Trade speculation 2014-15

Hoss

From McKenzie:

“Anaheim has wanted defense and I think will continue to want defense. I think they’d like to make some big moves between now and the deadline to bolster their deadline. Because I think they’re starting to sense, ‘Hey, you know what? This might be as good as we get right here in the next year or two. Let’s take advantage of it.’ So I think Bob Murray is probably going to go for it. And so I could see him trying to make some big moves, but some of this is just predicated on an incredible rash of injuries on the blueline.”

I mentioned this in an earlier thread, as for a trade with the Oilers, I would think bigger. I would put Myers, Enroth/Neuvirth and Ennis out there for EDM and see what the return would be.

I don't think we should be packaging Myers. If we're dealing him I'd prefer it to be him for multiple strong pieces. Otherwise keep him (my thinking on him AND Ennis have changed).

@RealKyper: Some strong speculation tonite #Oilers #Bruins revisiting trade talk... told both teams desperate to change things up. Eberle perhaps?

Boston might be us to the punch. What does Boston give? Edmonton needs help on the back end and Boston is might thin there. Maybe Boston moves Erikson and Krug for him and then pushes for another deal to acquire D?

I don't think we should be packaging Myers. If we're dealing him I'd prefer it to be him for multiple strong pieces. Otherwise keep him (my thinking on him AND Ennis have changed).

The return coming back would have to be huge, a player, and their 1st this year.

@RealKyper: Some strong speculation tonite #Oilers #Bruins revisiting trade talk... told both teams desperate to change things up. Eberle perhaps?

Boston might be us to the punch. What does Boston give? Edmonton needs help on the back end and Boston is might thin there. Maybe Boston moves Erikson and Krug for him and then pushes for another deal to acquire D?

With Chiarelli being in at the FNC a few nights ago, you have to wonder if a three team deal could be in the works?

With Chiarelli being in at the FNC a few nights ago, you have to wonder if a three team deal could be in the works?

I wish. A rarely used tactic. But I'm not quite sure what we would be doing in the deal. We could provide Boston with some d, but who gives us what?

Brawndo wins the night...

@RealKyper: Also wouldn't surprise me to hear of a 3rd team involved in any major #Bruins trade. Gives more flexibility with player(s) and salary cap.

@TheFourthPeriod: A LOT of chatter surrounding Edmonton tonight. Trade speculation going nuts, as well as questions over Eakins' future.

@TheFourthPeriod: Can confirm that Oilers GM Craig MacTavish will address media tomorrow. Told not a formal presser, but he will speak.

Edited by Tank

haha, it's just weird timing and it makes no sense. But that organization is so poorly ran it doesn't need to make sense. I am a fan of hockey, not just the sabres, and I feel bad for that team.

Yeah, except they are going to turn years of ineptitude into either McDavid or Eichel

Their D Prospects such as Nurse will be NHL ready soon and they will trade a forward for a top four D Man.

Trade a 2015/16 2nd for a up and coming goalie and they are a contender in two years.

I was joking more than anything. But on paper the oilers should be better than they are, so I'll believe it when I see it :P

Bob McKenzie reported that Arizona GM walked into the locker room last Saturday night and told the team that they are prepared to make some trades. Told the team that everybody with a limited no-trade clause will have their agents contacted the following to get a list of teams. They're diving into the tank.

Edited by Tank

I was joking more than anything. But on paper the oilers should be better than they are, so I'll believe it when I see it :P

I know, just four first overall picks in six years will be really disgusting in terms of talent for them. Eventually they will put it all together.

Bob McKenzie reported that Arizona GM walked into the locker room last Saturday night and told the team that they are prepared to make some trades. Told the team that everybody with a limited no-trade clause will have their agents contacted the following to get a list of teams. They're diving into the tank.

Your move Tim

Edited by BRAWNDO

Well Phoenix has Darcy Regier now, so his stink is all over that franchise.

Who the hell calls a 9am press conference--meaning you're up at no later than 6 to dress and look great and rehearse--just to reassure people? Or, frankly, for whatever other reason?

It's the owner firing their entire front office. That's what they need to do. They need a complete long overdue fundamental shift in their front office. MacTavish makes Feaster look closer to Holland/Murray. Terrible.

Interesting...

@Real_ESPNLeBrun: Peter Chiarelli took in Blues game at Chi on Wed. Don Sweeney was at Blues game at Nash on Thurs. Told B's looking at a Blues forward...

@Real_ESPNLeBrun: Don't sense anything is imminent at this point... but search for a top-six F continues for Bos, also still interested in Buff's C Stewart..

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.