The tank is 1/2 over...

LabattBlue

133 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be pissed if the tank goes off course and the Sabres don't pick #1 or #2?

• Yes
    • No

This is crazy... But if this team doesn't get a point in the next two games they may not get one for the rest of this month.

Boston, Anaheim, Los Angeles, San Jose, Toronto, Boston.

Obviously that's not how sports work. The better team doesn't always win, and there's bound to be a few nights this year where it comes together long enough for the team to win... But, outside of Toronto, those teams are all far superior to this team.

It doesn't get much easier after that... Pittsburgh, Detroit, Montreal, Edmonton, Pittsburgh, St. Louis, Minnesota.

The only "easy" stretch this team has is Florida, Los Angeles, Calgary, Florida, Winnipeg from December 6th to the 16th.

Edited by Tankalicious

This is crazy... But if this team doesn't get a point in the next two games they may not get one for the rest of this month.

Obviously that's not how sports work. The better team doesn't always win, and there's bound to be a few nights this year where it comes together long enough for the team to win... But, outside of Toronto, those teams are all far superior to this team.

It doesn't get much easier after that... Pittsburgh, Detroit, Montreal, Edmonton, Pittsburgh, St. Louis, Minnesota.

The only "easy" stretch this team has is Florida, Los Angeles, Calgary, Florida, Winnipeg from December 6th to the 16th.

Not if they are still getting outshot by 2-1 margains. To me the first 3 games were almost unwatchable. When and if they send Reinhart down please don't call up Grigs for this $hit. Call up Larsson and keep Grigs developing in Rochester.

You always lean on strength of schedule. You are continually taken to task for it but you can't help running home to mama.

The Sabres will win some of those games. It's hockey. Weird ###### happens. I'm almost tickling myself with how bad they are. Other teams can't try to be this bad. It's almost as if they did their homework and decided the guys they would pick up were inherently bad possession players and would only maintain status quo.

The kicker, Bettman was there to witness the horror himself today.

You always lean on strength of schedule. You are continually taken to task for it but you can't help running home to mama.

The Sabres will win some of those games. It's hockey. Weird ###### happens. I'm almost tickling myself with how bad they are. Other teams can't try to be this bad. It's almost as if they did their homework and decided the guys they would pick up were inherently bad possession players and would only maintain status quo.

Great, great post. It almost seems to encapsulate the truth of the moment. If it is true, they do indeed have a savant GM, and good things are only some patience away.

If my eyes are showing my brain the truth, my brain ain't come around to it yet.

Everything you said after the first line was spot on. The first line was a pointless ###### remark, and a clear sign that you didn't read any of this:

"Obviously that's not how sports work. The better team doesn't always win, and there's bound to be a few nights this year where it comes together long enough for the team to win... But, outside of Toronto, those teams are all far superior to this team."

The thing is, I don't "lean on strength of schedule." I'm just noting how hard a stretch of games coming up is. Your chances of winning against the power of the West are far lower than winning against teams like Florida and Calgary. There is no debating that. Obviously there will be times where you'll beat the Kings one night and then lose to the Jets the next. I never said anything to contradict that. I was just pointing out two stretches of games: one that's coming up and tough, and one that is down the road and appears easier.

Edited by Tankalicious

Buffalo was outshot, 44-12. Second overall pick Sam Reinhart lost each of the 11 faceoffs he took.

"That was like an NHL team playing a pee wee team," Nolan told reporters during his postgame press conference.

http://www.sportingn...to-pee-wee-team

However, if this is the EXPECTED product (a full-fledged Tank) for 2014-15, then the anger must be feigned to an extent. GMTM and Nolan forge a team to intentionally lose - hard to be angry when they.... lose. The actual honest feeling must be one of satisfaction.

Perhaps it's just showmanship to keep the fanbase interested and sell tickets for the season?

However, if this is the EXPECTED product (a full-fledged Tank) for 2014-15, then the anger must be feigned to an extent. GMTM and Nolan forge a team to intentionally lose - hard to be angry when they.... lose. The actual honest feeling must be one of satisfaction.

Perhaps it's just showmanship to keep the fanbase interested and sell tickets for the season?

Getting outshot by 30 or more is never an expectation.

Don't assume Nolan is in on the tank. He may be the ultimate lackey (Def - uninformed man servant) and GMTMs bishop to every other GMs pawns. Maybe GMTM sits in his office watching video of McDavid and Eichel, cranking Styx's 'Grand Illusion', then popping in 'Mr Roboto' when a Nolan presser airs.

Don't assume Nolan is in on the tank. He may be the ultimate lackey (Def - uninformed man servant) and GMTMs bishop to every other GMs pawns. Maybe GMTM sits in his office watching video of McDavid and Eichel, cranking Styx's 'Grand Illusion', then popping in 'Mr Roboto' when a Nolan presser airs.

FNC = Paradise Theater?

With me, its just every off season, as cynical as I am, I still revert to the fan days of my youth and I talk myself into believing the hype. My falling for this team though, is almost inexcusable. I have never been a Nolan fan. Like you, I knew the value of Ehrhoff, I know how long it can take for a team to come together even in the best of circumstances.

How did I expect something different? Maybe I have gone from old and cynical to just plain senile.

If it makes you feel better, I predicted 7 wins and 40 goals better, which isn't looking like great prognostication at this point :lol:

Lol, that was a great response. No one can say that he didn't go out and spend to improve and continue to develop. He even said it himself as far back as the trade deadline, he made dozens of calls with little result. Have faith.

You've got that wrong - Florida, Calgary, Florida and Winnipeg is the Tough Stretch for the Sabres. Im already nervous for tonight - Lets Go Buffalo stay Perfect!

I'm starting to think Ted Nolan was put in place to help with the tank.

That said, I expect this to continue for 2 more seasons, then a move will be made. I'm sure Murray has his own guy in waiting, just isn't the right time yet.

Tank On.

No!!!!!! I cant do last year, this year and two more. C'mon.