Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

And, by the way, where is Pegula through all of this ?

He's behind the curtain, like the Wizard of Oz.

"If you want to watch the Sidney Crosbys... you have to GET the Sydney Crosbys"

-Terry Pegula

I hate to say it but this is not looking good.  Zona will likely lose 3.  Ottawa probably loses the next two and Penguins will be up by 3 by the time we get to Saturday and they will have played the night before and they will take off the game against us.  I think it all comes down to Columbus....please Columbus kick our rears.  I don't even know if Columbus really needs any points against us.  It wouldn't be Buffalo if hopes didn't get dashed at the very last second or by a matter of inches.  I know I am a pessimist but I think there is a 50-50 shot this plays out.

I hate to say it but this is not looking good. Zona will likely lose 3. Ottawa probably loses the next two and Penguins will be up by 3 by the time we get to Saturday and they will have played the night before and they will take off the game against us. I think it all comes down to Columbus....please Columbus kick our rears. I don't even know if Columbus really needs any points against us. It wouldn't be Buffalo if hopes didn't get dashed at the very last second or by a matter of inches. I know I am a pessimist but I think there is a 50-50 shot this plays out.

Columbus has been the best team in hockey over their last ten games. Just had the president's trophy winner beat for what would've been their tenth consecutive win if it weren't for a last-minute goal by Stepan to tie it and then the same in OT to win it for the Rags.

Aside from that: Pittsburgh will be playing for something Saturday regardless. No matter what happens they will be playing for seeding. There's a good chance they'll still be in position where a loss forces them to play the NHL's top team in New York. It'll be important. They're not going to mail it in anymore than they have been.

I hate to say it but this is not looking good.  Zona will likely lose 3.  Ottawa probably loses the next two and Penguins will be up by 3 by the time we get to Saturday and they will have played the night before and they will take off the game against us.  I think it all comes down to Columbus....please Columbus kick our rears.  I don't even know if Columbus really needs any points against us.  It wouldn't be Buffalo if hopes didn't get dashed at the very last second or by a matter of inches.  I know I am a pessimist but I think there is a 50-50 shot this plays out.

Pittsburgh has two things to be concerned about. One, making the playoffs. Ottawa has been playing well as of late. Sure, they're two points back, but games have to be played. Anything can happen. Two, if the Penguins enter Buffalo w/ a playoff spot locked up, they will be playing for playoff position. Pittsburgh and Boston are tied at 95. The team that finishes eighth will have to play the Rangers in the first round. Second seed is Montreal. I'm sure the Penguins will do what it takes to play the Canadians. Pittsburgh will go for the win against Buffalo. 

Edited by GoPre

Current lottery standings through games played 4/5 (using actual NHL standings)

Team         GP   PTS   ROW   PLP   CL%
Buffalo      80    54    15   1-2   20.0
Arizona      80    56    19   1-2   13.5
Edmonton     CLINCHED   3RD PLACE   11.5
Toronto      80    67    25   4-5    9.5
Carolina     80    69    24   4-5    8.5

New Jersey   CLINCHED   6TH  PLACE   7.5

Columbus     79    83    31   7-12   6.5

Philadelphia 80    84    30   7-11   6.0

Colorado     80    86    28   7-12   5.0

Florida      80    87    28   7-12   3.5

San Jose     80    87    35   7-12   3.0

Dallas       80    88    35   7-12   2.5

Los Angeles  80    93    37   13-OUT 2.0

Ottawa       80    95    35   13-OUT 1.0

Winnipeg     80    96    34   13-OUT N/A

Calgary      80    95    40   13-OUT N/A

Boston       79    95    37   13-OUT N/A

Detroit      80    97    38   13-OUT N/A

Pittsburgh   80    96    38   13-OUT N/A

NY Islanders 80    98    39   13-OUT N/A

PLP - Possible lottery positions (the numbers represent the lottery positions they could possibly finish)

CL& - Current lottery percentage

Bolded teams have clinched that position in the lottery.

Minnesota and Vancouver were eliminated tonight. Jersey and Edmonton clinched their positions in the lottery. Nobody can be eliminated or clinch their spot in the lottery tomorrow.

Edited by Tank

The pessimism born of a largely horrible or heartbreaking Buffalo sports past.

We must learn to trust that this is a new era.--Although I must admit I am not sufficiently

confident at this point. Guess Ive been around too long.

And its too bad Terry cant just have a sit down with the coach. That would come back and bite him some day.cant be done. Everyone has to sit there and smile while this plays out.

I think we already know how this story plays out.

