Trade speculation 2014-15

Hoss

God knows the Oilers need more than this, but it's not that bad. Anisimov gives them a decent centre with size and they have their share of skilled wingers.

Cbus can give him up with Dubinsky coming back soon and they could use more offence.

Edited by dudacek

Ever seen a monkey throw poo? It's like that. Hilarious to watch but in reality just spreading s### around.

This comparison is terrible but what you're getting at isn't -- they're two players on equal talent levels that won't change much for two terrible teams. But they're definitely both good players.

Sometimes teams will get a bit more motivation after a trade (as long as it's not a sell off). So maybe the teams play a bit better in the short term atleast.

Agreed. Definitely worth doing SOMETHING at this point.

For the record, this trade doesn't seem as far along as reported. Columbus really wants to keep Artem around. Could also be them trying to convinced EDM to do a one-for-one instead of asking for more.

God knows the Oilers need more than this, but it's not that bad. Anisimov gives them a decent centre with size and they have their share of skilled wingers.

Cbus can give him up with Dubinsky coming back soon and they could use more offence.

I agree with this. Edmonton is very thin down the middle, and this lets them ease Draisaitl's minutes some. It's not a talent upgrade, but it is a better fit.

I agree with this. Edmonton is very thin down the middle, and this lets them ease Draisaitl's minutes some. It's not a talent upgrade, but it is a better fit.

Anisimov gives EDM a slight upgrade as he is a better two way center, then most on their roster.

LeBrun: Source confirms #Oilers have talked to #CBJ about a potential deal. League sources also say MacT working phone on possible trades.

So I'm trying to find young trade targets and I saw this name thrown around on other websites and it makes to much sense.

Brett Connonlly (RW) of the lightning. He is out of waiver options there so he has to be on the nhl roster and they just don't have room from him. He was the 6th overall pick in the 2010 draft and is only 22 years old. He is at that tweener stage where he is too good for the ahl (60 point seasons in 2012 and 2013) but needs ice time in the nhl.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=23297

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.