Rochester Americans 2014-2015

spndnchz

I watched it on the net. Sam wasn't special but he was fine.

Thought he played the same sort of game we saw at the WJC and with Buffalo with his effectiveness falling somewhere in between. Not dominant, but not as weak physically as October and certainly not slow.

He's still not strong on the puck. Got bodied badly a few times. Not shy though. Made some exquisite passes.

Agree with the post above about the PP.

He doesn't look too suited on the wing and I really hope the Sabres don't break him in there. Why force him to use half the ice when he is so good at seeing it all? Why make him work the wall,when he needs to get stronger?

His game will be all about connecting with his linemates.

Grigo was meh, but his assist was gorgeous. Larsson was the best Amerk.

Why? Because until he's ready to handle the responsibility in front of his own net and down low in his own end, he'll be better off on wing. (There's a lot less responsibility there.) Once out of their own zone forwards don't stay in their lane. It makes sense to break him in at wing and move him to C when he's ready.

Why? Because until he's ready to handle the responsibility in front of his own net and down low in his own end, he'll be better off on wing. (There's a lot less responsibility there.) Once out of their own zone forwards don't stay in their lane. It makes sense to break him in at wing and move him to C when he's ready.

I think I already answered why: it reduces his strengths and amplifies his weaknesses.

His skill set screams centre.

He's no Cody Hodgson who doesn't know what to do in his own zone. He knows where to go and what to do in all three zones.

I think he's better at handling the responsibility in his end and picking up the open man, than he is along the boards.

He sees all the ice and can move the puck to his forehand and his backhand. 

He's good at picking off passes and getting in lanes. He can support the d-man low and make the smart chip. He can make smart passes to breaking wingers to spark the transition.

He's just not built to be a winger. He is not particularly fast to be a rushing winger. He's not particularly strong and could get victimized by pinching defencemen. He's not a load on the forecheck. He doesn't have a rocket off the wing.

Exaggerating for effect, but Reinhart's flaws are like Mark Pysyk's.

No one would suggest playing Pysyk on the wing to break him in in. He's not a winger.

You play Reinhart where he belongs and watch him get better.

I think I already answered why: it reduces his strengths and amplifies his weaknesses.

His skill set screams centre.

He's no Cody Hodgson who doesn't know what to do in his own zone. He knows where to go and what to do in all three zones.

I think he's better at handling the responsibility in his end and picking up the open man, than he is along the boards.

He sees all the ice and can move the puck to his forehand and his backhand. 

He's good at picking off passes and getting in lanes. He can support the d-man low and make the smart chip. He can make smart passes to breaking wingers to spark the transition.

He's just not built to be a winger. He is not particularly fast to be a rushing winger. He's not particularly strong and could get victimized by pinching defencemen. He's not a load on the forecheck. He doesn't have a rocket off the wing.

Exaggerating for effect, but Reinhart's flaws are like Mark Pysyk's.

No one would suggest playing Pysyk on the wing to break him in in. He's not a winger.

You play Reinhart where he belongs and watch him get better.

Didn't say he doesn't know what to do in front of his net. Said he might not be ready for it. Apparently Cassidy thinks he'd be better served at wing right now.

And the reason Pysyk isn't playing wing is because he's NOT A FORWARD; not because he's not a wing. Your point would be more apt if anyone was advocating moving him to D. They weren't.

Reading here and other places, I'm prepping myself for the onslaught of people claiming Reino is a bust when he averages a point a game.

:lol:

Yep. I'm looking forward to the eventual "he was the 1st center selected and isn't even the 1st line center on his team." :doh:

I do want Samson at C and not W. Let him learn next year. And. In BUFFALO, ffs. Let's get these guys ready for the Finals in 2017.

Mikhail Grigorenko's year in Rochester and exit interview

Grigorenko submitted his best season as a professional in 2014-15, appearing in 43 games and totaling 36 points (14+22) with the Amerks. His point per game average was second among all Rochester players at 0.84, with forward Johan Larsson finishing as the front-runner at .091.

The high point of Grigorenko's AHL season came in Jaurary, when he was selected as the CCM/AHL Player of the Week for the period ending Jan. 18 after he tallied three goals and four assists for seven points in three games, helping Rochester to a pair of impressive come-from-behind road wins. It made him the first Amerk to receive the honor in more than two years. 

Chad Cassidy fired

Whoot! No secret that I'm no fan of Cassidy. I'd be all smiles to see Cunneyworth make a return.

Who is the stylish gentleman interviewing Griggy?

No surprise there.

Don Stevens...Been here for ages..Nice guy,  

I love the guy and hate to be mean but... I think he could flatten Tokyo with that godzilla head of his. :o  :blush:

Don, if you ever read this...I'm sorry.

Surprised this hasn't got more attention.

Another one of Darcy's boys is shown the door.

Murray continues to rebuild the organization.

I'd love see the difference in the org charts (on- and off-ice) this September compared to September 2013.

Surprised this hasn't got more attention.

Another one of Darcy's boys is shown the door.

Murray continues to rebuild the organization.

I'd love see the difference in the org charts (on- and off-ice) this September compared to September 2013.

I thought he'd dump Kevin Devine, but I think he's still there.

Chad Cassidy fired

I'm actually surprised it took this long. Cassidy has no prior head coaching experience and to have him coach a team that had a bunch of NHL-hopefuls just didn't make much sense to me. He arrived in our organization because he has followed Ron Rolston everywhere. The Amerks actually had a pretty good team and scored a ton of goals. They should have had a better record. He did good work with Armia and Larsson though, and deserves that credit. But it's better to go in a different direction. Props to Murray for making the move.

I'm actually surprised it took this long. Cassidy has no prior head coaching experience and to have him coach a team that had a bunch of NHL-hopefuls just didn't make much sense to me. He arrived in our organization because he has followed Ron Rolston everywhere. The Amerks actually had a pretty good team and scored a ton of goals.

Maybe they had that lineup for 10-15 games. I'm not going to excuse Cassidy I just don't think he had a good team, at all. They signed about 40 guys to PTOs. They set a franchise record for amount of players in one season.

I think Murray actually put together a decent AHL roster to start the season.

It fell apart between injuries and Sabre suckage.

Dalpe Varone Larsson

Armia Girgorenko D'Amigo

Ellis Schaller Irwin

Samuels-Thomas Catennacci, Carrier 

Strachan Pysyk

Petrecki McCabe

Bagnall Ruhwedel

Lieuwen

Makarov

I'm sure I forgot someone, but that's a competitive AHL team.

One thing to keep in mind is that the massive drafts we have had, have not started to impact our AHL team until this coming season.  Those 2nd round guys and later are starting to filter into the AHL ranks, which is a good sign.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.