Zadorov?

pi2000

I haven't been able to keep up with the overall Zad's scenario, can someone let me know exactly why Nolan won't play him?

I've only seen him play a couple of times but he mostly impressed me as a little slow and struggling to consistently get into position in battles behind the net and in corners. He didn't look ready like Risto does.

They should have a better plan for Zadorov. He's not getting slimmer and quicker or better by sitting in the press box.

What's the stratagy? You can't expect me to believe that he's getting better by not gaining experience every gameday.

It's hardly motivating for any young prospect to be embarassed like this. The pressbox is for journeymen guys you need for an emergency, not for top young prospects.

What's the strategy, ffs?

They should have a better plan for Zadorov. He's not getting slimmer and quicker or better by sitting in the press box.

What's the stratagy? You can't expect me to believe that he's getting better by not gaining experience every gameday.

It's hardly motivating for any young prospect to be embarassed like this. The pressbox is for journeymen guys you need for an emergency, not for top young prospects.

I did a google image search for Pizza Logs today and your user picture was on the first page of results. :lol:

Benoit and Meszaros have both been much shakier than I was hoping for. I've never heard of Stachan before a couple of weeks ago and yet he looked better last night than those 2 have looked.

Believe it or not Stachan actually played in the ECHL here in Las Vegas as well as Engelland and both made it to the nhl. Both are mediocre defense but I have to give both of them credit it ain't easy going from ECHL to the NHL.

I really prefer Burritos. It's not even a Mighty Taco thing. I just like Burritos.

Russians like bulking up on tortellini looking things called pelmeni with sour cream, and pancakes cooked in oil, with sausage, called blini with sourcream, and a variation of the middle eastern shuarma, which they pronounce shavarma - a pita sandwich with pork, lamb, or chicken, onion, cucumber, tomato, and sour cream.

But the key to really put on the bulk, is to chase it down with a dark beer of three, and given all that, he's probably still fit as a ballerina in the Bolshoi...

Another way off base comment. The fact that he sits in the pressbox for 2.5 hours does not have any impact on his "slimness" or "quickness". His daily practicing with the team however does do that. He gains experience every practice. Hockey games are the applied learning of practice. To insinuate that he learns nothing is foolish and incorrect.

He wants to be in the starting lineup for the Buffalo Sabres. I would venture a guess that anything OTHER than that motivates him. As for him being embarrassed? Pure conjecture. Has he said this? If so, he's a fool. I would expect any junior eligible player to be happy to have not been sent back to the Junior team. It means that he's better than just being sent down. It means that the team wants him around during practice. This is nothing like a proven veteran being scratched from the lineup.

Another way off base comment. The fact that he sits in the pressbox for 2.5 hours does not have any impact on his "slimness" or "quickness". His daily practicing with the team however does do that. He gains experience every practice. Hockey games are the applied learning of practice. To insinuate that he learns nothing is foolish and incorrect.

He wants to be in the starting lineup for the Buffalo Sabres. I would venture a guess that anything OTHER than that motivates him. As for him being embarrassed? Pure conjecture. Has he said this? If so, he's a fool. I would expect any junior eligible player to be happy to have not been sent back to the Junior team. It means that he's better than just being sent down. It means that the team wants him around during practice. This is nothing like a proven veteran being scratched from the lineup.

It also means he's earning a lot more scratch than the guys back in London riding the bus.

Like I posted in the game day thread, I think they're letting guys like Meszaros play themselves out of a job. It was always my feeling that Murray brought these guys in as stop-gaps in case certain players (like Zadorov) were DEFINITELY not ready out of camp.

A guy like Zadorov staying with the team makes me think that they expect to give him a chance to put one of these guys on the waiver wire.

I'm thinking cap floor had something to do with it, too.

I posted this link in another thread about Pysyk and McCabe, but there was a bit on Zadorov as well:

ROOKIE MOVES?

The Sabres have eight defensemen on the active roster including 19-year-old Nikita Zadorov. He hasn’t dressed for a game this season.

He is eligible to play in nine games before the team must decide if they want to keep him in the NHL for the entire season and have his contract kick in or return him to his Ontario Hockey League club in London.

“We’re trying to do our best with the situation and we’ll keep working at him, get his conditioning a little better,” Sabres coach Ted Nolan said. “He’s another promising young prospect that we have to make sure we do the best for him. Right now we’re working him as hard as we can in practice, make him a little angry, making him want to make us play him now.”

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=734820

Something is fishy with the whole Zadorov situation. How can he be "too big" for the OHL? I didn't know the OHL had a "you're to big to ride this ride" stipulation. If he's not in shape, send him down to get in shape. TN saying we trying to do the best for Zadorov is disingenuous. Something behind the scenes has to be in play.

Something is fishy with the whole Zadorov situation. How can he be "too big" for the OHL? I didn't know the OHL had a "you're to big to ride this ride" stipulation. If he's not in shape, send him down to get in shape. TN saying we trying to do the best for Zadorov is disingenuous. Something behind the scenes has to be in play.

And what is your conspiracy theory?

They're working his asss off for showing up looking like a slug. Come on kid if you want to be a professional , act like one. I think this is the best thing that could have happened to him. Better now than later.

Nikpizza Zadorlog.

Edited by Andrew Amerk

I have a feeling they were so disappointed with his physical conditioning they kept him to teach him a routine with a pro trainer. That's really it. It isn't in the spirit of the agreement with the CHL (juniors) But a lot hinges an this young man's physical shape.

I have a feeling they were so disappointed with his physical conditioning they kept him to teach him a routine with a pro trainer. That's really it. It isn't in the spirit of the agreement with the CHL (juniors) But a lot hinges an this young man's physical shape.

That's the impression I got from biodork's quote. Keep him around a pro level trainer for as long as possible before sending him back.. That's the first thing I've seen on this that is finally making sense. If the kid has a good head on his shoulders, he's going to take the right message from this process. Let's hope.

Sounds like that's just Buffalo's feeling and not an actual rule:

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sabres-nhl/sabres-notebook-zadarov-can-only-watch-and-wait-for-now-20141016

The Sabres could send Zadorov back to the London Knights of the Ontario Hockey League, where he spent the previous two seasons. There have been no discussions between the clubs.

“We have room for him and we’d welcome him back, but at the end of the day it’s up to Buffalo and what they want to do,” London Assistant General Manager Rob Simpson said by phone. “They make all the decisions on that.”

I commented in the Training Camp Thread a month ago that Zadorov was listed at 238 based on the training camp news release. That seems like far to heavy of a weight for him unless he gained a ton of muscle. Looks like he may have been just slacking off this summer and although the Sabres seem to want him with the big club (alteast for now) they still have to get him in game shape. He's still a young kid but if this is the reason he isn't being played then I'm starting to get concerned.

It also means he's earning a lot more scratch than the guys back in London riding the bus.

He's earning without burning a year of his contract? Gotta love that. Can they sign me and let me sit?

I agree. Although I don't understand the "too big" comment. That's just... strange.

Agent hoping to hear something by Tuesday.

Apparently his KHL Team has not relinquished his rights for the season and he cannot be returned to juniors as a result.

http://www.buffaloho...e-decided-soon/

Here’s the issue: Zadorov, as a European, can’t be sent back to the London Knights, his junior team, because he doesn’t have a release from the Russian club that owns his rights. The Sabres don’t believe Zadorov’s ready to play in the NHL yet. But if they don’t keep him, they lose control of him to St. Petersburg, a KHL team. They clearly don’t want him developing out of their grasp thousands of miles away in Russia.
Edited by BRAWNDO

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.