Zadorov?

pi2000

They granted him a one year waiver.

Ah, okay. Makes sense. So why not this year? Is it possible his agent asked them not to grant the waiver so he had a chance to play there if he didn't make the Sabres lineup?

Edited by biodork

Could this result in the NHL and CHL coming to an agreement allowing him to remain on his NHL contract and play in Rochester?

Please someone say yes...

I think it's up to the KHL to do that at this point.

If it's the KHL or Buffalo then let him play here.

Could this result in the NHL and CHL coming to an agreement allowing him to remain on his NHL contract and play in Rochester?

Please someone say yes...

I think it's in the NHL's best interest to do anything to keep Zadorov in North America.

That's a solid maybe!! I take it!!

In Soviet Russia, hockey plays you.

Wow. That is quite the predicament. Sounds like our options are Buffalo or St. Petersburg. Interesting.

I'll be the first to say that I think playing against men, even if it is in Russia, is probably better for Nikita.

In Soviet Russia, hockey plays you.

Wow. That is quite the predicament. Sounds like our options are Buffalo or St. Petersburg. Interesting.

I'll be the first to say that I think playing against men, even if it is in Russia, is probably better for Nikita.

No. You cannot let him leave the US. If he leaves, he's gone forever.

No. You cannot let him leave the US. If he leaves, he's gone forever.

He can up and go if he wants to anyway. He wants to play in the biggest show.

This is another example of why the NHL/CHL Agreement needs to be changed.

This, I would rather have him be a healthy scratch for 82 games then run the risk of losing him to the KHL permanently

What a pickle we'd be in if there was an exemption for one player per team. Zads or Reinhart?

Given this new development I think you'd have to select Zads, but what is better for the team? I think reinhart is the bigger potential impact.

Not so sure about that. Zadorov likely has a bigger need for a level in between juniors and the NHL. Reinhart has all the tools, just needs to workout a bit and improve in the circle.

In the AHL he would stay on the same contract that he is on in the NHL. The problem with Juniors is that he is no longer playing on the NHL deal, so the KHL transfer agreement no longer holds. But he can't go to the AHL because of the CHL agreement. Seems like it would be in the best interests of the NHL (keeping talent local) and the CHL (not scaring away foreign players afraid of ending up in the same predicament) to make some sort of exception. All deals are negotiable.

In the AHL he would stay on the same contract that he is on in the NHL. The problem with Juniors is that he is no longer playing on the NHL deal, so the KHL transfer agreement no longer holds. But he can't go to the AHL because of the CHL agreement. Seems like it would be in the best interests of the NHL (keeping talent local) and the CHL (not scaring away foreign players afraid of ending up in the same predicament) to make some sort of exception. All deals are negotiable.

You have to hope that an owner with deep pockets would be a help here.

You have to hope that an owner with deep pockets would be a help here.

To paraphrase TPegs, "There is no Cap on paying off the Russian Mafia"

What if Murray is encouraging (via some oil and gas investment (CEO of KHL is also Chairman of the Board of Gazprom)) the Russians to hold on to Zads' rights, with the idea of forcing an exemption from the CHL deal.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.