Semifinals Thread

Eleven

Game 6 of the WCF's and I hear crickets in this thread, anybody watching?

yep.

Hossa is a really good hockey player. I never realized just how good he was, and fast.

HowTF did he miss that wraparound?!

This series is the first time I've really watched Hossa play. He's a much more complete player then I ever remember him being with the Thrashers and the Pens. Anyone know what the hell Crawford was thinking on that wrap around chance?? Oduya might have just saved their season on that pk

Edited by WildCard

This series is the first time I've really watched Hossa play. He's a much more complete player then I ever remember him being with the Thrashers and the Pens. Anyone know what the hell Crawford was thinking on that wrap around chance?? Oduya might have just saved their season on that pk

The replay showed a stick on his left knee not letting him across.

I could watch these two teams play 70 games. Short of a herculean performance by Lundqvist (obviously possible), the West is winning the Cup.

Absolutely. After some really spirited games between Habs- Bruins and then these two goliaths battling it out.... I find myself not really caring about the finals. Lundy is capable, but the Rangers are just nowhere near the level of talent and momentum as either Chi or LA. Cross coastal travel would be tough on them too, if it's the Kings. I can't wait for this western game 7.

Statistics are not in favor of the Blackhawks. I read at NHL.com that when a team goes 1-3 in a best of 7 series, only about 8% of the time do those teams rally to win. More than 10 to 1 odds against the Hawks beating the Kings tomorrow.

Statistics are not in favor of the Blackhawks. I read at NHL.com that when a team goes 1-3 in a best of 7 series, only about 8% of the time do those teams rally to win. More than 10 to 1 odds against the Hawks beating the Kings tomorrow.

That's not how it works.

Here's the webpage - it's all black and white

NOTE: TEAMS HAVE TRAILED 3-1 IN A BEST-OF-SEVEN SERIES A TOTAL OF 229 TIMES AND HAVE COME BACK TO WIN THE SERIES ON 20 OCCASIONS OR 8.7% OF THE TIME.

http://www.nhl.com/i...ge.htm?id=31154

In all the history of the Stanley Cup Playoffs, in 229 instances, teams have trailed a best of 7 series 3 games to 1. And of those, only 20 times has a team rallyed and come back to win, or 8.7 out of 100 times

Therefore the odds are 100/8,7 = 11.5 to 1 against the Blackhawks winning tomorrow's game.

And since it's only happened 20 times before, AND, the Rangers did so already this season (they trailed the Pens 3 to 1), that makes it unlikely that two improbable occurrences will happen in the same season. I think it makes it even more unlikely the Blackhawks can overcome the metrics that are against them.

Chicago should have me as a motivational speaker, I'd love to get em fired up with all these discouraging numbers. "Fellas, I've crunched the numbers, and the figures clearly indicate you're pretty much @#$%-ed" :lol: :lol: :lol:

So

Edited by Jsixspd

Here's the webpage - it's all black and white

NOTE: TEAMS HAVE TRAILED 3-1 IN A BEST-OF-SEVEN SERIES A TOTAL OF 229 TIMES AND HAVE COME BACK TO WIN THE SERIES ON 20 OCCASIONS OR 8.7% OF THE TIME.

http://www.nhl.com/i...ge.htm?id=31154

In all the history of the Stanley Cup Playoffs, in 229 instances, teams have trailed a best of 7 series 3 games to 1. And of those, only 20 times has a team rallyed and come back to win, or 8.7 out of 100 times

Therefore the odds are 100/8,7 = 11.5 to 1 against the Blackhawks winning tomorrow's game.

And since it's only happened 20 times before, AND, the Rangers did so already this season (they trailed the Pens 3 to 1), that makes it unlikely that two improbable occurrences will happen in the same season. I think it makes it even more unlikely the Blackhawks can overcome the metrics that are against them.

Chicago should have me as a motivational speaker, I'd love to get em fired up with all these discouraging numbers. "Fellas, I've crunched the numbers, and the figures clearly indicate you're pretty much @#$%-ed" :lol: :lol: :lol:

So

No.

if historical stats indeed dictated the likelihood of one of the teams winning tomorrow, the correct stat would be outcomes in game seven after the home team rallied from down 3-1 to tie a seties 3-3. And even then, it's highly debatable whether the correct stat would simply be record of the home team in game seven.

Edited by nfreeman

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.