Trade speculation 2014-15

Hoss

I don't think the team would be any different with or without Stewart, he just seems to lack motivation here to be the player we want him to be. The idea of what Stewart should/could be is what makes people want to re-sign him.

The Concept of Stewart.

I don't buy into the meme that Stewart is unmotivated. Stafford was "unmotivated", too. Both have performed "better" under Nolan. Stafford, though, has pretty much had to re-invent himself to be considered "better", Stewart is playing the kind of game everyone expects him to.

I don't buy into the meme that Stewart is unmotivated. Stafford was "unmotivated", too. Both have performed "better" under Nolan. Stafford, though, has pretty much had to re-invent himself to be considered "better", Stewart is playing the kind of game everyone expects him to.

who expects stewart to be a 30 point player then ? both stewart and stafford in my mind should be 2nd - 3rd line RW who can put up around 50 points.

Stafford i can see him do that consistently, stewart not. If i had to choose to resign either, i'd go with stafford, but only for 2 more years seeing you got baptiste and bailey coming up.

edit: if we go for anyone it should be UFA justin williams.

Edited by Heimdall

who expects stewart to be a 30 point player then ? both stewart and stafford in my mind should be 2nd - 3rd line RW who can put up around 50 points.

Stafford i can see him do that consistently, stewart not. If i had to choose to resign either, i'd go with stafford, but only for 2 more years seeing you got baptiste and bailey coming up.

edit: if we go for anyone it should be UFA justin williams.

Before we anoint Baptiste and Bailey as anyones replacement lets see how they do in Rochester first.

Before we anoint Baptiste and Bailey as anyones replacement lets see how they do in Rochester first.

Yeah i know, and we can't expect much form 20 yr olds either.

I think tampa bay lightning is an excellent example. Johnson, kucherov , palat is an awesome line, only been in the NHL for two years.

but all 3 had time to develop, 23-24 yrs old. That still is 4 years older than most of our prospects and young guys we expect to be up here next year.

I don't think "better" is a "word" that should be placed in "quotes."

Yeah i know, and we can't expect much form 20 yr olds either.

I think tampa bay lightning is an excellent example. Johnson, kucherov , palat is an awesome line, only been in the NHL for two years.

but all 3 had time to develop, 23-24 yrs old. That still is 4 years older than most of our prospects and young guys we expect to be up here next year.

I picked up Kucherov in my fantasy league early in the year as an undrafted FA. He's been a great find.

Many here expected Stafford to step up his game in a contract year, just like he did last time. He's not fooling me again.

I don't know if Murray keeps either one of Stewart or Stafford. Both don't earn what they pay both of them and neither bring it every night.

Stewart makes exactly what a player of his ilk makes in 2015 NHL. I'll take him every day and twice on Sunday on my team @ $4 million. That's Mezaros money FFS.

I just hope Edmonton loses the draft lottery ###### that team. Problem with Edmonton is other than guys selected in the first round their picks don't pan out and then they wonder why they are at the last of the league for all these years. No matter who Edmonton gets ain't many players wanna stick there long term.

Your move Sabres

Very true

Your move Sabres

In an unprecedented move, the Sabres trade all 14 regulation wins to the Toronto Maple Leafs for 14 regulation losses. Sources in Toronto say fans are still uncertain that team will make the playoffs despite undefeated record following trade.

Edited for reality...

Edited by Touched by Boyes

Definite tank move for them and a good move for the Pens for this season.

Perron epitomized everything wrong with the Oilers. Lazy one-way player, a -17 this season was 3rd worst on the team, and only scored 5 goals. Replacing him with Derek Roy will be an improvement as Roy is a much more responsible 2-way player. Roy doesn't have the offensive flair that Perron had, but that's not what the Oilers need. Good maneuver by the Oil, don't see it as a tank move,

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.