'm embarrassed for you.

The Mandalorian flag hanging in the temple ruins was all I needed to see. I'm ready.

Canderous the Manderous.  He's my guy.

True. I'm embarrassed for you.

Canderous the Manderous. He's my guy.

Well, I also don't have some childhood-induced nostalgic view of the original trilogy. I didn't see them until my mid-teens (go ahead and blame my parents), at which point they were much more just good fun movies than wonder-inspiring masterpieces.

Well, I also don't have some childhood-induced nostalgic view of the original trilogy. I didn't see them until my mid-teens (go ahead and blame my parents), at which point they were much more just good fun movies than wonder-inspiring masterpieces.

This makes me side with you. I was the same way, I saw Episodes I,II,III when I was 10 or so. I liked Episode II, minus the drawn out romance and garbage humor, but the clone battle were pretty awesome, and so was Yoda coming out in the end. Episode III was good IMO. That last duel was epic

Godzilla is probably my Star Wars. I was huge into that, it defined my entire childhood 

Edited by WildCard

This makes me side with you. I was the same way, I saw Episodes I,II,III when I was 10 or so. I liked Episode II, minus the drawn out romance and garbage humor, but the clone battle were pretty awesome, and so was Yoda coming out in the end. Episode III was good IMO. That last duel was epic

Godzilla is probably my Star Wars. I was huge into that, it defined my entire childhood 

I liked the prequels when I saw them as a kid.  Having re-watched them since I don't know how anybody can compare them to the originals.  The prequels felt like a separate genre, almost.

The original trilogy was a simple adventure with fun characters.  It had a really nice wondrous fantasy tone.  I don't think they're particularly amazing or special movies, but they make you feel.  They have soul.  

The prequels were souless and boring.  Even the third one which featured child murder and the most jarring, worst justified face-heel turn in the history of ever.  Terrible on every level from screen writing to directing to acting.

Observe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXjT6Dg4E68 

The true terrible-ness starts at 2:14.

To be fair to Hayden Christensen, I don't know how any actor could have pulled that off.

This^ 

Godzilla was what my childhood was all about

Is that the one where Yoda bounces around like an X-games trampoline competitor? I always thought Yoda should just stand serenely as he dispatches everyone that comes into his path. "Jump around like a rubber doll a Jedi master does not."

Edited by MattPie

Is that the one where Yoda bounces around like an X-games trampoline competitor? I always thought Yoda should just stand serenely as he dispatches everyone that comes into his path. "Jump around like a rubber doll a Jedi master does not."

How else is a dude who's 3ft going to beat a 6'5'' man when they are both the same speed of lightsaber? He's gotta change his angle of attack, or Dooku would just beat him to death. 

This^ 

Godzilla was what my childhood was all about

A new movie comes out in 2018, with a host of new enemies. It's taking so long because the director is, ironically, working on a Star Wars project  :lol:

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/470353-updates-on-legendary-and-tohos-new-godzilla-movies

I expect the 2nd movie to be much more action packed and a lot less character driven. I was pretty mad with the 1st movie just following that soldier the whole time, killing off Cranston so early, and completely miss using Ken Watanabe. But, I think, like the first Batman, they'll knock the 2nd one out of the park

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.