GDT: Sabres at Huricanes 10-14-14 7:30PM NBCSN

spndnchz

Come on guys - seriously ? I don't care where you are you have to have some level of self control around kids. I don't care if it is at a hockey game or church. It doesnt matter.

Dork i will go out on a limb and say you have no kids. Right? If you do i hope you don't take them to games with you. If you don't then i bet you will change your mind about whether being an ignorant ass is ok or not at a hockey game when you start taking yours.

If you are the buffoon in front of me and I have my kids with me the first time you are an ass I tell my kids there are idiots everywhere. The second time I tell you to grow up and have a little class. The 3rd time we probably have a problem.

For those of you that think being vulgar and onnoxious is acceptable then you are probably more immature than the kids that you think should stick to chuck e cheeses.

Who are you referring to?

Well, you might think this if Buffalo and Florida are the 2 arenas you frequent, but this generally isn't the case where the teams are good.

You're probably right, and Florida is worse than most. Still, I don't think I should have to worry about offending anybody or disrupting their two year old's sleep at a sports game. I think there is a time and place for children, if you bring your kid to the arena then so be it. Just don't expect me to also sit on my hands and bury my face in my cell phone all game. I went to the Aud and sat in the upper level with my dad when I was 6,7 years old, amongst all the obnoxious drunks. That's where I saw Perrault's 500th. I absolutely loved every minute of it. Kids haven't changed how they view the vocal fans, the parents changed in how they tell their kids what to expect.

Standing and cheering and taunting the refs and the opposition should be perfectly acceptable at an NHL hockey game.

Screaming repeated F-bombs? Is that even OK at WWE?

Screaming repeated F-bombs is different than fearing letting one slip. On one hand, we have who I've been talking about. On the other hand we have who some on here think I'm talking about.

Man, if today's parents and kids could only experience an arena atmosphere from the Aud days and what was considered the norm.

If anyone doubts the moral value of the tank they need look no farther than the fact that a 2-1 shoot out marathon spawned a collaborative resolution of proper fan etiquette, child rearing advice and a self reflection on alcohol consumption at sporting events. All of this three days after the culmination of the contest. The gift that keeps on giving.

If anyone doubts the moral value of the tank they need look no farther than the fact that a 2-1 shoot out marathon spawned a collaborative resolution of proper fan etiquette, child rearing advice and a self reflection on alcohol consumption at sporting events. All of this three days after the culmination of the contest. The gift that keeps on giving.

It's all good, I'm enjoying the discussion. Need something to talk about with 3 days off in between games.

I think there should be common courtesy when kids are around (and I hate this, but I don't think it's too much to ask). However, parents know what their kids might be exposed to at a game, so I don't really think it's justified to stink eye the offender. It's like complaining about getting a speeding ticket when you're, ya know, speeding.

I think parents should be able to take kids to games.

Heck, when families at any age can bond over sports it is a good thing.

If you're cursing in front of kids and think it is your prerogative as an adult,

You are being an ass. The old oranges in the early Aud years were hysterical because the taunts were more clever than any curse, and often filled with entendre that went above kids heads an better than any effyou.

I might be dating myself as a prude here, but I would be one telling you to knock it off if kids were around.

Speaking as one whose favorite word is the f-bomb (the ####ing word is so unbe-####ing-leavable it not only can be used as any ####ing part of a sentence, it can be a mid-####ing-word modifier), I agree that one shouldn't be dropping too many at a game and if there are kids around, ideally, dropping 0.

It's all a matter of setting: in the locker room - ####ing drop as many as you ####ing want; in the offices, don't be imbe-####ing-cilic - it's a ZFG zone; and in the stands, in mixed company, it should be used pretty ####ing sparingly unless one is a ####wad. :)

I didn't care for Dorks comments but my post was directed at anyone who doesn't have respect for kids in attendance.

I want loud and crazy fans around me. I don't want obnoxious and vulgar ones.

It's a two way street. At some point there needs to be respect given to those who want to enjoy a night of adult entertainment.

It's fair that you expect some personal control out of fans at the game. But you cannot bring a child and expect to never come across it. I'm sure nobody here is talking about being an obnoxious, vulgar distraction. But I sure as hell ain't sitting on my hands.

What I don't understand is how its ok to subject kids to violence (grown men punching eachother in the face on the ice), but heaven forbid somebody says a bad word! Oh noes!

###### hypocrites!

I'm pretty sure the bleep sound should be considered a bad word, since you can pretty much bleep anything out now and your mind automatically associates it with saying something bad.

Edited by skaught

It's a two way street. At some point there needs to be respect given to those who want to enjoy a night of adult entertainment.

It's fair that you expect some personal control out of fans at the game. But you cannot bring a child and expect to never come across it. I'm sure nobody here is talking about being an obnoxious, vulgar distraction. But I sure as hell ain't sitting on my hands.

This. For how much it costs, these games are adult entertainment. Everything is kid friendly nowadays and it's becoming harder and harder to avoid it as someone who doesn't want to be around kids 24/7.

When I have kids of my own some day I will never complain about not being able to go to do things on account of them. Because that's what happens when you have kids. Things you used to like to do suddenly become off limit for a period of time.

Can we please stop making everything kid friendly?

Riiiight...when your seven your old becomes obsessed with a game that they market to kids, and he begs you to take him to the game...you're going to say "sorry son, adults only.". Good luck with that!

