GDT: 11/5/2014 Canadiens @ Sabres 7:30pm (MSG,WGR)

LGR4GM

7:30 faceoff on MSG(tv) and WGR(radio)

This will mark the first time since Gionta and Gorges became Sabres that they have played their former team. The Sabres are currently 3-9-1 with only 16goals for, while Montreal is 8-4-1 with 31goals for.

Top Players Buffalo:

Drew Stafford 1g, 5a, -9

Tyler Ennis 4g, 2a, -6

Zemgus Girgensons 2g, 2a, -2

Top Players Montreal:

Thomas Plakenec 5g, 4a, -1

Max Pacioretty 5g, 4a, +6

PK Subban 3g, 5a, -3

Have to admit when the Sabres are not in the mix the Canadians are who I root for. Love the city, tradition, uniforms, etc.

Me too.

My wife is from Montreal and I remember going to many a game at the old Forum. Nothing like it.

-----

Montreal played 2 stinkers in a row ... one against CHL title contender Calgary and last night the Black Hawks showed some deficiencies in the Habs game of late ... 5 - 0. I listened to a bit of that game (the local all news radio station is linked to the Habs radio network) and the Habs stunk in every aspect of the game last night.

I anticipate a correction to the Habs fortunes tonight.

As always,

GO SABRES!!

The Habs are in a bit of a funk. The Sabres are the tonic for what ails ya. Habs come out on top in this one. I know. Thats not much of a stretch at this point. Carey Price pitches another shutout. 3-cod.

I heard Price isn't getting the start tonight.

Montreal Canadiens at Buffalo Sabres, 7:30 p.m. ET

Just in time: After back-to-back blowout losses the Montreal Canadiens are probably going to be fairly excited to see the Sabres on the opposite side of the ice. Having given up 11 goals over their last two games, going against the team with the lowest goals-per-game rate in the league should instill some confidence in the Habs. The Sabres, meanwhile, have had a few days to rest up and prepare for one of the East's best teams to date after a 3-2 shootout win over Detroit Sunday. Even though the Habs are playing back-to-back games, they should be angry enough to make things very difficult for Buffalo. Pick: Canadiens 6, Sabres 2

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/24784780/nhl-daily-picks-red-wings-rangers-meet-in-original-six-showdown

You know, I just can't *hope* for a loss. Losses will be an inevitable part of this tank-nation, but I never hope for them. :(

I would like to say I agree but until the cushion between us and the 2nd to last team is built up, I have to sadly admit to it (and I'll be at the game...which says a lot).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.