wjag

The progress really won't be all that difficult. It's just some of those more random states that will get in the way. Why in the hell would I ever go to Montana?

Jellystone National Park

Why in the hell would I ever go to Montana?

Dude. I'm not even sure we can be friends anymore. (Yeah, yeah - I know: we never were.)

Seriously, though. Montana is just spectacular.

lol good point. I won't post the video but "I would have like to have seen Montana."

i'll post it.

Not sure this is worth anyone's time, but

1) It's all about my four kids and nothing else. Couldn't be prouder of them.

2) There are times I am not sure I really like sports anymore but continue to follow out of habit.

3) I am pretty sure my then nine year old son was the first person in the arena to notice Hull's foot in the crease. We were in a suite and he pointed it out on tv monitor.

4) I appeared on Van Miller's newscast in the eighty's. I think the segment was called Tuesday Quarterback

5) More then a few Sabres and locker room personnel know me by name but only a few know what I look like.

6) I can remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when Schoenie fought three Bruins in the 70's but would be hard pressed to do the same with regard to anything that happened in the 80's.

7) I am over 50, have a wonderful family and have done quite well for myself but I still have no idea what I really want to do with my life.

8) My first wife became locally famous when she attended a Sabre game with a friend.

9) I once asked Mark Kelso if I could schedule him for a Sunday appointment during Bills' season without realizing who he was.

10) This exercise reinforced my belief that I lead a pretty mundane life

OK, well here goes:

1) Although my degree is in laboratory medicine (and I only took one college course in computer science), my current job is in computer user support.

2) I moved to Arizona in the Spring of 1993 for a job. I hated the job AND Arizona and moved back to Buffalo in October - just in time for winter!

3) Once I hit 50, I decided that I was no longer going to do anything I didn't really want to do (and didn't need to offer an excuse). The phrase "We're not going to be doing that." entered my lexicon.

4) Friday nights used to mean Happy Hour and staying out until 4:00 - now it means laundry and falling asleep in front of the TV by 9:00.

5) Way back when America Online (AOL) was the way everyone connected to the internet, I stumbled across Jennifer Aniston's member account. I emailed her, but I'm still waiting for a reply....

6) I usually play golf only once or twice a year, but (so far) this Spring, I've purchased five pair of golf shoes (but no golf balls).

7) I've been to New York City three times, but the longest I've ever stayed was 24 hours.

8) Even in the wintertime, I prefer to wear short sleeve polo shirts.

9) For the first time since 1988, I purchased a car rather than leasing one.

and 10) I never met a brownie I didn't like. :D

This could be dangerous...

1. I regularly lie to people about their tatoos. I don't think they're awesome, cool, or sweet. In fact, I think 99.9% of them are stupid.

2. If the Bills moved to TO, I'd still root for them but it would with an emotional detachment. If they go to any other city, I'd stop watching the NFL not as a protest, but because I just don't give an isht about the league.

3. Not a day goes by that I don't regret telling my ex I didn't want to be married to her anymore.

4. I get drunk more frequently now - as a 45 year old man - than I have in 20+ years. Might be related to number 4.

5. My girlfriend has put on a lot of weight over the past year. It's not attractive and it can't be good for her health but I have absolutely no idea how to talk to her about it without sounding like a shallow and rude arsehole.

6. Friends tell me I slide back into my Canadian accent when I drink. I'm 100% American.

If anybody has suggestions on #5, I'll listen...

1. I regularly lie to people about their tatoos. I don't think they're awesome, cool, or sweet. In fact, I think 99.9% of them are stupid.

2. If the Bills moved to TO, I'd still root for them but it would with an emotional detachment. If they go to any other city, I'd stop watching the NFL not as a protest, but because I just don't give an isht about the league.

3. Not a day goes by that I don't regret telling my ex I didn't want to be married to her anymore.

4. I get drunk more frequently now - as a 45 year old man - than I have in 20+ years. Might be related to number 4.

5. My girlfriend has put on a lot of weight over the past year. It's not attractive and it can't be good for her health but I have absolutely no idea how to talk to her about it without sounding like a shallow and rude arsehole.

6. Friends tell me I slide back into my Canadian accent when I drink. I'm 100% American.

If you use anyone's suggestion for number 5, and still have the use of your fingers afterward, let me know, I may try it as well

If you use anyone's suggestion for number 5, and still have the use of your fingers afterward, let me know, I may try it as well

Best suggestion I have is to set a good example of good health and gently nudge her to join you. Swap out "let's get a pizza and 50 wings for movie night" for "let's go for a walk around the neighborhood/river/park/cellblock".

