Trade speculation 2014-15

Hoss

Not being able to sell at the deadline is not necessarily a bad thing if you're tanking. If we get nothing, or next to nothing, for the UFAs, who would be surprised?

Wut?

Just take what you can get. If it's second round picks, maybe use those to move up at the draft. Or to trade for a guy like Gorges.

Of course, that's what you're supposed to do with your assets. But with everyone vying for an early slot in the draft, the Sabres garbage might be up against a lot of better smelling garbage. I expect that.

I think at best they get crappy returns for the Sabres better players.

Of course, that's what you're supposed to do with your assets. But with everyone vying for an early slot in the draft, the Sabres garbage might be up against a lot of better smelling garbage. I expect that.

I think at best they get crappy returns for the Sabres better players.

It doesn't matter if all we are moving are pending UFA's. I want Murray to trade off every pending UFA he doesn't plan on extending before the deadline and would like it even better if he pulled a Moulson with a couple of guys he wants to keep and trades them off and brings them back in the summer. Even if all he can muster is a bunch of mid round picks they can either be used or spent trading up.

I think he might get 1st rounders for both Stewart and Stafford but it is probably more likely they will be in 2016. I can see teams offereing 2nds this year because of the quality of the draft.

Teams going on cup runs don't give a damn about this years draft, they want lord Stanley.

Teams going on cup runs don't give a damn about this years draft, they want lord Stanley.

Can't see either of them being that big of difference maker. If either of those two are going to be plugged into the top 6 then that team is probably not winning the Cup.

I just think that with this years draft teams are going to be less apt to come off a 1. Maybe if we added a later pick to the mix. Like a 3rd or 4th.

Edited by sicknfla

Agreed there isn't much left that would be able to be traded. I'd start with the two UFA goalies. Trade Enroth for sure, maybe Neuvirth as well but it also might be good to keep him around because his upside is better. Then move on to Ennis, although might be useful as a 2nd or 3rd liner in the future, trading Ennis neuters the top line and he'll never be worth more than he is now. Next is Myers maybe worth more in a trade than on the roster. If that is what it takes to complete the tank, I don't have a problem trading any of them. The only off-limit players are the youngsters, unless of course someone is willing to extremely overpay.

Murray and the front office has to decide at least in the interim who to go with from Neuvirth or Enroth, that I agree with. If you're trading Ennis/Myers then you have to encompass the right return. I would think that it's more likely the expiring contracts of Stafford or Stewart. However, Stewart's play has basically plummeted his value and he is likely not retained. He'll walk easily. Stafford, as I have mentioned in previous posts is pointless on this roster. I don't view him as needed for leadership with Moulson, Gionta, Gorges and eventually Ennis on the present roster. Depending on what a team feels they can use him in, I would ship him in a heartbeat. Cya, buh bye.

Can't see either of them being that big of difference maker. If either of those two are going to be plugged into the top 6 then that team is probably not winning the Cup.

I just think that with this years draft teams are going to be less apt to come off a 1. Maybe if we added a later pick to the mix. Like a 3rd or 4th.

I agree with what your saying about them being worth a first but that isn't because this draft class, it's because of them maybe not helping. A first in 2016 gets devalued by one round because you have to wait, it's all really complicated.

I agree with what your saying about them being worth a first but that isn't because this draft class, it's because of them maybe not helping. A first in 2016 gets devalued by one round because you have to wait, it's all really complicated.

With us already having 3 this year I would be ok with devaluing it for 2016 if it meant a 1st next year vs a 2nd this year. If no other reason than it gives the Sabres a little extra time with some of these current prospects to see if they can make it or not. At some point the 50 man roster will be a concrn with all these picks/prospects we have in the system.

With no NHL goalie under contract next year, and no emerging prospect in the minors, I am really curious to see where Murray goes in the net.

Along with Neuvirth and Enroth, UFA goalies this summer include: Niemi, Fasth, Rammo, Harding and Lindback.

Bobrovsky, Holtby and Bernier are the established RFAs.

Jakob Markstrom, Jack Campbell, Jake Allen, Cal Pickard, Philip Grubauer and Thomas McCollum are the prospect RFAs.

I'm a fan of Allen, but really Enroth is probably the best goalie in a mediocre bunch.

With no NHL goalie under contract next year, and no emerging prospect in the minors, I am really curious to see where Murray goes in the net.

Along with Neuvirth and Enroth, UFA goalies this summer include: Niemi, Fasth, Rammo, Harding and Lindback.

Bobrovsky, Holtby and Bernier are the established RFAs.

Jakob Markstrom, Jack Campbell, Jake Allen, Cal Pickard, Philip Grubauer and Thomas McCollum are the prospect RFAs.

I'm a fan of Allen, but really Enroth is probably the best goalie in a mediocre bunch.

I'm all for keeping Enroth until our other goalies are ready to make the jump. Have one goalie battle it out to make the big club. As far as our other UFA's I'm guessing he keeps one of them and I'm talking Stewart or Stafford. Mez has to go. Just get whatever for him. It should be interesting to see what happens in the next few months. I'm hoping now that Jordan Staal is back that they make alittle climb. I still would like to finish in the bottom two especially since I doubt Edmonton is going to overtake us in points.

I think he might get 1st rounders for both Stewart and Stafford but it is probably more likely they will be in 2016. I can see teams offereing 2nds this year because of the quality of the draft.

I've decided I want the Sabres to keep (re-sign) Stewart and trade Stafford. Made that decision just today. :)

@DaveDavisHockey: Per @FriedgeHNIC just now, the Sabres & Wild are denying reports that they've discussed a deal that would send Jhonas Enroth to Minnesota.

I haven't seen a single word of it... Interesting, though.

At this point i don't want to see enroth leave, he is our most capable goalie we got, unless Timmeh throws the checkbook at Niemi during teh summer.

Here's the Enroth stuff... REALLY short mention of it:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/sabres-wild-deny-enroth-trade-rumblings/

At this point can't we just trade the entire 2010 Sabres to Minnesota? Call up Luke Adam too, and ship them Stafford while we're at it.

Adam is in Columbus. You probably already know that.

Course I did, just keeping you on your toes Tank. I forgot about him as our prospect after he fell under others like Reinhardt's shadow (idk how to do mobile emoticons but picture one here)

Not to pick nits here but Luke Adam hasn't had prospect status for at least 2 1/2 seasons.

I think Calvin Pickard is a heck of a goalie. Not to the talent level per say of Jake Allen or even Bernier, but I wouldn't mind trying to acquire him.

I don't care who is between the pipes until they are a contender. They have enough in the system where one should shake out as a decent net minder.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.