Adult entertainment is the Canadian ballet, not hockey.

My seven year old is totally going to the game. But he/she is going to learn the same way I learned. That we don't do what the drunk guy over there does. And we don't say the words the man behind us is saying. My parents saw no need to cover my child ears. They just told me how to understand it. Kids understand pretty well what behavior is and is not for them as long as the rules are defined.

Riiiight...when your seven your old becomes obsessed with a game that they market to kids, and he begs you to take him to the game...you're going to say "sorry son, adults only.". Good luck with that!

Adult entertainment is the Canadian ballet, not hockey.

Exactly!! Adult entertainment. That kills me. Hey Dork - your dad ever take you to a game?? Some of my best memories with my dad were going to Sunday night games. Used to always get dinner first at some Italian place that was downstairs from the street.

Some of you guys with your adult entertainment and BS really look stupid right now. Problem is you are too immature to notice.

Exactly!! Adult entertainment. That kills me. Hey Dork - your dad ever take you to a game?? Some of my best memories with my dad were going to Sunday night games. Used to always get dinner first at some Italian place that was downstairs from the street.

Some of you guys with your adult entertainment and BS really look stupid right now. Problem is you are too immature to notice.

See above. I'm sorry I had good parents or something. Y'all can just keep making excuses if you want though.

Also considering you turned out to be one of the biggest dunces on this forum maybe your parents should have put a little more work in. Take your pathetic nickname and cram it in your blow hole.

With your unsuccessful attempt at belittling us, I'm not sure if you're the child or the adult.

Nobody said the kids couldn't go.

Edited by JJFIVEOH

My seven year old is totally going to the game. But he/she is going to learn the same way I learned. That we don't do what the drunk guy over there does. And we don't say the words the man behind us is saying. My parents saw no need to cover my child ears. They just told me how to understand it. Kids understand pretty well what behavior is and is not for them as long as the rules are defined.

Here's the thing, it's pretty safe to assume that 99.9% of parents would prefer to not even to have to deal with that issue at all. Even you with your seven year old one day, I promise. Of course you can't shelter your kids from everything and I'm sure each and every one of us has let some bad language slip in front of kids at a game. It happens. But to know there are kids around and still continue with the potty mouth under the justification that it's "adult entertainment" and it's their problem for bringing their kids, means you are being an ass. It just does. Of course you are completely free to act like an ass if you so choose, I usually opt for some simple common courtesy.

I think parents should be able to take kids to games.

Heck, when families at any age can bond over sports it is a good thing.

If you're cursing in front of kids and think it is your prerogative as an adult,

You are being an ass. The old oranges in the early Aud years were hysterical because the taunts were more clever than any curse, and often filled with entendre that went above kids heads an better than any effyou.

I might be dating myself as a prude here, but I would be one telling you to knock it off if kids were around.

This is, by far, the most reasoned response in this thread. If you have to resort to profanities in public to express your emotions, your school (and your grandmother) has failed you. Use your noggin and be creative about it. F bombs get sideways looks even in bars. You are out on the town. Have a little discretion fer cryin out loud.

And hockey as "adult entertainment"? Really?

I didn't care for Dorks comments but my post was directed at anyone who doesn't have respect for kids in attendance.

I want loud and crazy fans around me. I don't want obnoxious and vulgar ones.

Way out of line. Name calling? Really? How old are you?

Edited by weave

See above. I'm sorry I had good parents or something. Y'all can just keep making excuses if you want though.

Also considering you turned out to be one of the biggest dunces on this forum maybe your parents should have put a little more work in. Take your pathetic nickname and cram it in your blow hole.

Lol. You look more like a punk kid with every post. Hopefully someday your the idiot sitting near me acting like the fool you are and i can knock your teeth down your throat.

This is, by far, the most reasoned response in this thread. If you have to resort to profanities in public to express your emotions, your school (and your grandmother) has failed you. Use your noggin and be creative about it. F bombs get sideways looks even in bars. You are out on the town. Have a little discretion fer cryin out loud.

And hockey as "adult entertainment"? Really?

Way out of line. Name calling? Really? How old are you?

Honestly thought it was Dork. I can of a lot worse for him.

With your unsuccessful attempt at belittling us, I'm not sure if you're the child or the adult.

Nobody said the kids couldn't go.

Had more respect for you J before this thread. Actually had more respect for a few of you before this thread. Maybe this is why 26CB had enough of this place.

Edited by sicknfla

Well we can easily tell what posters don't have kids from this discussion. :lol:

Yea no kidding. Being at a hockey game is not an excuse to act like an ass or be ignorant of the people (kids or no kids) around you. If that confuses anyone or makes them question parenting, the country, etc. then just wait until you have kids

and holy crap I always read your user name as Dark Sabre, not Dork Sabre. I was so confused as to who Dork was. :wallbash:

and sports is certainly not adult entertainment, that's those videos with the things and the stuff with the people

Edited by Numark

Had more respect for you J before this thread. Actually had more respect for a few of you before this thread. Maybe this is why 26CB had enough of this place.

Not sure what I did specifically to lose it. If calling you out because you told me that my opinion is BS and telling us how stupid we look is disrespectful, then so be it. I thought this was a pretty good discussion with nobody taking it personally. My feelings don't get hurt when somebody tries to belittle me or call me names, just be prepared to get called on it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.