First Round Playoff Thread

Eleven

Miller having some really bad luck on those deflections.

They didn't have to fine Quinnville so much, and Lucic should get a 1 game suspension. But as we saw in the last game vs Buffalo, the Bruins get protected.

I thought he deserved more than one game, but they didn't know Lucic would do that when they fined JQ. Also wouldn't consider it if they did, anyways.

Edited by Tankalicious

I all of a sudden do not like Quenneville.

Boom! Backed was out!

Backed was kind of low, I thinkt those hits happen, can't say it was intent to injure

Uh, launches into dude with elbow, leaving ice for momentum, into the boards? Yeah, he had no idea Backes would get hurt.

Edited by sizzlemeister

It just seems to me that the rule now is that if the guy isn't ready for a hit or it surprises him then the guy who threw a really hard check made a dirty play. It's almost like you are only suppose to check someone unless they are ready to protect themselves, and I understand that but the player doing the checking almost has to read the other players mind. If that makes sense, sorry if it's confusing.

It just seems to me that the rule now is that if the guy isn't ready for a hit or it surprises him then the guy who threw a really hard check made a dirty play. It's almost like you are only suppose to check someone unless they are ready to protect themselves, and I understand that but the player doing the checking almost has to read the other players mind. If that makes sense, sorry if it's confusing.

I know it is a fast game, but

Replays show the puck was near the goal when he hit him. Clearly led with elbow. Targeted head. Textbook thug.

I know it is a fast game, but

Replays show the puck was near the goal when he hit him. Clearly led with elbow. Targeted head. Textbook thug.

stop with the elbow talk. It was not a elbow. The elbow was tucked in whole time. It was clearly a targeted head shot and he lunged into the hit to do it.

Can't understate how big these two wins are for the Blues mentally though. Coming into the playoffs with a terrible losing streak and being able to score two game-tying goals late in the third to win in OT against the defending champs must give them a huge confidence boost

Seabrook is at fault, but his hit was not intended for the head, Backes was looking down. Additionally he didn't leave his feat or lead with his elbow. However he did hit him in the head and he's ever bee suspended so I'd say a 1 game suspension is all he gets.

I thought the puck had been more at his feet, so I guess a bad hit.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.