Semifinals Thread

Eleven

Historically, what is the hawks record in games 5,6, and 7 ?

Mhm.

One stat I'd like to see is what is the game seven record of teams that just won game give and six.

LA themselves came back from 3-1 this postseason. They had less than a ten percent chance (even lower considering it was from a 3-0 deficit).

Edited by Tankalicious

Ok, here are the two team's game 7 stats

http://www.whowins.c...s/nhl2014n.html

"After Game 6: The Chicago Blackhawks visited and outscored the Los Angeles Kings 4-goals-3 to tie best-of-7 MLB/NBA/NHL playoff series 1234 at 3-games-all. When tied 3-games-all in a best-of-7 MLB/NBA/NHL playoff series, the Chicago Blackhawks have a Game 7 record of 6-5 (5-2 on home ice, with an active four-Game 7 winning streak at home), while the Los Angeles Kings have a Game 7 record of 6-4 (4-3 on road ice). The Chicago Blackhawks thus seek to achieve a WLLLWWW win order for a series victory for the second consecutive playoff year, having also done so against the Detroit Red Wings in 2013. The Los Angeles Kings seek to join the 2011 NHL Boston Bruins and the 1988 NBA Los Angeles Lakers as the only MLB/NBA/NHL teams to win three Game 7s in the same playoff season. The Chicago Blackhawks hope to make the Los Angeles Kings become the only MLB/NBA/NHL team to lose three consecutive games in three consecutive best-of-7 playoff series in the same playoff season."

So the Blackhawks are .550 winning% in Game 7s, and the Kings are .600 winning % in game 7. When Game 7 is played on the road, LA = .570% WP, and when the Blackhawks play at home, .714 WP%

Hawks definitely do better in Game 7s at home, then vs on the road. LA does slightly worse on the road than at home in game 7.

Edited by Jsixspd

I'm pulling for the Blackhawks. I love that team. Another cup makes them a near dynasty which hasn't happened in a long time.

Please do not burn me for the following comment.

If Chicago wins the third cup, I believe Kane would have won everything in Chicago and may be open to choose the hard way with the small chance to become a legend in his hometown by bringing the Cup home.

Why win a fourth cup in Chicago, when clearly the bigger and much more difficult ( maybe impossible) quest would be to win the cup with Buffalo.

If Chicago wins the third cup, I believe Kane would have won everything in Chicago and may be open to choose the hard way with the small chance to become a legend in his hometown by bringing the Cup home.

Why win a fourth cup in Chicago, when clearly the bigger and much more difficult ( maybe impossible) quest would be to win the cup with Buffalo.

This is the only way he ends up here if he thinks like you and I. If he thinks "ya know what, I've done so much in Chicago. Maybe I should go home and give them a boost."

Imagine the offseason of 2015 if we land one of McDavid/Eichel and also get Kabe? Wow.

I feel this way too. Especially if he wins this year and next.

As I said in the other thread, heat has fried my brain :lol:

That aside, I'd still consider it a dynasty. Back to backs haven't been done since the last 90s Wings, and nobody else has come close to 3/5 in the cap era.

I probably would, too. But I think near-dynasty would cover all opinions on them haha

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.