Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

There are 60 or schools that I consider "Top 25". If Syracuse wasn't dogmeat for so long before he got there, you could almost call them that.

Bottom line...the Bills are screaming dysfunction, Marrone has an extra $4 mil in the bank, and even if he takes $2.5 mil a year to coach a BC, GT, Oregon ST. etc., he will be in the exact same financial position 3 years down the road and maybe a happier person.

So out of 120 schools you think 60 of them are top 25... you literally just said something that was less intelligent than what comes out of a drunk frat boys mouth when he gets arrested for urinating on a cop car. Marrone is a bad coach. He took his 4mil and wants to look for greener pastures. Well the grass is always greener on the other side because it's fertilized with bull$#!t.

hehe ubkev......I feel the same about many of the other 'candidates' as well.

ps---im not sure Marrone is such a bad guy in any of this. He had to deal with the RW admin. era losers thru all this. The benefit of the doubt goes to Marrone.

Marrone seems very average ....but at least he saw that EJ stunk....and that the Watson deal was insanity.

So out of 120 schools you think 60 of them are top 25... you literally just said something that was less intelligent than what comes out of a drunk frat boys mouth when he gets arrested for urinating on a cop car. Marrone is a bad coach. He took his 4mil and wants to look for greener pastures. Well the grass is always greener on the other side because it's fertilized with bull$#!t.

I'm thinking that he said something that that drunk frat boy wouldn't understand either.

Which school brings 100,000 fans each week, has national championships, and would get a coach 3x the money compared to the other?

Boisie St. or Tennessee?

Which school was actually ranked in the Top 25 this year?

You follow? Should I give another two dozen examples?

I largely agree with this post (and it's good to see your sparkling smile again!), except for the following:

1. Reading between the lines, it sounds like TP was willing to give Marrone a 1-year extension, but Marrone pushed for 2 -- and TP wasn't willing to get muscled into that much of a commitment to a guy who hadn't proven anything yet.

2. If Marrone doesn't get an NFL HC job -- and it's starting to sound like he won't -- I think most people (probably including him) would conclude that he did not make the right move.

3. As for next year, there is a reasonably good likelihood that they will end up with a better QB than Orton, a better offensive coach than Marrone and 1 or 2 better offensive lineman than what they had this year. Even if the D takes a small step back (although they will get Kiko back, so maybe not), I can see them being better next year (and I've been as pessimistic about the Bills as anyone here).

So Marrone would leave Buffalo at the end of 2016 with $8 million

He just left Buffalo at the end of 2014 with $4 million

He needs to make up $4 million in 2 years.

If he truly is a poor coach, he would have been exposed over the next 2 years.....not to mention the uncertainty of being canned in a few weeks regardless.

Say what you want, he may be a cocky a-hole who overrates himself, but he certainly didn't mail it in. Would Darcy ever do something like that? :)

Anyone who tries to spin this all as a good thing for the Bills is like trying to say the drunken uncle butning the family house down on Christmas and killing Suzie and the dog was a good thing because now he might go to rehab......

Example of what? Syracuse is a terrible team in the ACC when it comes to football. They aren't top 25 nor have they ever come close to being considered that. What point exactly are you trying to make? That Tennessee is in the top 25 in pay so Marrone could get top 25 pay? Who the ###### cares. The guy was dick, he sucked in the NFL, he'll wash out and realistically coach in college again. He can coach for Boisie State or Tennessee or Syracuse etc... you know who he won't coach for? FSU, LSU, BAMA, OHIO St, Georgia, Georgia Tech, ETC... because he just isn't that good.

By the way, Boisie State should be proud of their season. They played some good football.

Example of what? Syracuse is a terrible team in the ACC when it comes to football. They aren't top 25 nor have they ever come close to being considered that. What point exactly are you trying to make? That Tennessee is in the top 25 in pay so Marrone could get top 25 pay? Who the ###### cares. The guy was dick, he sucked in the NFL, he'll wash out and realistically coach in college again. He can coach for Boisie State or Tennessee or Syracuse etc... you know who he won't coach for? FSU, LSU, BAMA, OHIO St, Georgia, Georgia Tech, ETC... because he just isn't that good.

By the way, Boisie State should be proud of their season. They played some good football.

Syracuse has been considered top 1 before.

Not since joining the ACC.

This entire thing is pointless. Marrone is crap. If he goes back to college he will still be crap.

Say it with me now: I solemnly swear to not mention Doug Marrone until he is relevant to us again (as in hired elsewhere or coaching against us).

My takeaway is that someone who is crap and irrelevant left for somewhere better. What does that say about the Bills current situation?

My takeaway is that someone who is crap and irrelevant left for somewhere better. What does that say about the Bills current situation?

That we should invest heavily in Labatt Blue USA stock because ppl will be drinking heavily to survive the next football season?

Which school brings 100,000 fans each week, has national championships, and would get a coach 3x the money compared to the other?

Boisie St. or Tennessee?

Which school was actually ranked in the Top 25 this year?

You follow? Should I give another two dozen examples?

So Marrone would leave Buffalo at the end of 2016 with $8 million

He just left Buffalo at the end of 2014 with $4 million

He needs to make up $4 million in 2 years.

If he truly is a poor coach, he would have been exposed over the next 2 years.....not to mention the uncertainty of being canned in a few weeks regardless.

Say what you want, he may be a cocky a-hole who overrates himself, but he certainly didn't mail it in. Would Darcy ever do something like that? :)

Anyone who tries to spin this all as a good thing for the Bills is like trying to say the drunken uncle butning the family house down on Christmas and killing Suzie and the dog was a good thing because now he might go to rehab......

I get your point about the cash, and this certainly doesn't reflect well on the Bills. However, I also don't think there are 60 college teams that pay $3MM per year -- probably less than 30. And more importantly, I think Marrone did this based on an assumption that he'd get another NFL HC job immediately.

Most importantly, I think the Bills could end up better off despite their latest CF. I don't think they'll end up with another retread loser.

I get your point about the cash, and this certainly doesn't reflect well on the Bills. However, I also don't think there are 60 college teams that pay $3MM per year -- probably less than 30. And more importantly, I think Marrone did this based on an assumption that he'd get another NFL HC job immediately.

Most importantly, I think the Bills could end up better off despite their latest CF. I don't think they'll end up with another retread loser.

I feel the same way. Nothing other than a gut feeling but I haven't been nervous or upset about any of the recent developments. As long as that Kyle/Mike Shanahan thing doesn't happen.