Trade speculation 2014-15

Hoss

Ok I admit I haven't read this whole thread but I have been wondering about a possible trade scenario which I know is far fetched but I've convinced myself it "could" happen. The player I'm targeting is Stamkos, signed through next year for $5.5 mil, would have to sign an extension in Buf. Sabres send 2 2015 #1s,Isles #2 (keeping their own 1 and 2) and a package of prospects ie>Baptiste, Florentino or something like that, Sabres get a proven scorer still in his prime (younger than lafontaine) The Lightning are stacked at forward for the near future with several young star type players so maybe Stamkos is expendable? Far fetched I know but ya neva know?!?!

Stopped at Stamkos. Not going to happen. If we get the first or second pick then that's a starter, but I wouldn't trade Eichel or McDavid for Stamkos who would walk away in a year anyways...

And you don't get a superstar and keep all your top assets. When building trade packages for guys like him you have to throw every great asset you have or the conversation doesn't even happen. Which is why these conversations don't ever happen.

Edited by Tank

So that would be one of Fasching/Bailey/Baptiste? I might do it for Baptiste.

I still think it's ridiculous to keep RNH Hall and Yakupov. I'd stay away from Yak, but if Edmonton is going to be content with sitting there and tanking, I'll take my trades elsewhere. There a goldmine of trade pieces and all they want to do is sit on them

Young forward prospects like Reinhart or Zemgus, i think Tank means. Not Baptiste.

Young forward prospects like Reinhart or Zemgus, i think Tank means. Not Baptiste.

I'm not thinking Reinhart/Zemgus. Maybe Grigorenko/Armia. One of our goalies, Pysyk, Grigorenko/Armia and then probably a pick for good measure. If Torey Krug and Chris Kelly is in the ballpark of what it's going to take to get Eberle then that might be an overpayment to send them four assets.

I'm not thinking Reinhart/Zemgus. Maybe Grigorenko/Armia. One of our goalies, Pysyk, Grigorenko/Armia and then probably a pick for good measure. If Torey Krug and Chris Kelly is in the ballpark of what it's going to take to get Eberle then that might be an overpayment to send them four assets.

Would you give up Eberle for that package? Pysyk/Enroth/grigo or armia

I don't really think I would to be honest

Edmonton gets Enroth/Neuvirth, Pysk, and (someone insert another piece here) and we get back Hall/RNH/Eberle. Can it happen?

Other than Edmonton, who is in need of goalies? St.Louis again? They may not be too eager to do that again. Philly?

Edmonton isn't going to trade Hall, and probably not RNH either.

If the Sabres want Eberle, the price will include Risto or Nikita (or perhaps Myers). The best defenseman the Oilers get for Eberle isn't going to be a guy who can't beat out Strachan or Benoit for an NHL spot on one of the worst teams in the league.

Interesting. I wonder what he could get for Enroth, who is starting to look like a viable starter.

I can't picture there being too much interest in either guy for anything more than a backup role. Enroth's only playoff experience is mop up duty in game 7 against Philly. That will be the big knock against him and will scare off most playoff teams. If I'm a bottom feeder team, I'd much rather roll the dice on letting him get to free agency instead of giving up anything for him. Neuvirth does have 9 playoff games to his name, but by the time May rolls around, that will have been 5 years ago. It's a similar case where I'm not quite sure I would want to give up much of anything to get these guys.

Stopped at Stamkos. Not going to happen. If we get the first or second pick then that's a starter, but I wouldn't trade Eichel or McDavid for Stamkos who would walk away in a year anyways...

And you don't get a superstar and keep all your top assets. When building trade packages for guys like him you have to throw every great asset you have or the conversation doesn't even happen. Which is why these conversations don't ever happen.

I really wish you hadn't responded at all. Some posts are better left alone.

Ok I admit I haven't read this whole thread but I have been wondering about a possible trade scenario which I know is far fetched but I've convinced myself it "could" happen. The player I'm targeting is Stamkos, signed through next year for $5.5 mil, would have to sign an extension in Buf. Sabres send 2 2015 #1s,Isles #2 (keeping their own 1 and 2) and a package of prospects ie>Baptiste, Florentino or something like that, Sabres get a proven scorer still in his prime (younger than lafontaine) The Lightning are stacked at forward for the near future with several young star type players so maybe Stamkos is expendable? Far fetched I know but ya neva know?!?!

I'm sorry are you arguing the best player on TB and probably one of the top 10 players in the league is "expendable"? And are you arguing a package of 2 1st round picks and a couple of prospects would get him?

Myers, Zemgus, 2 1st rounders, and one of Reinhart/Armia/Ristolainen would maybe get Yzerman not to swear you up and down before hanging up the phone.

I really wish you hadn't responded at all. Some posts are better left alone.

Crap you're right but I responded too!

Let's talk Edmonton for a minute. If they were smart, and they aren't, a trade for Eberle should include a Center and a Defender. For them to trade with Buffalo, they should be looking at Zemgus (obviously) and Ristolainen/Zadorov. Realistically this is why the trade doesn't happen. Now sure they may love someone like Grigorenko but they are still going to ask for Risto/Zadorov as part of the deal. Maybe they ask for Myers instead but the point is, realistically adding Eberle and substracting those pieces right now is not logical. There really isn't a match for the Sabres.

