Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

I don't really know your football knowledge, but I've got to assume you don't know much about these QBs. Locker has played 11 games once and never played more than 7 games in any other season. He has as many INTs as TDs. Sam Bradford has two 16 game seasons over 3000 yards and far more TDs than interceptions. Nick Foles had a season in which he through for 3000 plus yards with 27 TDs and 2 INTs. Sure, it was partially the system. But it takes talent to perfectly execute a system.

Weird. I was equally questioning your football knowledge also.

Remind me again who Denver brought in to replace him? I can't think of his name, but he couldn't possibly have anything to do with Denver's current winning ways, right?

Broncos had 2 QBs over 3 seasons after Cutler left; Orton then Tebow, THEN Manning arrived. Cutler appears to be a downgrade from Plummer, who took the Broncos to the playoffs in 3 out of 4 seasons he played there.

They didn't make the playoffs either year that Cutler played for them. But they did when Tebow was in the pocket.

And Cutlers's first season with the Bears - they dropped to 7-9 from the previous year with Orton which was 9-7.

BTW, Orton's first season with the Broncos; Bronco's posted a slightly better record than Cutler's last season. Cutler was 7-9, Orton was 8-8. And yeah, Orton stank the following year - 4-12. But then came Tebow and then Manning.

6 seasons with the Bears, and the Bears have only made the playoffs once in that span. Yeah, that's the hot hand that Buffalo needs... a QB whose rating is a whopping 4 points higher than Orton's - but would probably cost 3X the payroll.

Chicago management were idiots to sign him for 7 years at 128 million. Jeebus!!!! Talk about a toxic contract.

Edited by Jsixspd

Weird. I was equally questioning your football knowledge also.

Based on the stats what is there that you see in Locker that the rest of the NFL doesn't?

So far there's only been two names mentioned on here that would be clear downgrades: Locker and Hoyer. Let's just ignore their existence.

Also: Cutler's contract isn't an issue. There's only $15.5 guaranteed left. Won't be hard to dump if he fails.

Edited by Tank

Based on the stats what is there that you see in Locker that the rest of the NFL doesn't?

So far there's only been two names mentioned on here that would be clear downgrades: Locker and Hoyer. Let's just ignore their existence.

Also: Cutler's contract isn't an issue. There's only $15.5 guaranteed left. Won't be hard to dump if he fails.

So let Chicago dump the money and cut him. I don't want to trade anything or anyone for Jay Cutler.

So let Chicago dump the money and cut him. I don't want to trade anything or anyone for Jay Cutler.

Okay. I do. He's absolutely an upgrade over what we have. You can't ignore the situation he's in while still putting up 4000 yards and 30 TDs.

Do you know how many QBs have ever thrown for 4000 yards for the Bills? One. Drew Bledsoe did it once.

Do you know how many QBs have ever thrown 30 TDs for the Bills? One. Jim Kelly did it once.

The only negative to Jay Cutler's game this season or ever are the turnovers. He's always going to have those. They can be limited when he's asked to do less. This season he's playing for the worst defense in the entire NFL. OF COURSE he's going to force some throws.

If your bowels didn't do a good job digesting your food you're going to push a little harder, right? It's going to hurt sometimes. Other times you're going to get that relieving release. If your bowels digest a litte more you can grab the newspaper and get to where you're going without the painful pushes.

Okay. I do. He's absolutely an upgrade over what we have. You can't ignore the situation he's in while still putting up 4000 yards and 30 TDs.

Do you know how many QBs have ever thrown for 4000 yards for the Bills? One. Drew Bledsoe did it once.

Do you know how many QBs have ever thrown 30 TDs for the Bills? One. Jim Kelly did it once.

The only negative to Jay Cutler's game this season or ever are the turnovers. He's always going to have those. They can be limited when he's asked to do less. This season he's playing for the worst defense in the entire NFL. OF COURSE he's going to force some throws.

If your bowels didn't do a good job digesting your food you're going to push a little harder, right? It's going to hurt sometimes. Other times you're going to get that relieving release. If your bowels digest a litte more you can grab the newspaper and get to where you're going without the painful pushes.

