Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

From Elias: After getting shutout, 4-0, by Toronto on Tuesday night, Buffalo has scored just 10 goals in its 10 games this season (excluding the `goal' awarded for its shootout victory), the fewest goals ever scored by a team through its first 10 games of a season in modern NHL history (since 1943-44).

And the best part is that they're actually trending downward: 3 goals scored over the last 6 games, going 4 for 6 in shutouts.

At what point does TM fire Nolan? Or does he get a pay raise?

Not the losses, but the way they are being outplayed and the ridiculous lack of scoring is what bother me most. I would fire TN today, promote Cunneyworth as interim, and find a new coach in the offseason.

$$$$$$

He'll go to the highest bidder. Detroit is slowly approaching the cliff, so I wouldn't blame him for ###### himself out to the coaching world.

Detroit is just getting going again. They've got a ton of young talent there. He has no reason to leave.

If Babcock leaves Detroit then he's an idiot. He's got it made there.

That, or he realizes nobody will be able to compete in 2 years against the McDavid, Reinhart, Grigorenko, Girgensons, Hannifan, Myers led machine playing along the shore of the Erie Basin Marena; so he might as well join 'em. ;)

The Q was serious, as I hadn't seen anything indicating that he wouldn't get a deal done but several posters (including some respected ones) have indicated he might be available. Was curious if there was any smoke or just wishful thinking in a long dreary season.

That, or he realizes nobody will be able to compete in 2 years against the McDavid, Reinhart, Grigorenko, Girgensons, Hannifan, Myers led machine playing along the shore of the Erie Basin Marena; so he might as well join 'em. ;)

The Q was serious, as I hadn't seen anything indicating that he wouldn't get a deal done but several posters (including some respected ones) have indicated he might be available. Was curious if there was any smoke or just wishful thinking in a long dreary season.

The blogosphere seems to share this opinion. I've heard Josie mention it a few times.

I think it's all crazy talk though. Babs would be stupid to leave Detroit.

What if he wants to win now?

He sure as sh*t ain't coming here then. :blush:

It would take a lot for him to leave Detroit. He's pretty well trenched in the city. Detroit didn't offer him the right amount (enough) money for him to re-sign in the offseason though. Ya never know? Right? RIGHT?

If only the Sabres had one of those owners willing to open the purse strings. ;)

Maybe they could give him a pony on top of a truckload of moolah. Who can say no to a pony? :lol:

If only the Sabres had one of those owners willing to open the purse strings. ;)

Maybe they could give him a pony on top of a truckload of moolah. Who can say no to a pony? :lol:

Who leaves a city packed with ponies to come to a non-pony city?

Current standings through games played 10/29.

Team ----- GP - L - W - OT - PTS

Buffalo 10 8 2 0 16

Carolina 8 6 0 2 14

Edmonton 10 5 4 1 11

Winnipeg 9 5 4 0 10

Calgary 11 4 5 2 10

Arizona 8 4 3 1 9

Florida 7 2 2 3 7

NY I 9 3 6 0 6

5 teams in action tonight. 1 h-t-h: rematch of Saturday's 2-1 barnburner between the Swamp Cats and Desert Dogs; w/ this one to be played in front of a sitting room only crowd of at least 2,000 people in Sunrise.

Current standings through games played 10/29.

Team ----- GP - L - W - OT - PTS

Buffalo 10 8 2 0 16

Carolina 8 6 0 2 14

Edmonton 10 5 4 1 11

Winnipeg 9 5 4 0 10

Calgary 11 4 5 2 10

Arizona 8 4 3 1 9

Florida 7 2 2 3 7

NY I 9 3 6 0 6

5 teams in action tonight. 1 h-t-h: rematch of Saturday's 2-1 barnburner between the Swamp Cats and Desert Dogs; w/ this one to be played in front of a sitting room only crowd of at least 2,000 people in Sunrise.

More noise at my aunt's pinochle game. (she's 78).

Edited by X. Benedict

More noise at my aunt's pinochle game. (she's 78).

Absolutely. 4 near octogenarians, a couple of bottles of muscatel, hearing aid batteries not quite up to snuff, and scoring can get rather boisterous. It's been years since Sunrise has been "boisterous."

Skinner has been back, Eric Staal has played one game. Looking at their analytics they are bound to have more losses.

And St. Louis Blues Forwards David Backes and TJ Oshie have both been diagnosed with concussions, possibly placing them in competition for the CHL Championship.

Edited by BRAWNDO