Mobile emoticons: (type without ')

:)

:(

:lol:

:angry:

:wallbash:

:beer:

:devil:

:vomit: (it may be Puke or vomit, I can't remember)

Barf, puke, and vomit don't seem to work.

Edited by sizzlemeister

More Myers to Wings Talk

Their speculation is Myers for Tatar/Kindl/and a 2nd. (Not enough)

Joe Yerdon from NHL.com says Detroit must be driving the interest on Myers, as he has heard nothing from Buffalo's End.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2015/01/04/tomas-tatar-detroit-red-wings/21253723/

I doubt we'd even keep talking to them if the offer is that bad. Chalk that up to optimistic speculation from the Wings reporters, I think.

I doubt we'd even keep talking to them if the offer is that bad. Chalk that up to optimistic speculation from the Wings reporters, I think.

Tatar is a top 6 winger. Has 16 goals and 29 pts. Do we have any of those currently on our roster? Myers is a top 4 dman with a history of ridiculous inconsistancy. I don't think that particular trade is that far off base.

I hate the name Tatar. Don't know why but it's like nails on a chalk board to me.

Reminds me of tartar sauce which I hate.

Myers is a top-two defenceman on three-quarters of the teams in the league.

Do we have any of those on our roster

Tatars aren't nearly so hard to come by.

I don't think 22 GM's would agree with you.

Edited by sicknfla

I don't necessarily want a smallish winger (Tatar) for Myers, even if he can really score. If there was some other guys in the mix, then maybe.

The Ryan O'Reilly rumor is still kicking around. That sounds much more appealing to me. We have the cap space to give O'Reilly the kind of deal he is looking for. And, he is a center which is our biggest position of need, of course.

I don't necessarily want a smallish winger (Tatar) for Myers, even if he can really score. If there was some other guys in the mix, then maybe.

The Ryan O'Reilly rumor is still kicking around. That sounds much more appealing to me. We have the cap space to give O'Reilly the kind of deal he is looking for. And, he is a center which is our biggest position of need, of course.

Would love to get ROR this summer to speed up the rebuild after the Tank is complete.

I don't think 22 GM's would agree with you.

This debate always comes down to what you think of Myers and there seems to be absolutely no consensus.

I believe that the "inconsistency" was growing pains and that is mostly behind him; the Myers of the past year or so is the Myers we will see most of the time for the next six years, probably with some offensive growth as his teammates improve. I don't think he is a legit number one guy - he's not savvy enough - but I do think that there are very few defencemen who check as many boxes as Myers, in terms of skill set and when and how he can be used.

Given the way he's playing recently, he's not getting first-pairing minutes in Chicago, Nashville, NYR, and St. Louis

But he should in Buffalo, Carolina, Colorado, Columbus, Dallas, Detroit, Edmonton, Minnesota, New Jersey, NYI, Ottawa, Philadelphia, Tampa, Toronto, Vancouver, Washington and Winnipeg.

We can argue about the other teams.

If you think he can't sustain it, great, trade him while his value is high.

I'll take a 24-minute defenceman over a 16-minute winger every time.

Edited by dudacek

This debate always comes down to what you think of Myers and there seems to be absolutely no consensus.

I believe that the "inconsistency" was growing pains and that is mostly behind him; the Myers of the past year or so is the Myers we will see most of the time for the next six years, probably with some offensive growth as his teammates improve. I don't think he is a legit number one guy - he's not savvy enough - but I do think that there are very few defencemen who check as many boxes as Myers, in terms of skill set and when and how he can be used.

Given the way he's playing recently, he's not getting first-pairing minutes in Chicago, Nashville, NYR, and St. Louis

But he should in Buffalo, Carolina, Colorado, Columbus, Dallas, Detroit, Edmonton, Minnesota, New Jersey, NYI, Ottawa, Philadelphia, Tampa, Toronto, Vancouver, Washington and Winnipeg.

I can't see how anyone doesn't thing that at worst, Myers is a number 3/4 guy with what will be a good value contract. As such, unless you can get a top line prospect, there is absolutely no reason to move him.

Trust me I hope your beliefs are right. Because if so Murray will find himself in a major bidding war. Not very often top pairing dmen become available. I don't think it will be the case but you never know.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.