Another presser... Thursday at 2PM

spndnchz

Buffalo Sabres and Erie Otters representatives to be there.

Hmmm...

Erie gonna play some games at HARBORCENTER?

Terry has purchased the Erie Otters, the entire 2015 draft, and the Buffalo Bills. Connor McDavid starts this weekend at quarterback.

That'd be pretty ######in' fun(ny) to bring the Otters in to show off McDavid to Buffalo fans during Tank MkII.

He's likely not purchasing the Otters. I don't know of any OHL teams owned or affiliated with NHL teams. Plus Erie wouldn't fit the model of regionalization anyways- most of the Erie population is Penguins fans.

That'd be pretty ######in' fun(ny) to bring the Otters in to show off McDavid to Buffalo fans during Tank MkII.

He's likely not purchasing the Otters. I don't know of any OHL teams owned or affiliated with NHL teams. Plus Erie wouldn't fit the model of regionalization anyways- most of the Erie population is Penguins fans.

I think he's purchasing the entire city of Erie.

...He will also be announcing his new title of "Supreme Chancellor."

It should be, and would be, Sabre Country, if the fortunes of the two franchises were ever reversed.

Sabres lead the league in major announcements. One of these days Terry is going to announce he's the Lord Jesus and no one will come. #boywhofrackedwolf

Heard a rumor that McDavid will actually be at the presser tomorrow. They're not ###### around with this, are they, haha.

This is like watching two college coeds eye-bang each other at a party. Everyone is just watching like "oh my god would you guys just f*ck and get it over with already?"

Considering Erie is only 90 minutes or so from Buffalo, and an OHL game would have a better atmosphere in their home rink, IMO this is much ado about nothing.

That being said, I can appreciate the effort put forth by the organization to bring more hockey events to the area. Scouting combine, amateur events, prospects game, possible 2016 draft...

This is unprecedented tanking. I love it.

Bring in the the junior teams of the top draft picks to show off to the fans what we're about to draft because we're sooo bad.

I know it's not...but it would be awesome if this were a middle finger to the league for the lottery changes. "Oh, you think a little 5 percentage points will deter tanking? Well guess what? We're not only going to tank, but we're going to flaunt it!"

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.