The tank is 1/2 over...

LabattBlue

133 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be pissed if the tank goes off course and the Sabres don't pick #1 or #2?

• Yes
    • No

Enroth was in the right place, but I pretty much thought the opposite, i thought the coverage was spotty, mostly trouble with Columbus's speed in transition. (The Buffalo forwards.)

It looked to me like the goal was to take away the Columbus players down low and force Columbus to shoot from the outside. The problem is that Columbus just pushed by carrying the puck in the zone. Their passing was disrupted but their movement wasn't.

Then maybe there should be a tank tracking thread. I guarantee you that anti-tankers are going to get more upset as the season goes on, and someone will post something that will lead to mods stepping in, and people leaving or getting banned.

Just let us pro tankers go about our business, and all will be fine! :P :P :P

Perhaps us anti-tankers are just tired of having the whole tank issue brought up constantly. It's all out of our control anyway. I just think it's silly to put all of your eggs into one very small basket. Time will tell. Signing off - over and out. :yawn:

Shouldn't tankers and non-tankers be happy? We have a GM that stripped down an old core that wasn't working and had an active free agency bringing in talented players with the goal of improving the team. It takes a few years to rebuild a team, and it's not like the sabres are actually trying to lose or skate an AHL team like last year.

We had a bad team last year, and the team is trying to improve it (including free agency and trades: Stewart, deslauriers, neuvirth). It's not likely we will make huge strides (tankers are pleased) but the team is actively trying (non tankers be happy)

I don't get the debate to be honest. The gutting of this team occurred, and now we are rebuilding. The whole concept of tanking if kind of goofy. We aren't intentionally trying to lose. We gutted the team for future assets, and it so happens that means your team will be bad for a few years. There is no argument for this season, the sabres aren't going to decide to a) lose on purpose and tank or b) win on purpose. They are going to try their hardest, and if we happen to win it will be because of the young core taking huge unexpected steps. If we suck, then development is on schedule and we'll have a high draft pick. And then hopefully next year we will take a step forward or else we will suck again. The team will continue to add players, and develop our young core

Sorry for the ramble, on phone haha. Its just with all this tank vs. nontank arguments, people forget that it bears very little resemblance to what is actually occurring. The team is activly trying to win and get better, and when they make the jump, they make the jump. End of story. They arent going to trade young players for vets or anything, but if they have an opportunity to trade for a good young player they will. If they have an opportunity to sign a good vet, they will. They are no longer trying to manipulate this team roster to suck and skate and AHL tearm

Edited by Numark

Shouldn't tankers and non-tankers be happy? We have a GM that stripped down an old core that wasn't working and had an active free agency bringing in talented players with the goal of improving the team. It takes a few years to rebuild a team, and it's not like the sabres are actually trying to lose or skate an AHL team like last year.

We had a bad team last year, and the team is trying to improve it (including free agency and trades: Stewart, deslauriers, neuvirth). It's not likely we will make huge strides (tankers are pleased) but the team is actively trying (non tankers be happy)

I don't get the debate to be honest. The gutting of this team occurred, and now we are rebuilding. The whole concept of tanking if kind of goofy. We aren't intentionally trying to lose. We gutted the team for future assets, and it so happens that means your team will be bad for a few years. There is no argument for this season, the sabres aren't going to decide to a) lose on purpose and tank or b) win on purpose. They are going to try their hardest, and if we happen to win it will be because of the young core taking huge unexpected steps. If we suck, then development is on schedule and we'll have a high draft pick. And then hopefully next year we will take a step forward or else we will suck again. The team will continue to add players, and develop our young core

Sorry for the ramble, on phone haha. Its just with all this tank vs. nontank arguments, people forget that it bears very little resemblance to what is actually occurring. The team is activly trying to win and get better, and when they make the jump, they make the jump. End of story. They arent going to trade young players for vets or anything, but if they have an opportunity to trade for a good young player they will. If they have an opportunity to sign a good vet, they will. They are no longer trying to manipulate this team roster to suck and skate and AHL tearm

I agree

It still takes me awhile connect your new avatar to you, but good post.

McDavid with his third straight four-point game tonight. Two goals and two assists.

Through five games he has seven goals and nine assists. If he played at that pace (I know it's highly unlikely) for 56 games, the number he played last season, then it comes out to 78 goals and 101 assists.