GDT: Sabres at Huricanes 10-14-14 7:30PM NBCSN

spndnchz

Not sure what I did specifically to lose it. If calling you out because you told me that my opinion is BS and telling us how stupid we look is disrespectful, then so be it. I thought this was a pretty good discussion with nobody taking it personally. My feelings don't get hurt when somebody tries to belittle me or call me names, just be prepared to get call

ed on it.

Please show me where I ever mentioned you in a post. D4rk yes - you no. I guess you assumed. Either way the fact thatI have to defend myself for stating that grown men shouldn't act like fools is a joke.

Please show me where I ever mentioned you in a post. D4rk yes - you no. I guess you assumed. Either way the fact thatI have to defend myself for stating that grown men shouldn't act like fools is a joke.

You said 'some of you guys' in regards to our mention of 'adult entertainment'................ plural. Since I was one of the people (and the first one to mention 'adult entertainment') anybody with a concept of logic would conclude they were part of "you guys".

Can you please point out to me where anybody is stating that adults don't need to act like grown men? I've mentioned this several times now.......... I don't think anybody is proposing that we do so.

Here's the thing, it's pretty safe to assume that 99.9% of parents would prefer to not even to have to deal with that issue at all. Even you with your seven year old one day, I promise. Of course you can't shelter your kids from everything and I'm sure each and every one of us has let some bad language slip in front of kids at a game. It happens. But to know there are kids around and still continue with the potty mouth under the justification that it's "adult entertainment" and it's their problem for bringing their kids, means you are being an ass. It just does. Of course you are completely free to act like an ass if you so choose, I usually opt for some simple common courtesy.

This.

Also, people smoked in the And when my Dad took me to games in the 70s. People no longer do so. Why? Because a collective intolerance for undesirable behavior effected the change.

Times change. Standards change. If you're in my section screaming "FOKC YOU, REF!", you're getting an eye-roll at best, and efforts to tone down or remove you at worst.

Way too far. Just way to far. That's gotta stop.

Agreed.

So D4rk's comments were acceptable? Typical double standard around here.

If you don't understand the difference between what d4rk was chirping about (I don't always agree with him, and he can be snarky -- but he's got a good heart and he doesn't get nasty or personal), and what you said you wanted to do to him, then there's no helping you.

Why is this even about children? Since when has it been acceptable anywhere to yell out random obscenities?

Fair deuce.

... what the hell happened in here last night?

:lol:

Agreed.

If you don't understand the difference between what d4rk was chirping about (I don't always agree with him, and he can be snarky -- but he's got a good heart and he doesn't get nasty or personal), and what you said you wanted to do to him, then there's no helping you.

Not to him personally but to whoever is acting the way he was condoning as being appropriate.

Listen, if any of you feel it is appropriate to drop f bombs in front of kids at hockey games then THERE IS NO HELPING YOU!!

I have 3 boys and have taken them to numerous Buffalo and Tampa games. I have run into many loud and obnoxious fans. Sorry but more often in Buffalo.

I apologize for making it sound like I wanted to hurt D4rk. I won't apologize for thinking he is ignorant in many of his posts as well as his belief about proper etiquette at a game.

Edited by sicknfla

Lol. There's no way around what you said. You legitimately said that you hope that he is the one sitting near you so you can knock his teeth out.

Anyways, I don't think that just yelling and swearing all the time is appropriate. Control yourself. Obviously f-bombs will come out very occasionally, and that's fine. I do it. I know so many people that do it.

Not to him personally but to whoever is acting the way he was condoning as being appropriate.

Listen, if any of you feel it is appropriate to drop f bombs in front of kids at hockey games then THERE IS NO HELPING YOU!!

I have 3 boys and have taken them to numerous Buffalo and Tampa games. I have run into many loud and obnoxious fans. Sorry but more often in Buffalo.

I apologize for making it sound like I wanted to hurt D4rk. I won't apologize for thinking he is ignorant in many of his posts as well as his belief about proper etiquette at a game.

I think most people will agree with you actually. Dork's views about hockey being adult entertainment and their etiquette around fans are in the clear minority. However you carried yourself pretty bad, with the you know, wanting to beat him up bit

It's okay to have goofy or minority opinions. Don't want to threaten people for it, that's all

Edited by Numark

There is a level of selfishness and crudeness in today's society. It didn't use to be that way. People really don't care what they act or sound like to others these days. I'll bet whoever would want to swear at the ref at the top of their lungs would pull this type of act in almost any other place. It brings down everybody else who's around.

There should be a level of respect for the people around you, especially if there are kids around.

quote:

name='Tankalicioustimestamp='1413559349' post='614704']

Lol. There's no way around what you said. You legitimately said that you hope that he is the one sitting near you so you can knock his teeth out.

Anyways, I don't think that just yelling and swearing all the time is appropriate. Control yourself. Obviously f-bombs will come out very occasionally, and that's fine. I do it. I know so many people that do it.

qoute:

Absolutely. If some moron was sitting near me acting like he thinks is ok it would take all i have to not smack him. If it happened to be D4rk oh well. BTW, I have gone to over 100 games with my kids and never experienced anything remotely like D4rk stated as being ok.

This isn't about the 10-15 ###### in the arena that want to be fools. It is about the other 18k that want to enjoy their evening with whoever the hell they want to go with. God forbid - children included.

Edited by sicknfla

There is a level of selfishness and crudeness in today's society. It didn't use to be that way. People really don't care what they act or sound like to others these days.

Yeah every time I'm pretty much anywhere in public I want to ax murder everyone. The level of inconsideration is palletable. People running into you with their carts, standing in aisles chatting with Susie taking up the entire thing not even bothering to look if they are impeding anyone, people cutting in front of you without even a gesture. I prefer going to the crappy stores as I know there will be less people.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.