First Round Playoff Thread

Eleven

I don't understand how Boychuk is allowed to dump Abdelkader there when he doesn't have the puck. I understand that they're allowed to "battle" for it, but that wasn't a battle, that was a hit. It's interference.

But this is the playoffs.

They called it in the CB/PIT game last night, was almost a replica play.

Detroit looked afraid today. They played afraid. Too worried that a Bruins player would try to kill them if they let it all hang out. That's not how they played game 1 and it cost them in this game. If they don't play without fear they can't win.

The ice looked very slow as well. I wouldn't be shocked if it was softer than it was in game 1. The Garden staff is known for doing this to gain an advantage.

Lucic complaining about the empty netter being offside, slapping his stick on the ice. What a bitch.

I hate to say it, but Det Bos today was much more what I expected from this series. Perhaps the atmosphere at the Joe can rev the Wings up again.

They did what they needed to. They stole home ice advantage.

WTF. This Montreal game sucks. Montreal fans are awful. Looks like the Lightning should just concede the series to the Habs because the league clearly wants them to win this series.

I was pulling for Montreal initially, just to keep a Canadian team in the playoffs, but Montreal is dirty, the fans are cruel, and the NHL's bias are all on display this period and is disgusting.

Emilin knee'd Stamkos in the head on purpose. He had plenty of time to move or stop, what a jerk move. Most likely won't get looked at.

Watching Boston cheat and be dirty makes me truly believe we still need a meaner/grittier Sabres team to compete with them. I'd love to be the team that takes Boston's game and shoves it back down their throats.

Yes please

Looks like the NHL wants to make sure a Canadian team stays in the playoffs. Have to keep those ratings in Canada up.

Luckily we don't all turn into habs fans because the Canadians are the only team in the show. I'm pretty sure hockey fans in Canada will watch the games even without a Canadian team to cheer. I hate the Habs and so do most people I know. Looks like they might sweep, bastards.

I want Montreal to win the series, but the reffing in that game should not have happened. That group should not work another Stanley Cup game. That was pathetic. Wondering how much they were getting to throw the game. Three critical blown calls, two involving Stamkos.

The NHL has to do something about the way that game was reffed. That was horrible, I wouldn't want to win a game that way and would be apologizing to other team afterwards if I were on the Canadians.

Can a ref be suspended? If so that whole officiating team should be.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.