The tank is 1/2 over...

LabattBlue

133 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be pissed if the tank goes off course and the Sabres don't pick #1 or #2?

• Yes
    • No

Tank, tank, tank. What if even a quarter of the league took this approach? What a boring, stupid game they're creating (MLB anyone?). It's easy enough if you watch from home. Turn it off and get a beer froim the fridge. The STHs are the ones who get screwed and they're paying the bills.

What if we get McDavid and then he gets concussed in pre-season. What then? I'm in Raleigh and sat next to a Sabres fan last week. All he could do was yell at them to lose and that's pre-season. I'm just blown away by this talk.

PLAY TO WIN...ALWAYS

Maybe I'm old, but fans agreeing to or supporting a tank are not real fans. The team needs to suck it up and play the cards they're dealt. If they get the pick, it's gravy. If they dont, they hopefully gave paying fans some value for their money. I'd like to take a poll as to how many full season ticket holders agree that the best course of action is to tank. I have to assume that the pro tankers are watching on TV most of the time.

And I assume most non-tankers have never seen McDavid play a game. Probably, not true but just as dumb assumption.

Not real fans??? give me a break, we just able to see the trees through the forest. We REALLY REALLY want to see the Sabres win the cup one day and we believe a true superstar will increase the odds of them doing so. Hey, maybe we are even bigger fans of the Sabres.

Plus, I think there are lots of season tickets holders who are happy to sit through 1 more year of bad hockey if it means watching McDavid or Eichel in Blue and Gold for the next 10-15.

Which reminds me, this "bad fan" just received tickets to go watch Lemiuex vs Bailey next friday night in Kitchener.

Do you remember a few years back where every GDT turned into a referendum on Ruff and Regier? Do we want that again?

I dunno. I was rather entertained by the daily Miller isn't as good/better than his stats thread. :sick:

I'm not sure you guys understand how the internet and message boards work.

Fecking Millennials and their assumptions about how the internets should work.

!WECREATEDTHEINTERNET,YOUNGLING!

I dunno. I was rather entertained by the daily Miller isn't as good/better than his stats thread. :sick:

I thought we did a pretty good job, as a community, of confining that to just a couple of threads. I may not be remembering correctly.

I thought we did a pretty good job, as a community, of confining that to just a couple of threads. I may not be remembering correctly.

It seemed to me that the Miller discussion appeared in the majority of game day threads, generally in the post-game chatter. I could be misremembering though.

I was agreeing with you.

In particular this:

Not so respectfully, oh, bullsh!t. The subject is the tank. Discussion from both sides should be expected.

Discussion, pro or con, in non tank related threads should be minimized, I agree.

Edited by Glass Case Of Emotion

So if we're going to bitch and moan about people posting tank talk in the GDT then can we keep the generic anti-tank talk out of the tank threads?

The Canes winning in regulation the next two days against the Isles would be awesome. My brother is a Canes fan (he lived there for a while), and he's the nicest person I know. I don't mind seeing him enjoy some wins.

Well, now we know how many friends Tank has :P

I'm starting to think Ted Nolan was put in place to help with the tank.

Their deficiencies in their own zone have nothing to do with talent or effort. If you watch closely, all 5 players stand in a defined area and just watch the puck as it travels around the zone. The way they set up looks like a penalty kill with the center occupying the center of the ice. That's a coaching issue, not a talent issue.

So what does Ted Nolan say after the game? Does he think they need to work on their D-zone? No. He plays it off as there being too much hype for the game and they had jitters. Nice.

That said, I expect this to continue for 2 more seasons, then a move will be made. I'm sure Murray has his own guy in waiting, just isn't the right time yet.

Tank On.

I'm starting to think Ted Nolan was put in place to help with the tank.

Their deficiencies in their own zone have nothing to do with talent or effort. If you watch closely, all 5 players stand in a defined area and just watch the puck as it travels around the zone. The way they set up looks like a penalty kill with the center occupying the center of the ice. That's a coaching issue, not a talent issue.

So what does Ted Nolan say after the game? Does he think they need to work on their D-zone? No. He plays it off as there being too much hype for the game and they had jitters. Nice.

That said, I expect this to continue for 2 more seasons, then a move will be made. I'm sure Murray has his own guy in waiting, just isn't the right time yet.

Tank On.

Actually their D-zone coverage was the best it's been in years. Player positioning has been a HUGE issue. Guys last night actually looked like they knew where they needed to be. I can't remember the last time I saw that.

Sigh. And once again, a joke falls flat because that's just how the internet works.

People who respond to jokes about them not having friends by attempting to legitimately refute a mock-accusation only serve to reinforce the joke. So at least you got something out of it.

Actually their D-zone coverage was the best it's been in years.

Disagree. Too many open looks, guys standing around watching the puck instead of tying up sticks. It was a mess, and Columbus took advantage of it. Score should have been a lot worse.

Actually their D-zone coverage was the best it's been in years. Player positioning has been a HUGE issue. Guys last night actually looked like they knew where they needed to be. I can't remember the last time I saw that.

Enroth was in the right place, but I pretty much thought the opposite, i thought the coverage was spotty, mostly trouble with Columbus's speed in transition. (The Buffalo forwards.)

Edited by X. Benedict