Zadorov?

pi2000

To paraphrase TPegs, "There is no Cap on paying off the Russian Mafia"

What if Murray is encouraging (via some oil and gas investment (CEO of KHL is also Chairman of the Board of Gazprom)) the Russians to hold on to Zads' rights, with the idea of forcing an exemption from the CHL deal.

If anyone doesn't think this is possible then they don't know just how crazy Russia is. Russia would do it.

The company owned by the President of SKA St. Petersburgh also owns Hartwell Arena in Helsinki and a 50% stake in the Jokerit (side note: you know a league is awesome when one guy is allowed to own stakes multiple teams) whom probably sat with the Pegulas during our game there in 2011.

http://en.wikipedia....nnady_Timchenko

This is getting deep.

Edited by Glass Case Of Emotion

The company owned by the President of SKA St. Petersburgh also owns Hartwell Arena in Helsinki and a 50% stake in the Jokerit (side note: you know a league is awesome when one guy is allowed to own stakes multiple teams) whom probably sat with the Pegulas during our game there in 2011.

http://en.wikipedia....nnady_Timchenko

This is getting deep.

On March 20, 2014, following the Crimean status referendum, Timchenko became one of the persons who were put by President Obama under executive sanctions due to their alleged close connections to Russian President Vladimir Putin. The sanctions freeze any assets he holds in the US and ban him from entering the United States.[10]

Would associating with him make Pegula an enemy of the state?

Would that make Pegula even cooler?

I would let him go to St petersburg, atleast he'll play , right now sitting in the stands isn't doing anything for his development.

And im not so sure he'd stay over there, seems like the kid wants to be in the NHL.

Who's got the better puck bunnies?

After reading the article juniors is not happening. Keep him here and give him some games. If he is that much worse than Benoit/Meszarous then we are in trouble with him anyhow.

Dress 7 dmen if you have to on occasion. Just don't let hom go to Russia. This season is wasted anyhow. Do what you have to in order to keep him here then next year he can get big minutes in Rochester if he still sucks.

Just sucks we're going to burn a year on his ELC when it seems apparent the coaching staff does not feel he's ready. But if the alternative is Russia then get this guy in the lineup and keep him here. Also, great work GCOE.

Does he burn the year if he plays nine games or less, or is there a time limit as well?

Does he burn the year if he plays nine games or less, or is there a time limit as well?

IIRC from the Grigorenko fiasco, If he is on the roster for X number of games he burns a contract year. 23 games seems to ring a bell. But my bell is out of tune.

Others who were drafted by the KHL in 2012 include

Hertl, Barkov, Ristolainen, Hampus Lindholm, Nichushkin

All of which play on NHL rosters.

So I went back to 2011 to see who was drafted by the KHL in 2011, and find

Jonathan Huberdeau, Grigorenko, Joel Armia, Gabriel Landeskog, Teuvo Teräväinen, Markus Granlund

A few of those guys aren't in the NHL yet, but most of them are. So I'm assuming KHL > OHL/QMJHL but the AHL > KHL?

Others who were drafted by the KHL in 2012 include

Hertl, Barkov, Ristolainen, Hampus Lindholm, Nichushkin

All of which play on NHL rosters.

So I went back to 2011 to see who was drafted by the KHL in 2011, and find

Jonathan Huberdeau, Grigorenko, Joel Armia, Gabriel Landeskog, Teuvo Teräväinen, Markus Granlund

A few of those guys aren't in the NHL yet, but most of them are. So I'm assuming KHL > OHL/QMJHL but the AHL > KHL?

AHL = NHL as far as player Contracts are concerned. Same agreement between team and player covers both leagues.

He can up and go if he wants to anyway. He wants to play in the biggest show.

What a pickle we'd be in if there was an exemption for one player per team. Zads or Reinhart?

Probably sorted out by some of the other discussion but while he's on the Sabres he can't go to the KHL. Well, I suppose he COULD go but that would create quite the fiasco.

That article and subsequent information really shed a lot of light on the entire situation. Interesting that the Sabres didn't just put that out there so people knew.

I am sure they are trying to work out the exception with CHL and thus the comments on he's too big to play there. After that, I think they have to realize that waiving Meszaros is the best thing they can do and leaving Zadarov on the roster is the best thing they can do.

I'm not positive if he would burn the year if he played less than 9 but if we're keeping him all year I'd still rather he be playing then sitting in the press box every game.

IIRC from the Grigorenko fiasco, If he is on the roster for X number of games he burns a contract year. 23 games seems to ring a bell. But my bell is out of tune.

No. Only if he plays 9 games. The Sabres lose a year of control (RFA), though, if he's on the team for something like 24 games.

Thanks!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.