Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

Based on the stats what is there that you see in Locker that the rest of the NFL doesn't?

It's not always about stats, as you seem to think.

You are advocating for Bradford because of 3,000 yards? Orton and 24 other QBs are probably going to toss 3,000 this season.

Again. No on Cutler, yes to RG3, nothing wrong with checking out Locker.

It's not always about stats, as you seem to think.

You are advocating for Bradford because of 3,000 yards? Orton and 24 other QBs are probably going to toss 3,000 this season.

Again. No on Cutler, yes to RG3, nothing wrong with checking out Locker.

There is absolutely something wrong with Locker if you're going to bring him in as your starter. He's a waste of time even as a third string at this point. He just doesn't have the ability or the health. He played three games this year -- then got hurt... Came back for a game -- then got hurt... Then came back for three games -- then got hurt... That is the story of his career. It's not changing.

Stats aren't everything but when there's such an extreme difference then it shows you enough.

Let's pretend that my comments above, not involving fumbles, don't exist? Look, smartass, I've watched his nine seasons with one playoff appearance. I've seen his mediocre play. He is Orton. Orton is him. Denver and Chicago traded clones.

Yup. Denver shed a mediocre QB and acquired a mediocre QB. Cutler has a slight better QB rating over the years than Orton, 85.3 vs 80.8.

Completion % - Orton 59.3 vs 61.7 Cutler.

Yards per attempt - 7.19 Cutler vs 6.64 Orton.

But Orton is MUCH better at protecting the ball, on average, than Cutler.

Average interceptions per game played -

Cutler - 1.1 interceptions per game

Orton - 0.8

Average fumbles per game

Cutler - 0.4

Orton - 0.2

On paper Cutler is a slight upgrade over Orton - but there is an intangible - leadership and enthusiasm, and I think dour-faced Cutler lags WAY behind Orton in that immeasurable stat.

Cutler will demand a lot more money and a longer contract than Orton. It's not worth it.

Wait and get a GOOD QB, a REAL improvement over Orton. The reason we're stuck with EJ Manuel is that idiot Buddy Nix insisted on drafting a QB from that QB class.

He got benched for Jimmy Clausen! This guy! That's all we need to know. :P

clausen-panthers-released.jpg

The only person he got benched for was Jay Cutler. This has absolutely nothing to do with the backup. Even if their backup was the demented offspring of Trent Edwards and JP Losman, he was still going to be benched.

From CNN today:

"You're just glad you have your helmet on."

That's how New England Patriots receiver Brandon LaFell describes being part of quarterback Tom Brady's head-butt celebrations.

There aren't many quarterbacks in the league who show as much emotion as Brady does, especially after a score, and the 37-year-old signal-caller tends to head-butt his teammates when he gets fired up.

Well, turns out Brady's teammates are more fearful than excited when they see him running over to them to celebrate. A few Patriots players talked to The Wall Street Journal's Kevin Clark about what it feels like to be on the receiving end of a Brady head-slam.

Receiver Brian Tyms, who caught a 43-yard touchdown pass from Brady in his first game with the Patriots, has discovered that distance isn't going to stop Brady from celebrating.

You've got to—
got to—
be prepared for his head-butts and high-fives, because they are coming…You've got to brace yourself. It doesn't look like much coming at you but it's intense. If he throws the ball 50 yards and you run 50 yards and score, he's going to run all 50 yards and head-butt the hell out of you."

@buffalobills

Doug Marrone: @CJSPILLER will be added to the 53-man roster. He's officially listed as PROBABLE for Sunday. #BUFvsOAK

Even if he plays I don't think he gets many touches. But who knows.

I think it'll be just a "get your feet wet, and get back into a rhythm" game for Spiller. Like you said, not too many touches.

I haven't seen much of Cutler, but I'm hard pressed to imagine any qb having a worse pocket presence than Orton

Too young to remember Rob Johnson?

Dear Angry Eleven,

Jay Cutler's mediocre play is a step up from Kyle Orton's sub-mediocrity. It may not be worth trading an asset for, but they are most certainly not the same player.

I eagerly await my thrashing.

Sincerely,

Glass

Very nice.

You've really gotten awful lately. Every one of your posts is filled with condescension and when ever anyone calls you on your BS you get all butthurt. You need to lighten up and have more fun. None of us here are all that important.

Ahem!

Can we make PA's Rectum the Internet King? I don't want to be the Internet King.

If it's not the internet king, it should at least be someone's screen name (but not avatar I hope).

Yup. Denver shed a mediocre QB and acquired a mediocre QB. Cutler has a slight better QB rating over the years than Orton, 85.3 vs 80.8.

Completion % - Orton 59.3 vs 61.7 Cutler.

Yards per attempt - 7.19 Cutler vs 6.64 Orton.

But Orton is MUCH better at protecting the ball, on average, than Cutler.

Average interceptions per game played -

Cutler - 1.1 interceptions per game

Orton - 0.8

Average fumbles per game

Cutler - 0.4

Orton - 0.2

On paper Cutler is a slight upgrade over Orton - but there is an intangible - leadership and enthusiasm, and I think dour-faced Cutler lags WAY behind Orton in that immeasurable stat.

Cutler will demand a lot more money and a longer contract than Orton. It's not worth it.

Wait and get a GOOD QB, a REAL improvement over Orton. The reason we're stuck with EJ Manuel is that idiot Buddy Nix insisted on drafting a QB from that QB class.

Good post, and I agree that the intangibles matter. If a guy's teammates don't like him or believe in him, all the pretty passes in the world won't matter.

Cutler is no better than orton overall. And this is with Cutler possessing vastly superior arm strength and athleticism.

-A Cutler signing would put the exclamation point on decades of dumb decisions by the Buffalo Bills.

Yes he will look great for a game or two before driving everyone completely insane.

Too young to remember a lot of qbs for the Bills Freeman, though at this point I think it's a good thing.

I remember the cannon and idiocy of Losman, Captain check down in Trent Edwards, and Fitz-Magic as the mainstays, if you can call them that, of Bill's qbs in my time.

Too young to remember a lot of qbs for the Bills Freeman, though at this point I think it's a good thing.

I remember the cannon and idiocy of Losman, Captain check down in Trent Edwards, and Fitz-Magic as the mainstays, if you can call them that, of Bill's qbs in my time.

To tell you all you need to know, Rob Johnson holds the NFL record for most times sacked per pass attempt.

SF up 21-0. I just hope this isn't like 2004 where everything fell in place for us to make the playoffs only to have the Bills blow it by losing the final game.

###### count on it. It will be against 3rd stringers too. I've never been so mad as a fan as that loss to the Steelers.