Trade speculation 2014-15

Hoss

My guess?

Neuvirth draws a conditional third that becomes a second under some circumstances.

Mitchell draws a fourth.

Stewart draws a second and a mid-level prospect (think a small step above Schaller)

One of Meszaros/Benoit are dealt for next to nothing

Other prediction: there will be no surprises from a Sabres standpoint.

Meszaros for a 5th wishfull thinking he'll be stuck with us.
stewart for a 2nd
or stewart and our 2nd for a 1st
Neuvirth for a 4th
mitchell for a prospect or a 4th.

This is what I expect to get out of these guys, don't think they'll be all gone though.

Edited by Heimdall

What could the Rangers have to offer us? I heard they are interested in Mitchell for some center depth.

and what's he worth?

If he is going to keep pulling the crap he did last night I would trade him for a Ron Duguay jersey just to get him out of here. Edited by sicknfla

I am thinking it was Chicago.

That's too much term and salary for them to take on. Hossa or Brickell would have to be coming back. Just don't see it.

What could the Rangers have to offer us? I heard they are interested in Mitchell for some center depth.

and what's he worth?

3rd or 4th

I would keep Stewart, he can be a huge asset next year. The Rochester line looked really good, imagine if we lost Hodgson, Ellis, Mezz and Benoit and put in our younger guys and McEichel, we would be a different team. Bogo has made a huge difference and having a defense that will hit you changes the mindset of the other players. When Bogo is on the ice everyones heads are turning and mistakes are happening from the other teams forwards. Stop the bleeding and not dump every player was can unless they do not sign here. But until the tank is complete we need a team full of Hodson and Ellis only in every position including goalie and coach!

I would keep Stewart, he can be a huge asset next year. The Rochester line looked really good, imagine if we lost Hodgson, Ellis, Mezz and Benoit and put in our younger guys and McEichel, we would be a different team. Bogo has made a huge difference and having a defense that will hit you changes the mindset of the other players. When Bogo is on the ice everyones heads are turning and mistakes are happening from the other teams forwards. Stop the bleeding and not dump every player was can unless they do not sign here. But until the tank is complete we need a team full of Hodson and Ellis only in every position including goalie and coach!

He can be reaquired in the offseason.  

TheFourthPeriod: Told by 2 diff league sources CAR been looking to trade Semin for some time & are willing to retain a "significant portion" of his salary.

For what it's worth... Garrioch says the Bruins, Flames, Blues and Hawks have all been very active on the phones. I could see all of them but the Blues being in on Stewart.

LeBrun: As @DarrenDreger reports, Bruins trying on Vermette; can also say B's still trying on Chris Stewart as well... among others

Edited by Tank

The Blues calling on Stewart would count as a surprise call to Murray.

I think we will do a deal to take on salary.

Neuvirth is going nowhere.

I never thought about the Blues calling on Stewart but that's exactly what Murray could have been alluding too.

I agree with taking on salary

God I hope your wrong about Neuvirth

Murray's comments to WGR about the surprise call...

Murray has also had discussions about players that have taken him by surprise, but remains open to all options.

"I had a call like that today that I never thought I would get on a guy," Murray said. "He actually said, 'Can you believe I'm calling you on this guy?' And I said, 'No, I can't. But let's talk."

"You're supposed to have an idea of who you may be dealing with because of previous conversations, but you never know. Some team could come out of the blue, whether that's because of an injury or your guy happens to be playing very well and their opinion changed on them. There's multiple reasons why you might get a call from somebody that you hadn't previously thought was a fit for a guy."

That's not about Stewart.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.