2014 Stanley Cup Finals - NY Rangers vs. LA Kings

X. Benedict

ESPN's heavy coverage of Game 1 will be just about it (NBA starts tomorrow). It's almost comical. Was there no baseball controversy tonight?

There was more coverage of the NBA Finals in the past hour than there was about the Cup Finals over the past three days. I know E$PN wants to promote their own programming, but this is nuts. I guess I was hoping that the Rangers being in the Finals would garner more coverage for the NY market, but I suppose it was all for naught.

:wallbash:

Edited by Buffalo Wings

Guest Sloth

There was more coverage of the NBA Finals in the past hour than there was about the Cup Finals over the past three days. I know E$PN wants to promote their own programming, but this is nuts. I guess I was hoping that the Rangers being in the Finals would garner more coverage for the NY market, but I suppose it was all for naught.

:wallbash:

Can't remember if it was ESPN or not, but a poll was taken on what people were more interested in watching. New York + the New England region were the only places that had the majority wanting to watch the NHL finals. Even California was more interested in the NBA Finals. Very disappointing.

Can't remember if it was ESPN or not, but a poll was taken on what people were more interested in watching. New York + the New England region were the only places that had the majority wanting to watch the NHL finals. Even California was more interested in the NBA Finals. Very disappointing.

Other than baseball tonight, I haven't watched any espn in 2 years.

Guest Sloth

Regehr should be healthy enough to play by Game 3. I hope he at least gets to play in one finals game. Not sure who he would replace though. It'd be tough for Sutter to mess with the lineup at this point.

As they say, if it's not broke, don't fix it. I haven't followed the Kings enough this season to know if it'd have that much of an impact. What impresses me about the Kings is they can quickly fall 2-0 in game and come back to win if it's not a problem. I understand a 2 goal lead in hockey isn't a safe lead, but what impresses me is how quick LA can adjust their game to win. They can play a low scoring, slow tempo game or play a high scoring, high tempo game. It's as if they play the game their opponent wants to play. And from there the Kings show them how it is done. A fun team to watch. Now if only the Sabres....

As they say, if it's not broke, don't fix it. I haven't followed the Kings enough this season to know if it'd have that much of an impact. What impresses me about the Kings is they can quickly fall 2-0 in game and come back to win if it's not a problem. I understand a 2 goal lead in hockey isn't a safe lead, but what impresses me is how quick LA can adjust their game to win. They can play a low scoring, slow tempo game or play a high scoring, high tempo game. It's as if they play the game their opponent wants to play. And from there the Kings show them how it is done. A fun team to watch. Now if only the Sabres....

Aw man, you just *had* to go there, reminding me there's a team called the Sabres in the NHL.

Edited by Kristian

Guest Sloth

Aw man, you just *had* to go there, reminding me there's a team called the Sabres in the NHL.

:P Somebody had to mention the Sabres in a Stanley Cup discussion! Figured that was my only chance.

I hate to say it but....series over. If NY would have stolen it last night we might end up having something. LA is too strong, too deep, and too fluid in their game to be beat. Wave after wave of forechecking and a gap control that will tighten up as the series goes on by a terrific D. Oh, if Quick gets focused for a full 60, it's over in 5.

I hate to say it but....series over. If NY would have stolen it last night we might end up having something. LA is too strong, too deep, and too fluid in their game to be beat. Wave after wave of forechecking and a gap control that will tighten up as the series goes on by a terrific D. Oh, if Quick gets focused for a full 60, it's over in 5.

Refer to

It's been one game...

The kings dominated the 3rd period, but let's be honest for a minute,.... The Rangers owned the kings for the first 40,their speed was evident and the kings were pressured into a lot of atypical mistakes defensively. Granted the shots were close until the 3rd, the rags had the better of the scoring chances through 40.

Henrick looks solid and it has only been one game, I do expect LA to play better than last night but to call a sweep after an overtime game 1 is a lil premature..... I don't think the rags win, but I also don't expect the kings to roll thru as easy as expected either.

Hopefully brown isn't too banged up, sometimes those injuries don't hit until 24-48 hours later. And i fully expect the kings to pick their spots and make a Ranger pay for that cheap shot.

The kings dominated the 3rd period, but let's be honest for a minute,.... The Rangers owned the kings for the first 40,their speed was evident and the kings were pressured into a lot of atypical mistakes defensively. Granted the shots were close until the 3rd, the rags had the better of the scoring chances through 40.

Henrick looks solid and it has only been one game, I do expect LA to play better than last night but to call a sweep after an overtime game 1 is a lil premature..... I don't think the rags win, but I also don't expect the kings to roll thru as easy as expected either.

Hopefully brown isn't too banged up, sometimes those injuries don't hit until 24-48 hours later. And i fully expect the kings to pick their spots and make a Ranger pay for that cheap shot.

That's the game the Kings have played all postseason. Let the opponent go 200% for 40 minutes and wear them down, then dominate the last 20+. It's working...

That's the game the Kings have played all postseason. Let the opponent go 200% for 40 minutes and wear them down, then dominate the last 20+. It's working...

Yeah. Getting out to a 2-0 lead against the Kings in the 1st is almost the kiss of death. I think they've won every playoff game that's happened in.

Game 2 will be very interesting - because now both teams have faced each other in a playoff game, and obviously adjustments will be made.

Anyone watching? I missed the early part of the 1st (was watching USA soccer vs. Nigeria), but the Kings look like they had pretty much the same first period as in Game 1.

Yep. They are in it now though...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.