Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

I keep hearing that Jay Cutler wasted his two elite WRs... And that argument is terrible. The turnovers really are the only argument against him...

Marshall and Jeffrey were on pace to combine for 2,000 yards and 20 TDs. Forte, too. He's the second leading receiver among RBs with 745 yards and 3 TDs.

His stats are impressive. Top-10 stuff across the board. The turnovers are the issue, and it's a product of how he plays along with a terrible defense. With a great defense he won't be forced to do so much and they'll be able to make up for some of his mistakes more than a bad defense will.

He's not perfect. There are no perfect options.

I keep hearing that Jay Cutler wasted his two elite WRs... And that argument is terrible. The turnovers really are the only argument against him...

Marshall and Jeffrey were on pace to combine for 2,000 yards and 20 TDs. Forte, too. He's the second leading receiver among RBs with 745 yards and 3 TDs.

His stats are impressive. Top-10 stuff across the board. The turnovers are the issue, and it's a product of how he plays along with a terrible defense. With a great defense he won't be forced to do so much and they'll be able to make up for some of his mistakes more than a bad defense will.

He's not perfect. There are no perfect options.

Again. 12 fumbles. FFS!

Again. 12 fumbles. FFS!

Cool. Fumbles are rarely a QB issue. Almost always blindside hits. They were showing a reel of some of his turnovers during a story on ESPN. Three fumbles shown were where he was in the middle of a throw and got nailed from behind. Another was where he got nailed from the front. Shoulder directly into his arms, tough to hold on when you're getting hit by a train. Only other fumble they showed was on him -- defender reached their arm out and he dropped the ball.

Cool. Fumbles are rarely a QB issue. Almost always blindside hits. They were showing a reel of some of his turnovers during a story on ESPN. Three fumbles shown were where he was in the middle of a throw and got nailed from behind. Another was where he got nailed from the front. Shoulder directly into his arms, tough to hold on when you're getting hit by a train. Only other fumble they showed was on him -- defender reached their arm out and he dropped the ball.

12. TWELVE. One more than the best username in SS history. TWELVE. That's not his line. That's him not knowing when to hit the ground.

Okay. Get stuck on that one stat.

Let's pretend that my comments above, not involving fumbles, don't exist? Look, smartass, I've watched his nine seasons with one playoff appearance. I've seen his mediocre play. He is Orton. Orton is him. Denver and Chicago traded clones. Cutler isn't the answer. I know, you want to be prescient and say "hey, this was my idea! Now he's leading the Titans to the Super Bowl instead of the Bills!" Ain't gonna happen. It's more likely that Carson Palmer, whom everyone had written off, leads the Cards to the Super Bowl, than Cutler doing anything of any import whatsoever.

Let's pretend that my comments above, not involving fumbles, don't exist? Look, smartass, I've watched his nine seasons with one playoff appearance. I've seen his mediocre play. He is Orton. Orton is him. Denver and Chicago traded clones. Cutler isn't the answer. I know, you want to be prescient and say "hey, this was my idea! Now he's leading the Titans to the Super Bowl instead of the Bills!" Ain't gonna happen. It's more likely that Carson Palmer, whom everyone had written off, leads the Cards to the Super Bowl, than Cutler doing anything of any import whatsoever.

Trying to think of a humorous way to respond to your inability to not name call during a discussion. Thanks for calling my ass smart, I guess?

Dear Angry Eleven,

Jay Cutler's mediocre play is a step up from Kyle Orton's sub-mediocrity. It may not be worth trading an asset for, but they are most certainly not the same player.

I eagerly await my thrashing.

Sincerely,

Glass

Edited by Glass Case Of Emotion

Okay. Get stuck on that one stat.

Trying to think of a humorous way to respond to your inability to not name call during a discussion. Thanks for calling my ass smart, I guess?

You get it yet?

Dear Angry Eleven,

Jay Cutler's mediocre play is a step up from Kyle Orton's sub-mediocrity. It may not be worth trading an asset for, but they are most certainly not the same player.

I eagerly await my thrashing.

Sincerely,

Glass

I just don't see it. He's never produced results. He's responsible for 30 turnovers this season, 12 of which are fumbles. Even if his line is ######, he should know to go to ground--if he were a Bills QB, we would be demanding that of him, no? We'd be ruthless in our criticism of his inability to either throw or take a sack, right? We'd call him names like "Trentative," or "Drewish Statue" (neither are mine, and both were regular on TBD). Nah, this is "grass is greener" stuff.

You've really gotten awful lately. Every one of your posts is filled with condescension and when ever anyone calls you on your BS you get all butthurt. You need to lighten up and have more fun. None of us here are all that important.

Edited by SwampD

No I agree with you, but some people here won't. My point is you can't take cutler out of that group with a straight face, and it would be tough to put orton in that group with a straight face

I'll make a quick list that will get destroyed by others because I'm not putting much thought into it:

Rodgers, Manning, Brady, Luck, Big Ben, Romo, Rivers, Brees, Eli, Flacco, Ryan, Stafford, Wilson, CUTLER, Smith, Palmer, Newton, Kaepernick, Tannehill, Dalton, Foles, Griffin, Carr, ORTON.