wjag

I just had a revelation about me and the Universe, but I'm too embarrassed to begin an old religion thread.

It's been many many years since I did acid, but this is one of those moments, those moments that Timothy Leary talked about when he spoke of being one with the Universe, as a result of doing acid, but I think that it might be unrelated to drug use. It's been well over 10 years, so I think that the statute of limitations is up, and any old Sabres fan might be open to such fantasy.

Here's what I'm saying - that it is all related to the Sun. I think about the things that I eat: veggies, grains, meat, and they give me sustenance, but they all go back in some way directly to the photosythetic energy that they get from the Sun. The Sun is the top, or the Father, if you will. The bottom is the Mother or the Earth, and I suppose the positions could be reversed on occasion.

The Sun and the Earth combine to create every gosh dang thing that I've ever imagined besides the Stars... So in that light, I wonder if there was some sort of confusion with Jesus being the "Son of God." Don't get me wrong, I think he's amazing, but these miracles that are spoken of pale in comparison to the Sun itself.

In it's absence, the Sun would seem brighter that Jesus' healing a leper. The miracle of the Sun, which is taken for granted, would make Jesus carrying the cross less than invisible. In its absence, Jesus would have nothing to walk upon, and the cross was wood, so imagine that!

Perhaps we get confused by the Son/Sun thing currently, and perhaps we got confused by creating human personalities for every celestial being that we've noticed throughout history.

All I am saying, is that the Sun is the real grand poopah, and the Earth is probably a big deal to chicks. If we realized that fact, we may not get laid, but we might feel like we did.

And if we worshiped the Sun, and gave the Earth the good lovin' it deserved, that we would win the Stanley Cup for De/Infinite!!!

Edited by Yuri Olesha

If God really is so smart, that he would find the fact that 'son' sounds like 'sun' is temporarily funny.

God would also find it cute that we have attributed human characteristics to his celestial creations, like the stars and planets, since the dawn of man.

I think that this whole 'son of man' savior joke, versus "sun of man" God thing would be right up his mysterious alley, or even a sly jibe at him by Mother Earth. Mothers are very protective, so she would be always looking to knock him down a peg or two by brainwashing his/her creation, man, into thinking that he, the Sun, wasn't all that, even if it meant that little Man thinks he's more important than the Sun, his father.

For example, who is more currently famous: Justin Bieber or Orion? Mother Earth is laughing at the answer.

If God really is so smart, that he would find the fact that 'son' sounds like 'sun' is temporarily funny.

God would also find it cute that we have attributed human characteristics to his celestial creations, like the stars and planets, since the dawn of man.

I think that this whole 'son of man' savior joke, versus "sun of man" God thing would be right up his mysterious alley, or even a sly jibe at him by Mother Earth. Mothers are very protective, so she would be always looking to knock him down a peg or two by brainwashing his/her creation, man, into thinking that he, the Sun, wasn't all that, even if it meant that little Man thinks he's more important than the Sun, his father.

For example, who is more currently famous: Justin Bieber or Orion? Mother Earth is laughing at the answer.

Elton John: "Don't let the son go down on me, but the nephew can....."

I just had a revelation about me and the Universe, but I'm too embarrassed to begin an old religion thread.

It's been many many years since I did acid, but this is one of those moments, those moments that Timothy Leary talked about when he spoke of being one with the Universe, as a result of doing acid, but I think that it might be unrelated to drug use. It's been well over 10 years, so I think that the statute of limitations is up, and any old Sabres fan might be open to such fantasy.

Here's what I'm saying - that it is all related to the Sun. I think about the things that I eat: veggies, grains, meat, and they give me sustenance, but they all go back in some way directly to the photosythetic energy that they get from the Sun. The Sun is the top, or the Father, if you will. The bottom is the Mother or the Earth, and I suppose the positions could be reversed on occasion.

The Sun and the Earth combine to create every gosh dang thing that I've ever imagined besides the Stars... So in that light, I wonder if there was some sort of confusion with Jesus being the "Son of God." Don't get me wrong, I think he's amazing, but these miracles that are spoken of pale in comparison to the Sun itself.

In it's absence, the Sun would seem brighter that Jesus' healing a leper. The miracle of the Sun, which is taken for granted, would make Jesus carrying the cross less than invisible. In its absence, Jesus would have nothing to walk upon, and the cross was wood, so imagine that!

Perhaps we get confused by the Son/Sun thing currently, and perhaps we got confused by creating human personalities for every celestial being that we've noticed throughout history.

All I am saying, is that the Sun is the real grand poopah, and the Earth is probably a big deal to chicks. If we realized that fact, we may not get laid, but we might feel like we did.

And if we worshiped the Sun, and gave the Earth the good lovin' it deserved, that we would win the Stanley Cup for De/Infinite!!!

So,… sometimes Mom likes to be on top?

I think that this whole 'son of man' savior joke, versus "sun of man" God thing would be right up his mysterious alley, or even a sly jibe at him by Mother Earth.

Don't forget to add in the virgin soil of mother earth that the sun of man grew from.