Sabres "win" vs. Columbus.  

I am not glad that you have worked yourselves into such contortions boys,

But, relax, and give yourselves some credit.

This whole time, you have hardly recognized how smart, logical, and practical this whole losing is winning thing is.

Why don't you take this opportunity to pat selves on back?

I have not heard a thing about smart hockey fans in ages, you are so worried, and meanwhile it is left to girls to post meat and potatoes prospect talk.  Feel better, guys.

Sabres "win" vs. Columbus.

I am not glad that you have worked yourselves into such contortions boys,

But, relax, and give yourselves some credit.

This whole time, you have hardly recognized how smart, logical, and practical this whole losing is winning thing is.

Why don't you take this opportunity to pat selves on back?

I have not heard a thing about smart hockey fans in ages, you are so worried, and meanwhile it is left to girls to post meat and potatoes prospect talk. Feel better, guys.

I left it up to interpretation. Thanks for your contribution Yuri.

Current standings through games played 4/7.

Team         GP  L  W OT  PT MPP PR RPTC M# CPM

Buffalo      80 49 23  8 106 110  4   3   2 19.5

Arizona      80 48 24  8 104 108  4   5   7 14.0

Edmonton     80 43 24 13  99 103  4  --     11.6

Toronto      80 43 30  7  93  97  4  --      9.3

Carolina     80 40 29 11  91  95  4  --      8.7

New Jersey   80 35 32 13  83  87  4  --      7.5

CPM per sportsclubstats.com and lottery weighting - last updated 4/8 in AM

Desert Dogs thought about dropping a point or 2 after playing an illustrious 1st, but in the end took 2 in regulation. Nucks have clinched an NHL playoff birth, so Thursday could bd the big day that champale pops.

As Joisey clinched (clenched?) 6th popped them into the BJ's slot as the least septic of the septic six. Eulers locked up Marner/Strome by dropping points last night. Loafs visit the formerly septic BJ's; apparently penicillin does work for some infections.

Even I'm pretty relaxed. That probably says something.

We're doomed? :unsure:

;)

Edited by Taro T

Vancouver clinched a playoff spot last night and aren't catching Anaheim.  I believe that means that they will play Calgary either way, so they are only playing for home ice. 

Anaheim has their division locked up, can't catch the Rangers for the PT and might lock up second in the league tonight against Dallas.

Columbus is playing lights out and Friday will be the home finale (fan appreciation night.)

Pittsburgh will likely still have a lot to play for Saturday.

I'll never feel confident until it's done, but after watching the 'Yotes last night and seeing how the above scenarios have worked out, I'm feeling a little better. 

Still want this done before Saturday for both the fans and the players.  I really hope that if tomorrow night doesn't work out, Ted either reconsiders starting Lindback Friday on his own or with a little push from above.

Vancouver clinched a playoff spot last night and aren't catching Anaheim.  I believe that means that they will play Calgary either way, so they are only playing for home ice. 

Anaheim has their division locked up, can't catch the Rangers for the PT and might lock up second in the league tonight against Dallas.

Columbus is playing lights out and Friday will be the home finale (fan appreciation night.)

Pittsburgh will likely still have a lot to play for Saturday.

I'll never feel confident until it's done, but after watching the 'Yotes last night and seeing how the above scenarios have worked out, I'm feeling a little better. 

Still want this done before Saturday for both the fans and the players.  I really hope that if tomorrow night doesn't work out, Ted either reconsiders starting Lindback Friday on his own or with a little push from above.

Bingo. Columbus has been red hot, their arena will be packed and they'll play hard for the fans. Plus, their season record can be deceiving. Columbus had a bad case of the injury bug this year and it ruined their chances of being a playoff team. Many felt the Blue Jackets roster was good enough to get in before the season started. The Bluejackets are far better than the Sabres, and I just don't see Lindback playing as well has he did against Carolina. Wish Makarov would get the start....

Current standings through games played 4/7.

Team         GP  L  W OT  PT MPP PR RPTC M# CPM

Buffalo      80 49 23  8 106 110  4   3   2 19.5

Arizona      80 48 24  8 104 108  4   5   7 14.0

Edmonton     80 43 24 13  99 103  4  --     11.6

Toronto      80 43 30  7  93  97  4  --      9.3

Carolina     80 40 29 11  91  95  4  --      8.7

New Jersey   80 35 32 13  83  87  4  --      7.5

I don't know if I've ever seen something so beautiful as those 80s in the games played column. It's so close now. We can finally get back to caring about hockey again.