GDT Buffalo at Minnesota, 8PM EST MSG B Radio 930

Brawndo

Its battle of struggling teams as the Wild welcome in the Sabres. Pat Kaleta returns to the lineup, as Beniot takes over for an injured Gorges. Enroth in net.

Tonight also marks a head to head viewing battle as the Bills and Sabres play tonight.

Public Service Announcement

Given that fact both games are being played around the same time, there is a possibly the board might not be accessible at times during the game as Sabres Space and Two Bills Drive share the same server.

Edited by BRAWNDO

Who's the idiot who scheduled the Sabres to play on the same weeknight the Bills play? It isn't NYC with 7 pro teams playing now. How hard is it to look at the NFL schedule, which came out first, and make one adjustment for a two sport city.

Some very kind soul who took pity on us.

Don't care enough to look it up but I wonder if this happened before. Maybe back in the day when we were a primetime fixture but I don't recall it happening before.

It happened one time maybe 5 years ago when I visited Buffalo. Some buddies and I made a trip up there and the Bills were playing the Jets in Toronto on Thursday night and the Sabres were playing Philly I believe. We went to Duffs in OP and watched both games. The Sabres game was already half way over before kickoff though.

Edited by Drunkard

Don't care enough to look it up but I wonder if this happened before. Maybe back in the day when we were a primetime fixture but I don't recall it happening before.

Don't know about at the same time but in the early 90's I did some Bills/Sabres doubleheaders. One that I distinctly remember was the Bills hosted the Eagles in the game where Randall "eyes in the back of my head" Cunningham eluded Bruce in the end zone and threw the 99 yard TD bomb. Then later that night the Sabres hosted Detroit at the Aud.

Edited by Claude_Verret

Who's the idiot who scheduled the Sabres to play on the same weeknight the Bills play? It isn't NYC with 7 pro teams playing now. How hard is it to look at the NFL schedule, which came out first, and make one adjustment for a two sport city.

I'll say it again: Someone set up a perfect sports bar night.

Don't know about at the same time but in the early 90's I did some Bills/Sabres doubleheaders. One that I distinctly remember was the Bills hosted the Eagles in the game where Randall "eyes in the back of my head" Cunningham eluded Bruce in the end zone and threw the 99 yard TD bomb. Then later that night the Sabres hosted Detroit at the Aud.

The Sunday doubleheader was a regularity in the 80's. My Dad and I used to go all the time. By the second period i was always afraid to ask for anything because it was always followed with "do you have any idea how much money i have spent today". Great memories.

The only people watching this game are the hospital patients with their tv's stuck on MSG. :bag:

lol well in many hospitals, patients that have full use of their hands and arms can change this to watch both, which is actually more torturous than just being stuck on one...... Go babers

And those who can't will have their TV Channel changed by hospital staff to avoid charges of negligence.

I'll miss both of them, but I'll meet up at Eleven's choice of sports bar when I get into town (warning: it'll be 1AM). I'd prefer to listen to the Bills on the way up, but the NFL are ###### about mobile streaming radio so I'm stuck hunting through central PA radio to find the game. I might just say screw it and listen to the Sabres on my phone.

It happened one time maybe 5 years ago when I visited Buffalo. Some buddies and I made a trip up there and the Bills were playing the Jets in Toronto on Thursday night and the Sabres were playing Philly I believe. We went to Duffs in OP and watched both games. The Sabres game was already half way over before kickoff though.

Yeah, December 3, 2009. Bills vs. the Jets in Toronto (a loss) and the Sabres at home vs. Montreal (a win).

http://scores.espn.g...ameId=291203002

http://scores.espn.g...ameId=291203002

The next most recent example looks like December 17, 2005. Both teams were at home - the Sabres vs. the Pens (a win) and the Bills vs. Denver (a game that prominently featured a touchdown pass from Kelly Holcomb to Joe Burns - so of course it was a loss).

http://scores.espn.g...ameId=251217002

http://scores.espn.g...ameId=251217002

I'll miss both of them, but I'll meet up at Eleven's choice of sports bar when I get into town (warning: it'll be 1AM). I'd prefer to listen to the Bills on the way up, but the NFL are ###### about mobile streaming radio so I'm stuck hunting through central PA radio to find the game. I might just say screw it and listen to the Sabres on my phone.

1am! I doubt I'm still out by halftime.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.