OT - 2014 NFL Draft

I think it's good, I'm a little upset over losing next year's pick, but that's the price you gotta pay to get elite talent..... Watkins is elite talent, let's just hope EJ can accurately get him the ball and the line hold up for us.... Next year could be exciting

I think it's good, I'm a little upset over losing next year's pick, but that's the price you gotta pay to get elite talent..... Watkins is elite talent, let's just hope EJ can accurately get him the ball and the line hold up for us.... Next year could be exciting

Get an offensive lineman in the second and find some diamonds in the rough in the later rounds and they might break out of this mediocre team.

I don't love giving up next year's 1st, it hurts...but at some point we need some elite talent on offense. What's the worst that can happen, we lose out on a high first round pick and continue to miss the playoffs? I, for one, and happy we finally took a swing.

Especially considering this draft actually has some good QBs.

IMO the QBs in this draft are woefully overrated.

Would somebody from ESPN take Jon Gruden out back and put him out of his misery? Holy crap he is nauseating........ And I've probably only watched 15 minutes of ESPN.

Gotta disagree. Love me some chucky. He's just different than every other sports schmuck.

I don't love giving up next year's 1st, it hurts...but at some point we need some elite talent on offense. What's the worst that can happen, we lose out on a high first round pick and continue to miss the playoffs? I, for one, and happy we finally took a swing.

IMO the QBs in this draft are woefully overrated.

The first round showed how bad franchises continue to be bad.

Bills - three draft picks spent on 1 wide receiver when they need help across the board. The Bills gave up the 5th most rushing yards in the league last season and the division now has Chris Johnson.

Lions - spend another 1st round pick on a wide receiver when they have the 18th ranked defense and play in a division against Cutler and Rodgers.

Browns - they burn a 1st round pick on a CFL quarterback,

Bad teams get blinded by the flash when they should be focusing on substance.

The first round showed how bad franchises continue to be bad.

Bills - three draft picks spent on 1 wide receiver when they need help across the board. The Bills gave up the 5th most rushing yards in the league last season and the division now has Chris Johnson.

Lions - spend another 1st round pick on a wide receiver when they have the 18th ranked defense and play in a division against Cutler and Rodgers.

Browns - they burn a 1st round pick on a CFL quarterback,

Bad teams get blinded by the flash when they should be focusing on substance.

What's your thoughts on the saints pick?

What's your thoughts on the saints pick?

The Saints know they have to go through the Seahawks to get back to the Super Bowl, adding a receiver makes sense, more so if you take into consideration they added Bryd to a defense that gave up the fifth least amount of points last season.

If EJ proves he is legit, brilliant trade. If EJ bombs, Bills suck for a minimum of another 4 years - end of story.

This is basically it. In my opinion what the Bills have is a future franchise QB and a really decent receiver corps. That's how you build a team. Without offense you aren't going anywhere. I don't care how good your D is. Defense only has to be good enough to let the offense win games.

If EJ doesn't pan out, then you start over again in a few years. Lather, rinse, repeat.

I'm not mad they traded up, but the guys I loved fell exactly where I figured in Shazier/Pryor/Verrett. I would have rather moved down, packaged 2 2nds to get another 1st, trade that 1st and 4th next year for another 1st. We may have had the best defense in the league.

I agree that if Manuel bites it....these guys need to be fired. They must REALLY believe in him with all the BS coming out of Whaley's mouth.

Godspeed fellas.....

I don't watch college football, but the video on Watkins is amazing.

And the consensus is the guy is a playmaker, and a stud, maybe the best skill player in the draft.

He was the number one player on their board and given their needs, it seems to me he should have been.

They should still be able to fix the hole at tackle at 41.

Shouldn't we be a bit more excited?

I don't watch college football, but the video on Watkins is amazing.

And the consensus is the guy is a playmaker, and a stud, maybe the best skill player in the draft.

He was the number one player on their board and given their needs, it seems to me he should have been.

They should still be able to fix the hole at tackle at 41.

Shouldn't we be a bit more excited?

Pretty sure I'm the only one here that was actually excited about the trade up and the Watkins pick.

###### the 2015 first. What have all the first rounders since 2000 done for the Bills?

I watch to be entertained. This entertained me tonight and I think it will continue to entertain me.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.