Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

I have an absolutely horrible feeling about the Bills head coaching search. Every candidate they've added recently gives me nothing but bad feelings (Shanahan, Jackson, Shurmur, Shanahan, Roman). I feel like Brandon and the Pegulas are getting way too involved in this. None of them know ###### about football. If you're going to let Whaley lead then do it, but I don't get a feeling that he would have remote interest in Shanahan.

He also may be trying to please the Pegulas because he knows he's on thin ice with them.

Here's my order of who I want (since I'm bored and got sick of looking at apartment listings).

Would be happy:

Darrell Bevell, Seahawks offensive coordinator

Adam Gase, Broncos offensive coordinator

Dan Quinn, Seahawks defensive coordinator

Alright:

Jim Schwartz, Bills defensive coordinator

Frank Reich, Chargers offensive coordinator

Pep Hamilton, Colts offensive coordinator

Rex Ryan, former Jets head coach

Meh:

Mike Shanahan, former Raiders, Broncos and Washington head coach

Josh McDaniels, Patriots offensive coordinator

Please god no:

Pat Shurmur, Eagles offensive coordinator

Greg Roman, 49ers offensive coordinator

Hue Jackson, Bengals offensive coordinator

Kyle Shanahan, Browns offensive coordinator

Which school brings 100,000 fans each week, has national championships, and would get a coach 3x the money compared to the other?

Boisie St. or Tennessee?

Which school was actually ranked in the Top 25 this year?

You follow? Should I give another two dozen examples?

Ok, leaving aside the absurdity of having 60 top-25 teams, you're talking about prestige/history/similar and not this year's AP ranking, right?

So teams like Tennessee, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Texas, etc. but not Mississippi, Arizona State, or Minnesota. Got it.

Still not going to happen. Those teams already have their coaches, too.

Ok, leaving aside the absurdity of having 60 top-25 teams, you're talking about prestige/history/similar and not this year's AP ranking, right?

So teams like Tennessee, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Texas, etc. but not Mississippi, Arizona State, or Minnesota. Got it.

Still not going to happen. Those teams already have their coaches, too.

Correct.

The Blue Jackets and Coyotes have made the playoffs more than the Leafs the past few years....but you can be sure as heck 99/100 would rather take the Leafs job.

I'm saying Marrone isn't going to end up at UB or Eastern Michigan.....

Correct.

The Blue Jackets and Coyotes have made the playoffs more than the Leafs the past few years....but you can be sure as heck 99/100 would rather take the Leafs job.

I'm saying Marrone isn't going to end up at UB or Eastern Michigan.....

Then he's going to have to sit out a year or hope that another Bobby Petrino situation occurs.

I have an absolutely horrible feeling about the Bills head coaching search. Every candidate they've added recently gives me nothing but bad feelings (Shanahan, Jackson, Shurmur, Shanahan, Roman). I feel like Brandon and the Pegulas are getting way too involved in this. None of them know ###### about football. If you're going to let Whaley lead then do it, but I don't get a feeling that he would have remote interest in Shanahan.

He also may be trying to please the Pegulas because he knows he's on thin ice with them.

I know this may be the minority opinion but you don't have to know anything about football to hire a great football coach. You are hiring a senior VP/ management person.

I don't want TP, KP or RB making personnel or game day decisions but I have no problem with them being involved in the hiring process. The key is after they hire them, let them and the rest of the football department do their job.

Insist on being kept in the loop and apprised of what is going on but let them do what they were hired to do.

Here's my order of who I want (since I'm bored and got sick of looking at apartment listings).

Would be happy:

Darrell Bevell, Seahawks offensive coordinator

Adam Gase, Broncos offensive coordinator

Dan Quinn, Seahawks defensive coordinator

Alright:

Jim Schwartz, Bills defensive coordinator

Frank Reich, Chargers offensive coordinator

Pep Hamilton, Colts offensive coordinator

Rex Ryan, former Jets head coach

Meh:

Mike Shanahan, former Raiders, Broncos and Washington head coach

Josh McDaniels, Patriots offensive coordinator

Please god no:

Pat Shurmur, Eagles offensive coordinator

Greg Roman, 49ers offensive coordinator

Hue Jackson, Bengals offensive coordinator

Kyle Shanahan, Browns offensive coordinator

I'd be alright w/ any in your top 2 categories, though Rexy is more of a 'meh.' I absolutely don't want McDaniels. I only want Shanny if his kid isn't part of the package and if Schwartz stays.

I'd be alright w/ any in your top 2 categories, though Rexy is more of a 'meh.' I absolutely don't want McDaniels. I only want Shanny if his kid isn't part of the package and if Schwartz stays.

I only put McDaniels in "meh" because I needed at least one other meh.

Vic Carucci says in an article that Whaley is speaking glowingly about Manuel in coaching interviews. I hope to all that is real that he is at least giving some leeway there and not forcing Manuel on the new guy. If so, hello Pat Shurmur.

Vic Carucci says in an article that Whaley is speaking glowingly about Manuel in coaching interviews. I hope to all that is real that he is at least giving some leeway there and not forcing Manuel on the new guy. If so, hello Pat Shurmur.

If Whaley wants coaches to try to fix Manuel he needs to be fired as well. That's an unfair burden on a new coach. Any coach that is hired should have the option of not giving a rats ass about EJ Manuel.

you cant teach a qb to throw accurately....plus that ej has mediocre football instincts.

if whaley is still a believer the bills need to dump him yesterday.At this point I don't blame Marrone

at all for fleeing this clown old guard loser bills mgmt.

something needs to be done or we will be having the same discussion 1 yr from now just as we have

had since st ralph told bum who to play at qb. Only little Danny is worse IF Tpegs gives Whaley control.

bum?? meant bum's son