Someone has hemorrhoid surgery in their future.

Best analogy in a long time. You've been paying attention to PA, haven't you?

That's fine. I've watched him for years. I don't want to trade anything for him. Chicago is likely to cut him anyway, and, at that point, it's fine by me if the Bills sign him.

Now, to find that newspaper...

for someone banging the drum to trade for him, do you remember the last time he was behind a shotty o-line? I do...The NFL racked up almost a record number of sacks against the Bears...

The Bills are no better a situation for him than Chicago. it's a draw in my opinion. The D is definitely better here, but the offensive weapons are better there (maybe Jefferey and Watkins is a push, but Forte, Bennet, Marshall, etc.?). This locker room couldn't handle him at a time when we';re coming up. I say don't waste draft picks trading for him.

Broncos had 2 QBs over 3 seasons after Cutler left; Orton then Tebow, THEN Manning arrived. Cutler appears to be a downgrade from Plummer, who took the Broncos to the playoffs in 3 out of 4 seasons he played there. They didn't make the playoffs either year that Cutler played for them. But they did when Tebow was in the pocket. And Cutlers's first season with the Bears - they dropped to 7-9 from the previous year with Orton which was 9-7. BTW, Orton's first season with the Broncos; Bronco's posted a slightly better record than Cutler's last season. Cutler was 7-9, Orton was 8-8. And yeah, Orton stank the following year - 4-12. But then came Tebow and then Manning. 6 seasons with the Bears, and the Bears have only made the playoffs once in that span. Yeah, that's the hot hand that Buffalo needs... a QB whose rating is a whopping 4 points higher than Orton's - but would probably cost 3X the payroll. Chicago management were idiots to sign him for 7 years at 128 million. Jeebus!!!! Talk about a toxic contract.

You got me, I thought Manning was next. Although, bolded: making the playoffs once in 6 years *would* be a hot hand for Buffalo.

for someone banging the drum to trade for him, do you remember the last time he was behind a shotty o-line? I do...The NFL racked up almost a record number of sacks against the Bears...

The Bills are no better a situation for him than Chicago. it's a draw in my opinion. The D is definitely better here, but the offensive weapons are better there (maybe Jefferey and Watkins is a push, but Forte, Bennet, Marshall, etc.?). This locker room couldn't handle him at a time when we';re coming up. I say don't waste draft picks trading for him.

Your o-line point is exactly why I think we need to give Mike Iupati a boatload of cash regardless of who the QB is. $7M makes him the highest paid guard in the league which is fine. He's not the best but he's consistently near the top.

I would rather have EJ Manuel than RG3 and I'd rather have Kyle Orton than Jay Cutler. No thanks.

Lol

Your o-line point is exactly why I think we need to give Mike Iupati a boatload of cash regardless of who the QB is. $7M makes him the highest paid guard in the league which is fine. He's not the best but he's consistently near the top.

new guard (or 2), new O-coord. I think a mediocre qb would be fine after that.

I'm not sure that's right, Levitre got 6 for $46.8

new guard (or 2), new O-coord. I think a mediocre qb would be fine after that.

No. We can't settle for mediocre at the important position in sports. Simple as that.

I'm not sure that's right, Levitre got 6 for $46.8

You're right. Average salary will actually be more towards $8.5M. Still worth it.

No. We can't settle for mediocre at the important position in sports. Simple as that.

I don't want to settle if in a year there is a better crop of QBs via FA or draft. A better oline and coord make this team 1 - 2 wins better as it stands, which would've propelled us into the playoffs this year.

2016's free agent class is as follows, but these guys won't end up being available:

Andrew Luck (no, not happening)

Big Ben (no, not happening)

Phillip Rivers (no, not happening)

Eli Manning (maybe, maybe we can just get him now)

Matt Schaub (lol)

Can Newton (no, not happening)

Kirk Cousins (meh)

RG3 (can get him now)

Waiting isn't the right move. We can't risk having key guys regress, get hurt, retire or walk in the time between now and the time we address the QB position. It's got to happen now.