GDT: 11/5/2014 Canadiens @ Sabres 7:30pm (MSG,WGR)

LGR4GM

1. Stafford can actually play good hockey. When he wants to. Which isn't often enough.

2. There was a series near the end of the third, where Montreal was offsides twice in about 30 seconds. How did 4 refs miss both?

3. Wasn't this a home game? Why did the cheers sound so damn loud when Montreal won?

Because people were dumping their tickets for this game for $10 on StubHub.

We were outnumbered last night sadly.

Does 2011 really count? That run to the playoffs started in January and I highly doubt that come April one person on this board or in this fan base was saying "...But Landeskog..."

We were ready to go on a playoff run and then use our new owner's deep pockets to make a jump to cup contenders. It didn't work out that way but I don't think that situation is comparable to the lockout season at all.

It does for me. I remember us being dead last in the league on 1/1/2011 and checking out the early draft write-ups during the holidays. If you'd have asked me right then if I wanted to stay bottom-5 or make a mad dash to 8th place with a flawed team, I would have stayed put.

A team that needed three months just to starting *trying* isn't going to contend. The roster needed major surgery way back then and we kept putting it off.

I denounce myself. Grigorenko was the Yakupov/Galchenyuk year. I was praying Filip Forsberg would fall to us.

Me too. Shocked he fell that far. Even more shocked Washington made that stupid trade. WOW that was dumb.

Still happy we got Grigorenko, though. I thought they both should've been top five picks.

They didn't even trade him for that much! Where the hell were we on that one?

We may have been close. I remember that there were reports Washington was trading with us for a forward and then it turned out to be Erat from Nashville. Wonder if they chose Erat over Stafford?

Once again, a Sabres player gets nailed by a dirty hit and the response was nothing more than a shove or two. That includes everyones favorite player who was first on the scene...Girgensons. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Totally agree. That kind of hit needs to be met with unbridled aggression and violence.

Once again, a Sabres player gets nailed by a dirty hit and the response was nothing more than a shove or two. That includes everyones favorite player who was first on the scene...Girgensons. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Totally agree. That kind of hit needs to be met with unbridled aggression and violence.

Aye

Aye

Because people were dumping their tickets for this game for $10 on StubHub.

He may have been slightly exaggerating for the Habs game, but for tonight, tickets are on StubHub for as low as $14, and that will likely drop as the day moves on. Like Chz said (this thread? another?), it's not just about the sunk cost of the tickets, but, also, the additional $40-50 one spends on parking, food, and drink. So people who don't want to spend time and money watching this ###### team just get what they can for their tickets.

He may have been slightly exaggerating for the Habs game, but for tonight, tickets are on StubHub for as low as $14, and that will likely drop as the day moves on. Like Chz said (this thread? another?), it's not just about the sunk cost of the tickets, but, also, the additional $40-50 one spends on parking, food, and drink. So people who don't want to spend time and money watching this ###### team just get what they can for their tickets.

I think come January and February we may have trouble giving our tickets away for FREE(depending on the night of the week and who the opponent is).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.