GDT: Sabres at Huricanes 10-14-14 7:30PM NBCSN

spndnchz

This team is doing better than last years team in terms of wins and losses.

Zemgus Girgensons is so much more than just a tough, defensive center.

I'm trying to think of a player who bounces off boards like he does. I watched numerous times tonight where a defenseman would check Z into the boards and all it actually accomplished was bouncing him back out into the open ice with the puck. It's a little strange. Between that and the fact that the puck seems to be magnetically drawn to his stick I am beginning to wonder if he's inhuman. I keep trying to find something to not like about him and I can't do it.

He busted his ass to get back on a play early in the first period and was responsible for tipping the pick and was in position to turn it right back up the ice. His rush was every bit as impressive as Sekera's was except he did not get destroyed at the end.

For what it's worth, that rush to get back by Sekera was damn impressive. You rarely see that from any player. He gave up everything for a team that was seeking its first win and I am sure that's one reason he is wearing an A. I hope he is not too seriously injured.

I'm trying to think of a player who bounces off boards like he does. I watched numerous times tonight where a defenseman would check Z into the boards and all it actually accomplished was bouncing him back out into the open ice with the puck. It's a little strange. Between that and the fact that the puck seems to be magnetically drawn to his stick I am beginning to wonder if he's inhuman. I keep trying to find something to not like about him and I can't do it.

He busted his ass to get back on a play early in the first period and was responsible for tipping the pick and was in position to turn it right back up the ice. His rush was every bit as impressive as Sekera's was except he did not get destroyed at the end.

For what it's worth, that rush to get back by Sekera was damn impressive. You rarely see that from any player. He gave up everything for a team that was seeking its first win and I am sure that's one reason he is wearing an A. I hope he is not too seriously injured.

I always liked Reggie

Gus' game sort of reminds me of Rod Brindamour. It'll be interesting to see if he develops the offensive game Rod the Bod had.

wtf is the point of having samson here if he is getting 7 minutes of ice time? are we evaluating his ability to pick wood splinters out his bunghole?

Look on the bright side -- at this point it's looking pretty likely that he goes back to juniors, which means he gets to miss this poopshow.

This team is doing better than last years team in terms of wins and losses.

Zemgus Girgensons is so much more than just a tough, defensive center.

If there were a poster who were otherwise fairly mature and levelheaded but still prone to fanhood and changing of screen names, that poster could do a LOT worse than adopting a Zemgus-based title.

Not quite so much anymore, but Datsyuk in his prime was like that.

If there were a poster who were otherwise fairly mature and levelheaded but still prone to fanhood and changing of screen names, that poster could do a LOT worse than adopting a Zemgus-based title.

If such a poster were to exist. Lord Zemgus would definitely be on the shortlist. But said poster may be holding out to see what Nikita can do, for sentimental reasons... At least, that would be my guess.

hes got to get away from playing cute and play more like a power forward

That was what Nolan said about Foligno after praising his performance last night. I love it.

I agree, someone needs to sit him down and show him tapes of John LeClair, from 1995-2000.

I know he played with Lindros, but talk about making the most of what you got - LeClair had a mean shot that Foligno probably doesn't have, but the bulk of his goals were rebounds and tip-ins, after winning a board battle and getting the puck to someone else, so that he could go camp in front.

Simplicity itself, and I thnk Marcus could become a 20 goal guy easily, if would adopt a simple power forward game.

He's a better skater than LeClair, so he has that working for him too.

Just do the kid a favor and send him back today. Nolan had a chance to let Samson get a huge boost of confidence and end the game 6 times and instead chose to let him sit and watch. If nothing else let's see what the kid is made of and put him on the stage.

#2 freaking pick and he can't make an 8 deep shootout on the most pathetic team in sports. Come on Ted get your head out of your ass. Coaching isn't just "work hard and effort" you moron.

Just do the kid a favor and send him back today. Nolan had a chance to let Samson get a huge boost of confidence and end the game 6 times and instead chose to let him sit and watch. If nothing else let's see what the kid is made of and put him on the stage.

#2 freaking pick and he can't make an 8 deep shootout on the most pathetic team in sports. Come on Ted get your head out of your ass. Coaching isn't just "work hard and effort" you moron.

Nolan=boob

The GDT during the shootout was amazing during the SO.

Edited by inkman

hes got to get away from playing cute and play more like a power forward

That was what Nolan said about Foligno after praising his performance last night. I love it.

Teddy has said a number of times in reference to Foligno words to the effect of "People talk about power forwards, but sometimes there isn't enough power." I think it's an ongoing process.

The people sitting in front of me yesterday actually brought a baby to the game. I guess they aren't aware of our reputation.

Oh, and I hate shootouts. There is no quicker way to kill any flow a game has. I guess that doesn't matter too much though since the game is essentially over at that point anyway.

The people sitting in front of me yesterday actually brought a baby to the game. I guess they aren't aware of our reputation.

Oh, and I hate shootouts. There is no quicker way to kill any flow a game has. I guess that doesn't matter too much though since the game is essentially over at that point anyway.

That, or they wanted a snack for the ride home. ;)

I saw many toddlers (3 and under) at the game yesterday, it's pretty common so I guess I've just become accustomed to it. I ended up sitting in section 125 (section 100 doesn't exist) which is at the end where the Canes shot twice so I never made it over to your end of the arena. I'm not sure how the refs missed that third Canes goal, it was clear as day to me that it went in the net in real time.

I saw many toddlers (3 and under) at the game yesterday, it's pretty common so I guess I've just become accustomed to it. I ended up sitting in section 125 (section 100 doesn't exist) which is at the end where the Canes shot twice so I never made it over to your end of the arena. I'm not sure how the refs missed that third Canes goal, it was clear as day to me that it went in the net in real time.

This one was under a year old. He somehow stayed awake for the entire game. He liked my Sabre jersey to the dismay of his mother. That kid still has some hope.

That tying goal wasn't so clear from my end. It was one of those ones that could have gone either way, either crossbar or the back pipe. The locals were funny about it though with all the booing, almost as if they didn't realize it could be reviewed.

DId Gerbe really say in one of these intermission videos that he is scared of carnival rides? I know it's because of the whole "you must be this tall to ride" thing, but man, why would you admit that?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.