What if Tim Murray.....

SabresBillsFan

The only flaw is I watch the games to be entertained, not see them win the Cup. Sure, I'd love it if they were to win it all, and I know that's the ultimate goal of every player in the NHL. But it's not my goal. Not at the cost of watching a season like this one.

The Sabres goal is to put a Stanley Cup winning team on the ice. Why do u think they talk about the Pittsburgh model. Have a few bad seasons get high picks to use for players to be difference makers and then add the pieces around them. Right now they have none and I mean no first line players. I don't want to hear about Grigo and Armia because they are not ready yet. In the system they have offensive players coming but nothing first line. Murray wants his players here and he wants competition at every position to field the best organization. People are going to be highly disappointed when Murray adds just mediocre free agents to this roster next year. And the team next year is just as bad. The 2015 draft is the key. I look forward to having 3 first rounders possibly more if Stewart and Stafford get moved.

The only flaw is I watch the games to be entertained, not see them win the Cup. Sure, I'd love it if they were to win it all, and I know that's the ultimate goal of every player in the NHL. But it's not my goal. Not at the cost of watching a season like this one.

To each his own I suppose. I think one issue is that entertainment is not universal, and to an extent enjoyment of the current product depends on hope for what could be coming in the future. For example, I think for many of us, watching an 80 point team with little hope of being a legit contender is no more (and arguably less) entertaining than a 55 point team. And this holds even though, objectively, the 80 point team is playing better hockey.

To each his own I suppose. I think one issue is that entertainment is not universal, and to an extent enjoyment of the current product depends on hope for what could be coming in the future. For example, I think for many of us, watching an 80 point team with little hope of being a legit contender is no more (and arguably less) entertaining than a 55 point team. And this holds even though, objectively, the 80 point team is playing better hockey.

After watching the Bills flounder for so many years at 7-9, I appreciate an organizational stance to blow it up and start from scratch, regardless of the immediate consequences. Next year may be very, very lean in terms of revenue for Pegula. Will they lose the bulk of their season ticket holders and waiting list and take a hit on the bottom line next year?

To me, this strategy of bottoming out and acquiring a huge amount of draft picks is an attempt to give the organization the best chance to develop what we've been promised all along. A team that can contend for multiple Cups. Don't discount the money that Pegula has taken back on deals either - that has probably earned us 2-3 2nd round picks so far.

You keep asking and I will keep telling you this team needs to show signs of improvement starting next year. That could mean finishing with 61pts instead of 51 and it could mean finishing 27th. The point again is with all the young talent being added to the team we need to see them develop. Also we could finish 27th next year and still draft first. We could finish 20th and the NYI could defer and we could still draft first. This team needs to show that they are on the right track starting sooner rather than later. Wallowing at the level of crap we are now does nothing.

I believe your statement on showing signs of improvement shows you have blinders on IMHO.

The fact is, the organization is showing more than signs of improvement, especially in their depth and prospect pipelines. Just because the NHL product isn't up to snuff that doesn't mean the plan isn't being implemented.

As others have pointed out, were not in cup contention next year, in light of that fact you go for McDavid.

My man!

Let's not forget that the Islanders are probably 75% likely to give the Sabres their 2015 pick, and probably 67% likely to be a bottom-5 team in 2014-15, and probably 33% likely to be a bottom-3 team in 2014-15...

Well, for starters, bottoming out doesn't get them McDavid. It gives them a 25% chance at McDavid.

So your choice isn't trying to improve vs. getting McDavid. It's trying to improve (and eradicate the losing stench before it becomes too dug in) vs. a 25% chance at McDavid.

True, it's a 25% chance. But I think it's worth it. I want the kids to grow, progress and mature as much as anyone else. Why can't we keep all the AHL eligible kids in Rochester for the year? They can grow together, win together, develope together, go deep into the playoffs and maybe win a championship. Am I the only one that thinks this is better than having them up with the big club two or three at a time getting their ###### handed to them? I say keep them all together in Rochester. The more they play together the quicker they'll develope chemistry and cohesiveness. I don't want the kids to suck. I want the Sabres to suck. And want to add McDavid.

Hank - nothing you're saying is anything new. A lot of people think that. I think EVERYBODY would say they want McDavid.

There are many others who want them to keep the kids away next season.

But to say it's the only option is ridiculous.

What if Tim Murray...

...drafts Jadeveon Clowney?

...buys a blue button-down at the mall?

...eats a pretzel?

...plays with his willy?

...listens to Barry Manilow?

...eats pepperoni and chicken chips?

...takes the pepperoni, chicken chips, and the pretzel, and gives them to Barry Manilow?

CAN WE FIX THE TITLE? This isn't TBD.

Edited by Eleven

What if Tim Murray...

...eats a pretzel?

...plays with his willy?

...takes the pepperoni, chicken chips, and the pretzel, and gives them to Barry Manilow?

.. quit?

... resigned?

....left?

.....abdicated?

......declared April Fools?

What if Tim Murray...

...eats a pretzel?

...plays with his willy?

Read the whole thread, glad to see I wasn't disappointed.

But I agree with you Eleven, can we please just merge this with All About Tim Murray or the Official 2014 Draft thread already? :wallbash:

What if Tim Murray...

...dated Alyssa Milano?

...dated Harrison Ford?

...dated both of them but didn't tell either?

...or told both? or just one?

...or ate a baloney sandwich?

...or wrote his thoughts on paper and cast them into the sea?

...or refused to dunk his Oreo in fat-free milk, and insisted on regular milk?

...or spilled beef barley soup on his tie?

It is endless. Please, for the love of all that is good in this world, fix the title.

