Murray Heaven - Hockey Heaven is dead. Long live Murray Heaven

X. Benedict

Quotes the current press conference:

Reporter: "Are you done?"

Murray: "Maybe. Maybe not. I don't know. Well, I do know, but I'm not going to tell you."

"People can get on the bandwagon early or late, but get on it early. We take this seriously.

Does anybody not love this guy yet?

Reminded me of this.

NSFW for language

http://gif-central.blogspot.com/2013/12/maybe-maybe-not-maybe-go-fck-yourself.html

Guest Sloth

If they draft Eichel or McDavid, and keep improving year to year? Absolutely.

Buffalo could possibly become the Detroit of old. Have a great farm system, developed to have a completive NHL team and the ability to sign quality free agents to top things off. It'd be a continuous, never appearing to end cycle. Man, if Murray can pull that off....

Edited by thanes16

That's great, for now. Will we love this guy more and more with every season?

While cleaning up Darcys messes yes. Once he starts making his own? We'll see. But right now clearly to be against him is ridiculous.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice to come home from a men's league game and hear all about these signings. I agree Sabres will need some growing up, but the D is solidified with Georges and Mazaros. Myers is expendable now and can be traded for another number 1 in 2015 and the Sabres gained some veteran leadership for the young guys.

All smiles... if Murray does not do anything more except deal with Myers till next years draft he has done more that Darcy did competently in 16 years here. Wow.... I think I see the light at the end of the tunnel and it isn't an incoming train...

No he isn't, and it would have to be a top 3 pick in 2015 to start with.

Mr. Pegula has had his honeymoon, spend to try and compete, early stage. Since, he's hired Mr. Murray and the blueprint appears to be taking shape nicely.

Murray heaven? No, this is still Hockey Heaven, the road needed more than a few cold patches is all, now that it's getting paved correctly it should make for a smoother ride to competitive games that are fun at FNC.

Well done Mr. Pegula, Well done Sir!

Really good write up about how GMTM has ensured the kids can move up when they're ready.

http://twointhebox.c...ay-flexibility/

That is an interesting look at the Sabres contract situation to be sure. Moulson and Gionta are the most interesting aspects of this, with the date on Gionta's NMC shifting over to a limited NTC, I have to wonder if Murray wouldn't be looking to move them after the 2/3 season mark as well. Time limit on instilling character and leadership qualities on the kids?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.