Now if you could do something like Pysyk, STL 1st and insert veteran forward here than yea maybe but Edmonton won't do that deal. As for Samson, I don't think Murray will trade "his" guy and I don't think he should trade Reinhart.

Edited by LGR4GM

Re: Enroth: I think the Sabres need to decide which goalie they want here when the team is good again, and re-sign him and trade the other one. Right now, it looks to me that the guy to keep is Enroth.

The problem is the goalie they want when the team is good again is Ullmark/Makarov/Peterson or someone else currently not on the Sabres. Personally I say resign Enroth. Irbe has really helped his game and honestly he has played at a high level now for a couple years but no one will give him a shot because he is 5'10"

Re: Enroth: I think the Sabres need to decide which goalie they want here when the team is good again, and re-sign him and trade the other one. Right now, it looks to me that the guy to keep is Enroth.

You may recall that prior to his injury, Neuvirth was making a strong bid for No. 1. Not sure what the answer is, but I don't know that enough data is in to pick one over the other.

Edmonton isn't going to trade Hall, and probably not RNH either.

If the Sabres want Eberle, the price will include Risto or Nikita (or perhaps Myers). The best defenseman the Oilers get for Eberle isn't going to be a guy who can't beat out Strachan or Benoit for an NHL spot on one of the worst teams in the league.

I think you are overrating Eberle's value. He has a large contract that is undesirable. He is a soft one way winger with poor defensive skills. I don't know that Murray really wants him. I think Pysyck, Enroth and a #1 pick (st Louis) gets it done. Pysyck is a hometown boy there and I think Edmonton would do the deal.

Is resigning Enroth now worth the risk of drafting 5th to 8th in June compared to 1st or 2nd? Or do you trade him and let him and his agent know the Sabres would be very interested in resigning him July1st?

Article about GMTM from Custance

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=craig-custance&id=4490&src=desktop&rand=ref~%7B%22ref%22%3A%22http%3A%2F%2Ft.co%2FISGurEISKC%22%7D&ex_cid=InsiderTwitter_Custance_SabresTradeTalks

Is resigning Enroth now worth the risk of drafting 5th to 8th in June compared to 1st or 2nd? Or do you trade him and let him and his agent know the Sabres would be very interested in resigning him July1st?

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=craig-custance&id=4490&src=desktop&rand=ref~%7B%22ref%22%3A%22http%3A%2F%2Ft.co%2FISGurEISKC%22%7D&ex_cid=InsiderTwitter_Custance_SabresTradeTalks

I know the anti-tankers will absolutely roast this but I've been thinking of some deals as something like Myers and Zacha/Strome for Prospects, picks and McEichel.

http://m.espn.go.com...abresTradeTalks

Enroth is playing out of his mind, eventually he'll cool off and things will get back to normal. However, if I'm Murray, I'm all over the phones trying to move him (he's a pending UFA) while his stock is high. It looks like an obvious tank move, but in reality he's stated that he likes bigger goalies and he's an UFA at the end of the season, so it makes sense to move him in his contract year while he's hot.

If anyone other than yourself proposed this you would berate them about their stupidity.

No, I wouldn't have. Because I think the same thing. It's a valid thought because a trade like that will almost guarantee the team is picking first or second while not trading that player could be a strong reason the team is taking a guy like Zacha...

Summing up that ESPN article on Murray by Custance:

- Stewart is about to go. Murray essentially said he needs to be on a good team to have success and Custance says that Murray said a change of scenery will be best for him.

- Goalies available once he gets an idea what they want in a contract.

- He's ready to make moves. He has let everybody know who is available and what he wants. Waiting for counter offers.

- He wants a left-handed shot defenseman back if he's going to deal Myers. That and top prospects.

Any chance you might be able to quote that into sabrespace? I think you have to be an insider to look at in on espn because it closes every time i click it.

I didn't quote it but gave a run down just above this. Won't copy and paste, because ESPN has actually contacted people and threatened to sue them for quoting full insider articles on the internet. My brother has it. I would never pay for that crap.

Edited by Tank

No, I wouldn't have. Because I think the same thing. It's a valid thought because a trade like that will almost guarantee the team is picking first or second while not trading that player could be a strong reason the team is taking a guy like Zacha...

Summing up that ESPN article on Murray by Custance:

- Stewart is about to go. Murray essentially said he needs to be on a good team to have success and Custance says that Murray said a change of scenery will be best for him.

- Goalies available once he gets an idea what they want in a contract.

- He's ready to make moves. He has let everybody know who is available and what he wants. Waiting for counter offers.

- He wants a left-handed shot defenseman back if he's going to deal Myers. That and top prospects.

I didn't quote it but gave a run done just about this. Won't copy and paste, because ESPN has actually contacted people and threatened to sue them for quoting full insider articles on the internet. My brother has it. I would never pay for that crap.

Given our organizational depth, I get it. But it's definitely a little humorous to see a team willing to part with a RHD, as long as a LHD is coming back in return.

I know the anti-tankers will absolutely roast this but I've been thinking of some deals as something like Myers and Zacha/Strome for Prospects, picks and McEichel.

So you are saying trade Myers and basically our 1st round pick for the #1 or #2 overall pick and a prospect?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.