What if Tim Murray...

...dated Alyssa Milano?

...dated Harrison Ford?

It is endless. Please, for the love of all that is good in this world, fix the title.

Eleven, u make this thread whole. U complete it :-)

admitted he really doesn't know what he is doing?

said it's to f'd up to fix?

regretted his hasty decision to sell off all the talent on the club?

realizes that Buffalo is not Ottawa or Anaheim?

What if Tim Murray...

...dated Alyssa Milano?

...dated Harrison Ford?

This will go down in history right up there with Mandela's hunger strike.

(And what if All about Tim Murray was merged with What if Tim Murray?)

This gets right to the crux of the whole argument. What maximizes your total fan satisfaction quotient? If watching semi-###### hockey provides for a greater fan experience than complete and total ###### hockey, then as TrueBlue said, to each his own. I see absolutely no difference in the different shades of ###### in terms of entertainment value, but I do value ###### that stinks to high heaven in terms of hope for the future.

Exactly. One more year of suckitude for a generational type player. Like I said before, keep all the kids in the ROC/JR's all next year focus on the 15-16 season. Anything higher than dead last in the standings next year is an absolute failure.

I agree with what you are saying, but wouldn't the Sabres have a better chance of being terrible by playing as many of the kids as possible in Buffalo?

This gets right to the crux of the whole argument. What maximizes your total fan satisfaction quotient? If watching semi-###### hockey provides for a greater fan experience than complete and total ###### hockey, then as TrueBlue said, to each his own. I see absolutely no difference in the different shades of ###### in terms of entertainment value, but I do value ###### that stinks to high heaven in terms of hope for the future.

We could have fun playing Mad Libs with this.

Not sure which thread this belongs in, so I'll give this one a shot.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2014/04/12/buffalo-sabres-gm-tim-murray-open-for-business-when-it-comes-to-dealing-players

Tim Murray will be a busy man in the off-season. He’s willing to play Let’s Make a Deal just about anybody.

The Buffalo Sabres’ GM has hung the ‘For Sale’ sign outside the club’s office and he’s willing to move just about anybody as the off-season officially gets underway Monday for non-playoff teams.

Sources say Murray has been shopping RW Chris Stewart, D Christian Erhoff, C Luke Adam and RW Drew Stafford.

It doesn’t stop there, either. The Sabres will also listen to see what they can get for LW Marcus Foligno, LW Johan Larsson and D Chad Ruhwedel.

The last three are young players that are still considered prospects so it’s a little surprising Murray would be willing to move any of those guys given the club’s current state and direction.

“He’s just open for business,” said a league executive about Murray before the weekend. “He hasn’t drafted any of these current guys.”

Murray was amongst the NHL’s busiest GMs at the deadline by dealing goalie Ryan Miller and captain Steve Ott. The Sabres aren’t done by any stretch and are moving into the next rebuild phase.

Not sure which thread this belongs in, so I'll give this one a shot.

http://www.ottawasun...dealing-players

Tim Murray will be a busy man in the off-season. He’s willing to play Let’s Make a Deal just about anybody.

The Buffalo Sabres’ GM has hung the ‘For Sale’ sign outside the club’s office and he’s willing to move just about anybody as the off-season officially gets underway Monday for non-playoff teams.

Sources say Murray has been shopping RW Chris Stewart, D Christian Erhoff, C Luke Adam and RW Drew Stafford.

It doesn’t stop there, either. The Sabres will also listen to see what they can get for LW Marcus Foligno, LW Johan Larsson and D Chad Ruhwedel.

The last three are young players that are still considered prospects so it’s a little surprising Murray would be willing to move any of those guys given the club’s current state and direction.

“He’s just open for business,” said a league executive about Murray before the weekend. “He hasn’t drafted any of these current guys.”

Murray was amongst the NHL’s busiest GMs at the deadline by dealing goalie Ryan Miller and captain Steve Ott. The Sabres aren’t done by any stretch and are moving into the next rebuild phase.

Already posted and discussed here: http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/22416-all-about-tim-murray/page__st__120#entry574493

I believe your statement on showing signs of improvement shows you have blinders on IMHO.

The fact is, the organization is showing more than signs of improvement, especially in their depth and prospect pipelines. Just because the NHL product isn't up to snuff that doesn't mean the plan isn't being implemented.

As others have pointed out, were not in cup contention next year, in light of that fact you go for McDavid.

Well first off I have been saying we should tank and draft high for 2 years now so take your blinder argument and shove it. Second you should take your blinders off and read up on the draft for 2015, McDavid is not the only thing in the draft. Is everyone so stupid to think that with a 1/2 overall pick this year and what will be a bottom 5 pick next year that we won't get 2 exceptionally good players? I would love McDavid on the sabres but it is more important for the team as a whole to show they are growing. It is more important for Girgensons, Ristolainen, Pysyk, etc... to show that they are better next year than it is to have a 25% chance at best of getting McDavid. Blinders? No I am just not that short sighted to think only McDavid is Jesus and he only he can deliver us from the hockey hell we currently reside in.

Hank - nothing you're saying is anything new. A lot of people think that. I think EVERYBODY would say they want McDavid.

There are many others who want them to keep the kids away next season.

But to say it's the only option is ridiculous.

Agreed the 2015 draft has more to it than simply Connor McDavid.

What if Tim Murray's ice cream cone drips on his tie?

What if "the elite FA who never becomes available and wouldn't sign with Sabres anyway if he did" gets hurt in his first game with his new team?

Tim Murray should then dip his pocket square in club soda and dab the tie?

But what if he isn't a pocket square guy? What then?

n5172fe1248944.gif

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.