Trade speculation 2014-15

Hoss

Corey Crawford of the Blackhawks? He's their franchise goalie. And I wouldn't feel comfortable with Dubnyk or Halak in the playoffs.

You can't react to things only once they are an issue. You need some sort of plan. Proactive, not reactive. If we get McEichel next year plus free agents, we could very well make the playoffs. I'm not saying it's likely, but there is a possibility.  

TM has high opinion of talent that was selected in the first round. He obviously felt Neuv could develop into a quality tender if his mental game matured. Maybe TM bet on the right time in the kids development. 

I guess the broader question is: does the benefit of additional negotiating time with a guy who might be the goalie for this turnaround outweigh a possible tank killer?

No get the McEichel. We have 6 goalies in the system 3 of which could be that guy. Crawford is the Hawks starter. Not franchise. Their franchise is Toews, Kane and Keith. They won a cup with Ranta, also an average to above average goalie but not a HOFer. If we make the playoffs next year great. I doubt we will with the youth on the team, but worrying about the goaltending is cart before the horse in my opinion.

I would tell him he can be a part of the future, but that starts July 1. My other point, is that the goaltending can be addressed much more easily than finding top 6 scorers. If Nolan's use of Neuvirth threatens that I would rather see him go.

The Sabres are perfectly capable of winning the Shart with Neuvirth as our starter the rest of the way. I'm inclined to keep him unless the return is good.

I'm with you PhD. No way he stays this hot when team is getting outshot and outcorsied as bad as they were today. 

If he stays then, I wonder if priority for TM will be to sign him during final two months. Get a good price on him and have that position settled going into next year - at least in theory.

I would tell him he can be a part of the future, but that starts July 1. My other point, is that the goaltending can be addressed much more easily than finding top 6 scorers. If Nolan's use of Neuvirth threatens that I would rather see him go.

Agree 100% goalies are easier to find than top 6ers. Like PhD said though, just don't think Neuv is as big of a tank killer as he's been in last couple weeks. I think it's good he's taken the reigns. Now tank on and get best of both worlds. A gamble indeed, but one I think worth taking. 

I think it's funny really that Everybody Loves Neuvirth.

A few weeks ago the working assumption was that Enroth was the goalie of the short-term future. That, even if he was traded, GMTM would pursue him over the summer. Now we have Neuvirth playing at a similar level and he's Murray's new anointed goalie. I see it playing out like this: Neuvirth will be traded by the deadline for a 3rd or 4th round pick, or whatever GMTM can get. He doesn't want much; anything will do.

I think there is something to the Sabres defensive style that allows a lot of shots, but shots that are relatively easy to block. So whoever is playing goal will have a .920 to .950 save percentage. That doesn't mean the goalie is good, it means that he can see the shots and they're long and from crappy angles (or something like that).

As for who will be the Sabres goalie in October? GMTM will evaluate the free agent talent out there and bring in the best one he can. It could be Enroth. It could be Neuvirth. I wouldn't be surprised if he plays one off the other. It could be neither one.

I don't think the Goalie of the Future will be on the roster in October. If the Sabres look like they can contend for a playoff spot and goaltending looks weak, he'll upgrade as the season goes along.

We'll see.

TSN talking Leafs trades, comparing it to losing chess pieces....referred to Phaneuf as "a Queen".  Twice.  :doh: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not far off a Phaneuf clamp we discussed during a game is one used during OB-Gyn surgeries according to my OR nurse wife:)

They all look the same

:unsure: :ph34r:

I think Samuel L. Jackson agrees with you.

OK, Vermette was worth a low one and a prospect. I'm even more convinced Stewart is worth at least strong prospect.

Of course he is. He can net a high first with the right deal.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.