2014 Stanley Cup Finals - NY Rangers vs. LA Kings

X. Benedict

Ultimately I think the Kings are going to win. I think they're just as deep at forward as the Rangers are, and their high end players are better. Across the board, the Kings best is better than or equivalent to the Rangers best. The obvious exception is in goal, where Lundqvist is king (no pun intended). For the Rangers to win, Henrik is going to have to be amazing.

That said, I think it will be a lengthy series. The Rangers may have lucked out with avoiding Boston and the Price injury, but they've clearly been the best team in every series. They have carried the play more than let it come to them, and their balanced offense gives them a chance even when the stars aren't scoring. I think the talent gap everywhere but goaltender will be too much to overcome, but I see this going at least 6 and probably 7.

Can I just say how great it is to not hear Emerick for this game? I didn't hear why he couldn't make it and hope I am not being disrespectful, but, boy, I'd rather listen to Kenny instead of Doc.

I am the exact opposite..love Doc and was so disappointing when i tuned in and no Doc. Like bum holes as they say.

all they said was death in the family...and i am not saying you were disrespectful.

Can I just say how great it is to not hear Emerick for this game? I didn't hear why he couldn't make it and hope I am not being disrespectful, but, boy, I'd rather listen to Kenny instead of Doc.

Death in the family for Doc.

I like Doc and Kenny. Doc just needs to cool down a bit. Never every call needs to be legendary.

Edited by Tankalicious

Rangers will win in six, and Henrik will get the Con Smythe.

This is why I can't root for LA. Does anyone else hear this crowd?? Course not. They only gasp at shots, everything else is, "Hey, wonder what Kobe's doing today..." Absolutely pathetic, this atmosphere in the arena is abysmal. It's the Stanley Cup Finals FFS, GET EXCITED :censored: :censored:

Edited by WildCard

Rangers game plan here seems to be throw everything you can at Quick from the weirdest angles, maybe catch him changing sides to quickly or being lazy against the post?

And we have our first goal. B-E-A-UTIFUL shot right there

I really don't know why I am watching this game. I don't feel any joy when either team scores.

I f#####g hate the Sabres. They better get their $#!t together soon, because they have made me hate the game I love. Actually, that's wrong. Even worse, they have made me completely apathetic to the game I love.

Edited by SwampD

I really don't know why I am watching this game. I don't feel any joy when either team scores.

I f#####g hate the Sabres. They better get their $#!t together soon, because they have made me hate the game I love. Actually, that's wrong. Even worse, they have made me completely apathetic to the game I love.

I just want the Sabres to be able to forecheck like the Kings. Big huge guys who knock the snot out of the opposing team's defense. We haven't had a consistent forecheck in forever.

On another note, I'm ###### sick of Channel 4 Nashville cutting to weather coverage every 5 minutes. It's the ###### Cup final. I don't care there are heavy storms in Madisonville, Kentucky. Show the game. Who makes these decisions at the network? :angry:

I just want the Sabres to be able to forecheck like the Kings. Big huge guys who knock the snot out of the opposing team's defense. We haven't had a consistent forecheck in forever.

On another note, I'm ###### sick of Channel 4 Nashville cutting to weather coverage every 5 minutes. It's the ###### Cup final. I don't care there are heavy storms in Madisonville, Kentucky. Show the game. Who makes these decisions at the network? :angry:

I seem to remember Murray saying something to the effect that his model for the Sabres rebuild would be the kings. Or maybe thats wishful thinking ?

Benning in Vancity has said recently that the kings are the model as well. For what its worth.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.