OT - 2014 NFL Draft

any love out there for Jimmy Garoppolo, Eastern Illinois, QB? Threw a mere 53 TDs last year.

I see the Pats selected him in the second round. I guess they weren't scared off by the Ohio Valley Conference.

Edited by wjag

So McCarron and Murray are still available.... :ph34r:

If the Bills were smart they would take either Murray in the 4th or Devonta Freeman. Murray gives you a legitmate option outside Manuel and would probably have been drafted already minus his late season knee injury which btw is fully healed. Freeman, is shorter but faster Fred Jackson. He will find holes and explode through them and he is good after contact.

I see the Pats selected him in the second round. I guess they weren't scared off by the Ohio Valley Conference.

not my problem. I wouldn't have taken him.

Conolidating Day 3 thoughts......

Cameron Fleming - T/G - Stanford - He is tall and played tackle, but is built like a guard with beef and stockiness. There looks to be untapped power because of his wide footing in his drive. He is very fluid at the hip though and one of the best lateral movers. Smart kid. Don't love him, but would be an ok depth guy who could swing. 3rd or 4th round.

*** Ryan Groy - G - Wisconsin - I just love this guy, especially compared to where he is being projected by most. He is an oak tree, big and wide, and is very nimble for his build. He is solid laterally, and fluid on the move. He projects confidence. The only downside I see is wide legs in his drive. While he is projected later in the draft, I would scoop him up all day in the 4th and even think about the 3rd. I get the feeling he is a bigger, more athletic Jerry Ostroski. Could probably start.

** John Urschel - G - Penn St. - Love the way this guy is built for scrappy guard. Great balance in his push and ok lateral. Smarts off the charts and sportsmanship. Another who is projected low, but I would have no problem in the 4th round and even a reach. Just seems to be lock for a roster spot at least.

Jonotthan Harrison - C - Florida - A little undersized, but very athletic build. The thing that stands out is his forward push and great technique in driving. He is average otherwise. His build gives him a shot to put on a few pounds of fat with no problem and could be a good project for C/G. 5th or 6th round.

There is only 1 TE that intrigues me....

**AC Leonard - Tennessee St. - Great build and is thick in all the right places. Able to switch gears with amazing turn of foot. Fairly smooth mover and soft hands. Has the body to be adequate blocker although a tad short. Had off field issues. Very Intriguing. Keith McKellar type. Worth a flyer in round 5 for sure and can see someone go as high as a 4th because he is the most athletic next to Ebron.

WR

***Bruce Ellington - South Carolina - I really love this kid. He's short, but powerful. Gets off the line well and has burst out of his routes. No matter what route and where the ball is, he grabs it with confidence. Very aware on the field. He's fast enough to run some go routes, but I think would make a great slot guy who would burst open on those 5-12 yard routes and have the hands to bring it in. If he's there in the 3rd I love him, and he might be worth a reach in the 2nd

On the QB's....

*Logan Thomas - VTech - This guy looks like a 1st round pick. Tall, built, fast, confident in his mechanics (at least in a drill). He throws a tight and powerful ball short to mid range, and is throwing down. If he runs, he is built like a tight end...which he was projected to be. It sounds like he was mediocre the past few years, but this guy looks sooo good. I would think he goes by the 3rd or 4th round.

Safety.....

*Brock Vereen - Minnesota - Undersized and not bulky, but aware, smooth, and had one of the best bursts after change in direction of any athlete. Straight line fast, and with his agility, I would think he could play centerfield. Intangibles high as well. Listed low anywhere I look, but would look at him starting in the 5th for sure.

On to the Running Backs...

Andre Williams - BC - Very powerful runner and balanced enough given his frame. He builds power on the third or fourth step, so if he gets a hole, he can drag guys downfield. He doesn't have grace but with his freight train power, doesn't need much. Probably more of a 1st and 2nd down back, and short yardage. Not the complete package, but a viable guy in the 4th round.

What's the deal with everyone involved with buffalo sports broadcasting not being able to pronounce players names for ######!!? There is only one way to pronounce Cyril! Just one, and Sal, ya just blew it.

Nice to see solid draft grades, but I still think they're silly.

Even if a team drafts a bunch of guys that make you say "what the hell are they doing?" they might end up having one of the best draft classes in a few years. Somebody could've taken David Fales in the top ten and had everybody laughing at them, but if Fales then turns into a great QB that team gets praised later.

Jeffcoat and Kirby Van Der Kamp? What awesome names. I want them too, now.

The Jeffcoat name should sound familiar to Bills fans...

His father Jim Jeffcoat played for the team in the mid-90s.

Edited by Tankalicious

The Jeffcoat name should sound familiar to Bills fans...

His father Jim Jeffcoat played for the team in the mid-90s.

I only remember him as a Cowboy

What's the deal with everyone involved with buffalo sports broadcasting not being able to pronounce players names for ######!!? There is only one way to pronounce Cyril! Just one, and Sal, ya just blew it.

I learned a lot today about Sal and Joe. Sal is "can't pronounce names" guy and Joe is a giant blow hard geek who doesn't have any real knowledge, studies up on a few big names and mails it in for the rest. He admitted he didn't know anything about 75% of the players after round 3.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.