Swamp, all too often you post something that sounds just like what I'm thinking. We need to drink beers together. Seriously,

I'll try this. Hard for me to do. I'm not sure there is much about me that is noteworthy.

1. Related to Swamp's admission that he has never taken a chance. Just about a month ago I interviewed with an Industrial psychologist (whatever the ###### that is) as part of a series of interviews for a job I wanted badly. Mr. Ind. Psy. told me that I was afraid of taking chances. Challenged me to come up with a work scenario where I took a risk and lost. I couldn't name one. It was the most humbling interview moment I have ever had. He was absolutely correct. I may be the most risk averse person I know.

2. Dated my wife for 6 years before we married. Was married for 6 years before we (I) decided we (I) was ready for kids. See #1.

3. I often dream of going nearly completely off the grid. Like hermit in a shack way out on a wooded hill and warning signs in the driveway off the grid. The only thing stopping me is my wife and son. Sometimes I think about what it would be like if they weren't here and I could actually do it.

4. I don't drink alcoholic beverages on weekdays.

5. I have worked for two auto makers and three tier 1 suppliers yet have never owned a new car.

6. I am 47 years old and 3 of my 4 grandparents are still alive. I have had more friends die than close relatives.

7. If I had a do-over I'd go to school for meteorology.

8. I hate bowling and country music.

What have we learned so far?

When you go for a woman on looks....prepare to eventually be disappointed.

Van Miller has a propensity to personally contact and entertain teenage males.

Maybe we haven't learned anything.......

I once nominated Mike Cejka for weatherman of the year…

I'll give this a try

1. I'm a mechanical engineer, and dream of owning my own company

2. I used to be risk averse, but I'm about to take 2 huge leaps, only one of which I can discuss at the moment:

3. I am buying a diamond ring for my girlfriend this week, and it's only been a year and a half that we've been dating (living together for the last 6 months). She's the best thing that has and will ever happen to me.

4. I love the Bills and Sabres, and could never dream of a day of those teams not being around.

5. I love drinking wine during the week with dinner, but on the weekends, it's either whiskey or beer.

6. I love a good cigar now and then

7. I love country music and classic rock.

3. I am buying a diamond ring for my girlfriend this week, and it's only been a year and a half that we've been dating (living together for the last 6 months). She's the best thing that has and will ever happen to me.

You're a seasoned vet compared to me. I bought the ring right around 13 months after meeting the wife.

Just be honest without trying to be mean. Tell her there's no nice way to say this but you've noticed that she has put on some weight and it's making her less attractive to you (or leave that part out since it's kind of intuitive). Say you are worried about her health instead. You may get a frying pan across the back of your head anyway but it's important to be honest with her. If you've put on some weight too bring yourself into the equation and point out that you've put on a few pounds as well. Then offer to work out/exercise with her and eating better so you can both get back on the path to being healthier. Offer to join a gym together, go for walks, or whatever activity you think she may be willing to do with you. If you don't bring it up the problem could get worse or you could start to resent her and it will only lead to bigger problems down the road.

Swamp, all too often you post something that sounds just like what I'm thinking. We need to drink beers together. Seriously,

I'll try this. Hard for me to do. I'm not sure there is much about me that is noteworthy.

1. Related to Swamp's admission that he has never taken a chance. Just about a month ago I interviewed with an Industrial psychologist (whatever the ###### that is) as part of a series of interviews for a job I wanted badly. Mr. Ind. Psy. told me that I was afraid of taking chances. Challenged me to come up with a work scenario where I took a risk and lost. I couldn't name one. It was the most humbling interview moment I have ever had. He was absolutely correct. I may be the most risk averse person I know.

I'd like to believe that it's just that I'm smart enough to always change the parameters of the Kobayashi Maru so that I always succeed and there is no risk, but,... I'm probably just a big p####y.

I'll definitely have a some beers. I'll make sure it's the weekend.

10. I have never, not once, used a urinal

I read this crazy book in college called My Cousin, My Gastroenterologist. It wasn't really about anything, but in one little snippet, he writes about whenever he is standing at a urinal and gets blocked up, he just imagines himself pissing all over the guy next to him. He describes it in great detail. I have used this technique ever since and it has never fail to produce results.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.