Trade speculation 2014-15

Hoss

Wow. Last year, the Bruins traded a 3rd that would have upgraded to a 2nd had they made the final four...for Meszaros.

He wasn't very good last year either.

Maybe the desperation to add defensive depth for a playoff run means we actually can dish off Benny and the Mess.

Edited by Djuda Chekhov

Good thing nobody said they have faith in MacTavish. :P

That's true, but there was a comment in having faith in Murray over MacTavish.  My thought is, water is wet.   MacTavish had a decent run with Edmonton to a cup appearance.  Aside from that, since being hired, he's done nothing but furthermore ruin the franchise along with Howe and Tambelini before him. 

Edited by TheCerebral1

That's true, but there was a comment in having faith in Murray over MacTavish. My thought is, water is wet. MacTavish had a decent run with Edmonton to a cup appearance. Aside from that, since being hired, he's done nothing but furthermore ruin the franchise along with Howe and Tambelini before him.

Ownership is the only thing keeping MacTavish in town.

Bob McKenzie is on Reddit doing an AMA... I'll note a few things he says:

-Sens getting action on Weircioch, Gryba and Phillips.

-Doesn't seem to have an issue with tanking. Also said "tanking, rebuilding, where do you draw the line?"

-Says McDavid is the generational talent in this draft. Eichel is "exceptional."

-Expected Kimmo Timonen to be traded.

Sabres related: Says the goalie market is cold this year. Only mentioned Niemi as a player that's being shopped heavily. Ugh.

Nothing too good. Mostly answered personal questions.

TheFourthPeriod: Told by 2 diff league sources CAR been looking to trade Semin for some time & are willing to retain a "significant portion" of his salary.

That signing had "train wreck" written all over it from day one.

Neuvirth is going nowhere.

Trading Neuvirth is an interesting question.  If they don't give him an extension at the deadline, it would seem logical that they should trade him and get whatever they can get for him, and if they like him, they can re-sign him this summer.

OTOH, it's quite possible that there is little-to-no demand for him, and that TM likes him and thinks he is more likely to sign him to an extension if he is not traded.  Also, TM said the other day that he does not expect to trade all of his UFAs.  I interpreted that to mean that he was going to keep Neuvirth and get him a lot of games through the end of the year so TM could give him a thorough evaluation for next year.

Patrick Sharp causing trouble in Chicago, could he be moved?

Offseason move, without Kane they cannot afford to lose any forwards, regardless of who he is taking home at night

I have previously said NFW on that, but with Sharp's poor performance this year, plus big contract and rumors alluding to him screwing a teammate's wife/GF, it now seems possible.

Could it be on Ennis.  I be that's a name that could get some play.  It's more likely a younger controlled asset that actually has some value...unless someone really wants CoHo.  

Murray's not one to use much hyperbole, so I'm thinking the proposal really was noteworthy in its unexpectedness.

Cody Hodgson to Vancouver...?

Anders Lindback to anywhere?

Hodgson is the guy that came to mind for me, too.  NB that Vancouver has changed GMs since Hodgy was traded here.

Bob McKenzie is on Reddit doing an AMA... I'll note a few things he says:

-Sens getting action on Weircioch, Gryba and Phillips.

-Doesn't seem to have an issue with tanking. Also said "tanking, rebuilding, where do you draw the line?"

-Says McDavid is the generational talent in this draft. Eichel is "exceptional."

-Expected Kimmo Timonen to be traded.

Sabres related: Says the goalie market is cold this year. Only mentioned Niemi as a player that's being shopped heavily. Ugh.

Nothing too good. Mostly answered personal questions.

Thanks for posting stuff like this (honestly)... I don't do Reddit / Twitter / etc. so I'd never see it otherwise.

That signing had "train wreck" written all over it from day one.

Trading Neuvirth is an interesting question. If they don't give him an extension at the deadline, it would seem logical that they should trade him and get whatever they can get for him, and if they like him, they can re-sign him this summer.

OTOH, it's quite possible that there is little-to-no demand for him, and that TM likes him and thinks he is more likely to sign him to an extension if he is not traded. Also, TM said the other day that he does not expect to trade all of his UFAs. I interpreted that to mean that he was going to keep Neuvirth and get him a lot of games through the end of the year so TM could give him a thorough evaluation for next year.

There will be no extension at/before the deadline. Murray already said talks will only take place after the deadline if they're still here.

what if the player is someone that doesn't play hockey!!! Kobe to buffalo E7

Ha.  I wouldn't rule out time travel either.

This just in: The 1986 Chicago Bears have traded William "The Fridge" Perry to the 2015 Buffalo Sabres in exchange for Buffalo's 2015 2nd round pick and the 2018 Seattle Coyotes' 1st round pick, previously acquired by the 2003 Buffalo Sabres for undoing the Daniel Briere trade.

Edited by Я знаю физика

Ha.  I wouldn't rule out time travel either.

This just in: The 1986 Chicago Bears have traded William "The Fridge" Perry to the 2015 Buffalo Sabres in exchange for Buffalo's 2015 2nd round pick and the 2018 Seattle Coyotes' 1st round pick, previously acquired by the 2003 Buffalo Sabres for undoing the Daniel Briere trade.

seems legit. Should probably move this to the TRade deadline confirmed thread. Definitely don't want to have this in the incorrect spot

So in light of Pysyk being sent down to Rochester, and with Murray saying that maybe not all of the UFAs get traded...does anyone think he wants to keep Benoit and Meszaros just to have a reason to keep Pysyk stashed in Rochester? With how openly he talked about late-season roster manipulation in the offseason, I can't help but wonder if he'd rather keep the inferior defensemen than get a few 5th round picks.

So in light of Pysyk being sent down to Rochester, and with Murray saying that maybe not all of the UFAs get traded...does anyone think he wants to keep Benoit and Meszaros just to have a reason to keep Pysyk stashed in Rochester? With how openly he talked about late-season roster manipulation in the offseason, I can't help but wonder if he'd rather keep the inferior defensemen than get a few 5th round picks.

It is possible, I honestly can't tell how much "evil genius" Tim Murray actually is.  

Oh ya.  I could see this happening.  No reason for Pysyk to be sent down other than 'roster manipulation.' 

He may have promised a spot in the lineup to showcase themselves for their next contract or the trade deadline.

They don't have to call Pysyk up if Benny and the Mess get traded.

I think the franchise needs to take a look at Jerome Leduc before they decide to qualify him.

Ruhwedel, Petrecki, Bagnall, a trade to re-acquire Gragnani, comebacks by Dean Kennedy and Jay Wells — the options are endless

I think the franchise needs to take a look at Jerome Leduc before they decide to qualify him.

Ruhwedel, Petrecki, Bagnall, a trade to re-acquire Gragnani, comebacks by Dean Kennedy and Jay Wells — the options are endless

:lol:

Very nice.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.