is Patrick Kane the best in the world?

CallawaySabres

Is this the best reason to start a brand new thread?

... Also no.

Is there a reason why you and a few others are so opposed to new threads? Are threads a limited resource? Are you a moderator? Or do you just enjoy being rude? If someone wants to make a new thread let them, if you don't think it should be a thread then report it, if you don't want to participate then don't.

edit: this place use to not be like that, and for whatever reason this is a new thing. It's what makes new people lurk instead of post new threads and become active because there are a few people who come off like real jerks to new threads...

Edited by Numark

everyone will have their different reasons as to what traits the best must have and in my book, it's Kane hands down.

Goals aside, this guy has some of the best vision I have ever seen.now, back to the goals, has anyone ever scored bigger ones in the history of the sport?

Him this is an interesting question. I think with the way he has been playing you could argue he is one of the top players. He scores extremely clutch goals and has a great shot. You could argue he is the best Winger in the world but I am not sure if I would say best player.

I generally don't care about new threads unless it's a question that could be asked and answered quickly in a thread that's already discussing the subject (here it's Patrick Kane in the playoff thread).

good for you, but this is a discussion board and someone wanted to have a discussion on something. So sorry they did something you dont care for...

Sorry to derail thread, but I think its an interested question. I don't think kane is the best in the world right now, but he is definitely near the top. 2 stanley cups. one conn smythe, 2 overtime playoff goals, and around 500 points in 500 games all by the age of 25. Not bad

Is there a reason why you and a few others are so opposed to new threads? Are threads a limited resource? Are you a moderator? Or do you just enjoy being rude? If someone wants to make a new thread let them, if you don't think it should be a thread then report it, if you don't want to participate then don't.

edit: this place use to not be like that, and for whatever reason this is a new thing. It's what makes new people lurk instead of post new threads and become active because there are a few people who come off like real jerks to new threads...

I tend to react negatively when a 2nd thread is made that is identical to a thread already made and actively being posted in. I think that is justified. This thread deserves criticism for being made? Meh.

Kane is ridiculously clutch. Best right now though? I don't think so. I'm not convinced he's the kind of guy that can make others around him better, but put him in clutch situations and that little cab fare stealing punk can sure get it done.

Stanley Cup winning goal.

Conn Smythe trophy winner.

His name is on the cup, twice.

All this adds up to him being an elite and clutch player.

Best in the world? No, IMO.

And for what it's worth, I like new threads to discuss new topics.

The countdown is on for a WC 2014 thread.

"Best in the world" by what measure? Maybe, the best stick handler / puck possession guy in the world. Certainly not the best all-around player.

And for what it's worth, I like new threads to discuss new topics.

Yeah, new threads keep the board active. And, are mobile friendly! But, I also agree with the poster upthread who suggests checking to see if it is already being discussed before posting a new thread. In this case, there is no other dedicated Patrick Kane discussion.

Sidney Crosby is IMHO the best player in the world right now (just trying to be objective), but not by much over Kane. I would take Kane over Ovechkin any day of the week. And I can also see MacKinnon overtaking Crosby in a couple years judging by how he has been performing for the Avalanche.

Is this the best reason to start a brand new thread?

... Also no.

The self-anoited thread police need to holster themselves. Not only is it irritating, but in this case - completely, utterly wrong.

It is completely illogical to rudely assert that an extended discussion on whether "Patrick Kane is the best hockey player in the world right now" should belong in a thread titled, "First Round Playoff Thread ".

And then you hit the Daily Double by saying it is a question that can be answered quickly... Really? Did the OP ask Kane's age or the color of the sun?

If there is an active, DUPLICATE thread, that is APPROPRIATELY titled, then report the redundant thread to the moderators. Easy-peazy.

Kane has rebounded nicely from a disappointing Olympics. He was pretty flat for a while AFTER the Olympics too.

What I like about Kane - he's always thinking about getting that puck down the ice and into the other team's zone and into the net. Most of the time, as soon as he has the puck, he starts moving down the ice. He has fantastic puck control and puck handling. How many Sabres players pass the puck away as soon as they get it like it's a hot potato or zig zag back and forth in their own zone for a protracted time, or even worse in my book go back towards the Buffalo zone? Kane seems to pass when it makes sense to do so and moves forward most of the time!

Man, this playoff puts me in a tough spot. Last year I was rooting for Chicago in the playoffs, because the Blackhawks are a quality team and quality organization. I love watching them play, and I thought they were the only ones who could beat the Bruins. Now I have to root for the Blues.

Interesting topic, Callaway, I'm glad you started a new thread on it.

For those saying Kane is not the best player in the world, who's better? Why?

I will also say that Crosby is the best player in the world right now, but by only the slightest of margins over Malkin. Those two are the only two at the moment that, IMO, could single handedly take a team on their back and lead them anywhere. There are others that are close, but not quite ... Stamkos and Toews come to mind.

I also agree that MacKinnon will be the best player in the world by the time he reaches 25, if not sooner. He is the full meal deal, as they say. By that time Crosby and Malkin could very well be dropping down a notch, or two, as father time will start to catch up on them.

I will also say that Crosby is the best player in the world right now, but by only the slightest of margins over Malkin. Those two are the only two at the moment that, IMO, could single handedly take a team on their back and lead them anywhere. There are others that are close, but not quite ... Stamkos and Toews come to mind.

I also agree that MacKinnon will be the best player in the world by the time he reaches 25, if not sooner. He is the full meal deal, as they say. By that time Crosby and Malkin could very well be dropping down a notch, or two, as father time will start to catch up on them.

Although McKinnon crossed my mind, there is not nearly enough to go on for him. For all those stating Crosby is the easy answer, right now, I don't agree with that at all. Sid has a better two way game but if I am starting from scratch, I would honestly take Kane right now and he is only getting better. If I am the Sabres, I would be doing everything I possibly could (by the book and not by the book) to lure him to Buffalo.

Not only isn't he the best in the world, but I'd argue his "clutchness" is overrated, for those who believe in it. See: Sochi Olympics.

So, in a series dominated by the world's top talent he wasn't able to be the clutch player, but then again was there really a clutch player in the Olympics for any team? It seemed like a rather large letdown to be honest. It was some good hockey at times but nothing spectacular.

Kane has scored some seriously clutch goals (or caused them to happen). He's definitely a significant threat on the ice.

Best in the world might be a stretch but he's on the really short list of a player who I want on my team when I need to win.

Not only isn't he the best in the world, but I'd argue his "clutchness" is overrated, for those who believe in it. See: Sochi Olympics.

He came up short in a few key spots at Sochi, but overall I thought he looked dangerous.

A guy who scored an OT SC winning goal is presumptively clutch. Being clutch doesn't mean you come through each and every time -- it means you have the skill and the onions to step into the breach and make an all-out effort to deliver for your squad, and that you deliver more often than you fail. I say Kane's clutch as a mofo.

I also say that, while not the best player in the world, he's probably on the all-world team. Not sure if he's playing top-line minutes, though.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.