2014 Stanley Cup Finals - NY Rangers vs. LA Kings

X. Benedict

If the Rangers play the same game that they found toward the end of the Montreal series, this series could be entertaining. If they revert back to the hockey they played during the season, this series is will be dreadful.

I like LA in 6.

I really think NY had a soft road here in terms of physical play. LA will take center ice away from NY.

Bet all your money on LA. All of it.

I'll take the Rangers. I don't think there's any doubt the Kings are a better team, but the Rangers have proven me wrong two series in a row now, I'm not betting against them again. Plus, Henrik is a much better goalie than Quick right now, and I don't think you can understate his impact in a game.

I'll take the Rangers. I don't think there's any doubt the Kings are a better team, but the Rangers have proven me wrong two series in a row now, I'm not betting against them again. Plus, Henrik is a much better goalie than Quick right now, and I don't think you can understate his impact in a game.

If NY has a shot the difference is Lundquist. But Vingeults system is really not that different from Lindy's. Roll 4, active D, puck possession game.

I just don't think NY is deep enough up the middle. Should be a good series.

FWIW I have an acquaintance that works for the Rangers in development.

I asked if they will win. He said with a plain face. "Nope," but then added, "but that kind of takes the pressure off, doesn't it?" :lol:

I wanna say LA in 6 but every single prediction I've tentatively made this season has been tragically erroneous. I'd love to see Lundqvist lift that cup and break a 20 year drought for NYC over LA getting cup #2 in three years.

Plus, I'm just really really really really really super extremely sick of hearing Cartman screaming "GO TEAM GO" in Staples Center. That's enough to make me root for just about anyone else.

I'm curious to see what kind of series it turns out to be -- both squads are built to grind out low-scoring wins. Of course, L.A. got away from that model in its series with Chicago. The Rangers had a couple of anomalies in its conference finals, but mostly played to form.

I favor the Kings, and I don't think it will take 7 games to resolve the matter. I would not be shocked to see a relatively short series (5 games).

It's also interesting to note that any problems associated with traveling from west-to-east will be largely shared by both squads -- the teams play on June 4th in L.A. and then don't play in NYC until June 9th. I'd imagine that the Rangers will have been out on western time for almost a week by the time they return east.

Yeah, pretty apathetic about the Cup myself. I would have preferred seeing Chicago/Rangers. And the good series are over now. The Cup is almost anti-climatic.

The only thing I'm curious about, and will be watching to see.... Will Quick end up Kreidered? Quick sidelined is about the only scenario in which the Rangers have a chance.

Edited by Jsixspd

Yeah, pretty apathetic about the Cup myself. I would have preferred seeing Chicago/Rangers. And the good series are over now. The Cup is almost anti-climatic.

The only thing I'm curious about, and will be watching to see.... Will Quick end up Kreidered? Quick sidelined is about the only scenario in which the Rangers have a chance.

If the Rags take out the second starting goaltender in consecutive series, I would have to believe the Kings would dress som AHL pylon for the next game, with the sole purpose of taking out Lundy.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.