I'll join in... and I’ll be honest so I’m sure I’ll piss many people off that read this… sorry but real is real

1. I don't post very often but look/read the board every Monday-Friday.

2. I never have consumed an illegal or recreational drug. I didn't even drink until I was 21. (maybe a few sips before 21)

3. I do judge people in a negative way that do drugs … and yes smoking weed counts as a drug.

4. I have never been sick from drinking and only had a ‘hang over’ once but never got sick. Really the only reason for this is because I’m scared to be sick basically, and have always tried to be sensible to what I drink… A few times I got lucky and didn’t puke, if you count that as lucky. I’d rather have a good buzz for hours than get crazy drunk, get sick and not remember anything the next day.

5. I don’t have any tattoos/piercings (I could maybe see a tattoo scenario in the future but no way a piercing)

6. I do judge people with tattoos/piercings in a mostly negative way… but one of my best friends has dozens of both and my daughter does too (but not surprising to me, they aren’t exactly on the path to success and each complain about their situation all the while getting more of both)

7. I believe that Stereotypes have been created for a reason… and just because something isn’t 100% inclusive doesn’t mean it’s not true and you can’t laugh about it

8. I think I would have loved growing up and living in the 1950s-60s. Between the politeness and respectfulness of society, and the music, I think I would have loved it (knowing what I know now of course, haha)

9. I have now lived in my present city longer (14yrs) than I ever lived in Buffalo(13yrs) but I still feel like Buffalo is home and always will be. I’ve lived in the state of PA more than twice as long as I did in Buffalo but don’t feel like this is home.

10. I will probably never move back to the state of NY even if I win the lottery because of their taxes and gun laws..

11. I hate my job/career and many times in the past 3 months I have said out loud when walking into my building “WHAT THE F*CK AM I DOING HERE?”

12. I have a degree in Secondary Social Studies Education (basically history HS teacher) and have never worked in that field. I don’t really mind not using that degree, but I hate the corporate world I live in now.

13. I love creating with Photoshop, editing photos and creating cool graphics but after working on the computer all day at work (not fun stuff), I don’t do it as much as I’d like to anymore.

14. I’m not on twitter and wish I could leave Facebook… if my family and friends lived near me (not one does) I could easily do this but I’m afraid to lose touch with them.

15. I enjoy old forms of communication to let people know you are thinking about them such as mailing a letter or a note or a card because I think it shows more effort and thoughtfulness than sending a text or email. I am a dying breed when it comes to this. I still send texts and emails but like to mail something to people special in my life just to let them know I appreciate them.

16. I talk to my brother on the phone at least 5 times a week, people think it’s strange how close we are.

17. I go to the movies at least twice a month, sometimes more depending on what’s out. I love the big screen theater experience. I usually go alone to the first showing on a Saturday morning, I like it that way because there are less people to annoy me and I don’t have to worry about anyone else.

18. I overthink everything… everything. This list probably took me an hour to get down.

19. After re-reading all these, I sound like an a$$hole that doesn’t have any fun… haha.

20. I laugh a lot every day and enjoy things more than anyone I’ve ever known… I don’t get people that don’t laugh every day.

21. I have an entire room in my house devoted to Batman comic books, Batman related collectibles, and Star Wars collectibles.

22. I can’t believe anyone kept reading to make it to this item… so I’ll stop now.

Edited by TM8-PL16

I enjoy old forms of communication to let people know you are thinking about them such as mailing a letter or a note or a card because I think it shows more effort and thoughtfulness than sending a text or email. I am a dying breed when it comes to this. I still send texts and emails but like to mail something to people special in my life just to let them know I appreciate them

I hear that! I try to send a card just saying hello in my horrible handwriting to a different friend each month, I know it's not a lot, but I know it gives people the warm fuzzies/keeps a long distance friendship strong.

People save stuff like that, and come across it years later. I occasionally come across a postcard or xmas card I sent d4rk long before we dated (he always asked for one, and although I only knew him through parties, I'd send one- why not!) and it's neat to know he saved those things, usually by sticking them in a book.

I pretty much never receive those things myself, but when I do, they either go on a wall, the fridge, or in a folder for safekeeping. I love getting personal mail.

I talk to my brother on the phone at least 5 times a week, people think it’s strange how close we are.

I understand this one. My younger sister and I talk nearly everyday on the phone. People think it's weird. After our parents separated when we were young though, we were always there for each other, and if anything that's the reason we're so close. I wouldn't trade that for anything either. I hear all the time from other people how they wished they would've talked with their siblings more, or how they wished they were closer. I won't live with that regret.

dEnnis, similar situation here... our parents divorced and I'm sure that has a lot to do with it. Also, when we moved to a new state in the middle of a school year, it's hard to make friends right away so we were always together, inside and outside playing hockey, wiffleball and stuff all the time

I hear people say that too, wish they were closer. It's funny because I don't understand how people aren't that close, haha

Edited by TM8-PL16

2. I never have consumed an illegal or recreational drug. I didn't even drink until I was 21. (maybe a few sips before 21)

3. I do judge people in a negative way that do drugs … and yes smoking weed counts as a drug.

That's fair, because I judge people in a negative way who have never consumed an illegal or recreational drug. :)

Edited by SwampD

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.