Semifinals Thread

Eleven

The cup will end up in the western conference this year..... Both Montreal and NY have impressed but I don't think they can keep up with either LA or Chicago, only saving grace is if Montreal wins and the kings go 7 games again, then that's gonna be an awfully tires LA team

PK Subban is now my favorite NHL defenseman. He is like Tyler Myers in his prime, only better...

Montreal hosts the Rangers in just a few hours.

Also, here's the bracket, so no one has to go looking for it: http://bracketchallenge.nhl.com/playoff_challenge/leagues/19506?locale=en

NFN but shouldn't this thread be entitled "conference finals thread", not "semifinals thread"? Just an observation. ..

PK Subban is now my favorite NHL defenseman. He is like Tyler Myers in his prime, only better...

NFN but shouldn't this thread be entitled "conference finals thread", not "semifinals thread"? Just an observation. ..

I think Myers has yet to reach his prime.

Subban is very dynamic and loads of fun to watch.

Good point on the thread title.

The linesmen blew the too many men call in favor of the Canadiens that led to the goal.

I'm wholly on board with "semifinals," which, in addition to being old school, is correct. "Conference finals" is a combination of empty, new-age hype and the "let's give everyone a trophy" philosophy.

I third this. Motion carried.

I'm wholly on board with "semifinals," which, in addition to being old school, is correct. "Conference finals" is a combination of empty, new-age hype and the "let's give everyone a trophy" philosophy.

Only problem with your thinking is that the NHL actually calls this round "Conference Finals" and awards Conference Championship Trophies to the winners in this round.

The NHL is anything but new age.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.