Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

The thing about firing Hackett is which good coach is going to come in knowing the entire coaching staff and front office is a year away from being blown up if they don't find success immediately? Push the big red button.

One that knows if he can turns things around that he's got a good chance to land a HC gig after it's all said and done, especially now with Daddy Warbucks owning the team. The amount of money you can spend on the front office and coaching staff doesn't count against the cap. If you want the best and are willing to pay for it, qualified candidates will apply.

The thing about firing Hackett is which good coach is going to come in knowing the entire coaching staff and front office is a year away from being blown up if they don't find success immediately? Push the big red button.

There is always somebody who wants to replace somebody in a club with precious few jobs. The trick is finding the next Harbaugh (the Baltimore one; who was a career ST coach) among that pool

It's been our best season in quite some time and it has lasted until Christmas week. I wouldn't fire Marrone, or anyone, well, maybe Hackett.

I really want to see Manuel next week. Orton sucks and we need to be playing for next year against NE. I think E.J. could have easily gotten us to this same 8-7 record. We need to see what we have in him.

It's been our best season in quite some time and it has lasted until Christmas week. I wouldn't fire Marrone, or anyone, well, maybe Hackett.

I really want to see Manuel next week. Orton sucks and we need to be playing for next year against NE. I think E.J. could have easily gotten us to this same 8-7 record. We need to see what we have in him.

Much agreed. Gotta see how he's developed in the last 12 weeks.

I was at the game yesterday in Oakland, three Bills fans in a sea of black and silver. It was ugly. Hughes was invisible all day and Kyle sucked. He had open receivers which he never looked at, looked slower trying to run and CJ...WTF? We were very disappointed in the play of both the D and O in this game. With 2:50 left in the game I said to my friend that Hackett needs to go. Horrible play calling and even the Raiders fans were saying to us why the hell is he running play action. You guys suck at running the ball.

As to the Raider fans. They were gracious and friendly and of course on the way out you get the RAAAAIIIIDERRRS chant but all in all their fans were great. Oh, they really need a new station. I think the TV in my den is bigger then what they have at the scoreboards.

HTF do you get an offside penalty on an onside kick?! I mean, it's called and onside kick FFS! It's your only chance to win the game,… it's the only chance to keep your season alive, and you go ###### offside?! Of all the ways to not end up with possession of the ball, that can't be the one that happens.

I've changed my mind. Fire everyone.

One game in week 17 isn't really going to tell is much about Manuel. Other than maybe what we already know: he's not the future of this team.

Reports that the team has already become convinced of this only further prove that.

With that said I do expect Manuel to start. They'll use this week as a way to get Orton to decline his option.

I really don't know what to think in terms of the hiring/firing of the coaches and GM next year. On the one hand, Marrone has demonstrated ultra-conservatism and lack of clock management/situational awareness at the end of games, which has hurt us. But, in looking at most successful teams, continuity in the coaching staff is pretty important to building sucess. If you fire the coach, there's almost always a step back by having to learn new systems and the lack of familiarity with concepts.

Unless you promote Schwartz to head coach and have Pepper Johnson take over psuedo D-coordinator jobs and hire a top end OC for next year.

And FFS fix the o line. The guard play this year has been the worst I have ever seen. Dallas is magically a top running team because they focused a lot of talent on the line. That's how to win.

I really don't know what to think in terms of the hiring/firing of the coaches and GM next year. On the one hand, Marrone has demonstrated ultra-conservatism and lack of clock management/situational awareness at the end of games, which has hurt us. But, in looking at most successful teams, continuity in the coaching staff is pretty important to building sucess. If you fire the coach, there's almost always a step back by having to learn new systems and the lack of familiarity with concepts.

Unless you promote Schwartz to head coach and have Pepper Johnson take over psuedo D-coordinator jobs and hire a top end OC for next year.

And FFS fix the o line. The guard play this year has been the worst I have ever seen. Dallas is magically a top running team because they focused a lot of talent on the line. That's how to win.

Regarding the bold, no doubt about the correlation but I'd argue the causation is the other way around. Continuity doesn't build successful teams, successful teams leads to continuity.

We're never winning a Super Bowl with Doug Marrone as our coach. We were hoping he'd be young and have a lot of fresh ideas but he's extremely old school and conservative.

I was hosting a Christmas party yesterday. My friend from Green Bay basically said we squandered the GB results. Part was sour grapes, but it's hard to argue. When Marrone punted with 8m to go, I knew it was over. You could feel it.

Probably like crap seeing he doesn't have any game experience , If im coach i play orton against one of the better teams in the league.

Don't want the kid to lose any more confidence :P

If we're going to baby Manuel any further then just take him out back and tell him to think of the rabbits.

For real, if his confidence has the potential to be bruised because of a meaningless week 17 team game against the team we're going to need to learn how to beat then he's worse off than even I thought. Obviously there's nothing to indicate that this is true.

According to Pro Football Focus, the Bills had the second worst offense in the NFL this season... Behind (ahead of?) the Jaguars.

Also, Kyle Orton is now rated as the third worst quarterback in the NFL to take a snap this season. Derek Carr and Blake Bortles (both rookies) were the only ones that had lower ratings.

Regarding the bold, no doubt about the correlation but I'd argue the causation is the other way around. Continuity doesn't build successful teams, successful teams leads to continuity.

We're never winning a Super Bowl with Doug Marrone as our coach. We were hoping he'd be young and have a lot of fresh ideas but he's extremely old school and conservative.

This is pretty much where I'm at, although the whole lot of 'em would undoubtedly look a lot smarter with even a decent QB. If we can't get a good QB we need a coach who can make bad look mediocre and mediocre look good, and that's certainly not this crew.

According to Pro Football Focus, the Bills had the second worst offense in the NFL this season... Behind (ahead of?) the Jaguars.

Also, Kyle Orton is now rated as the third worst quarterback in the NFL to take a snap this season. Derek Carr and Blake Bortles (both rookies) were the only ones that had lower ratings.

This just reinforces what I thought at the time of the decision: even if there's less than a 1% chance Manuel would improve, sticking with him was the better move. But I'm not a coach panicking about his job.

Give me a coach that starts his introductory press conference with "Once we cross the 50 yard line we're not punting unless it's 4th and 20."

Sadly, I don't think that coach exists. Even the so-called aggressive coaches make hilariously bad punting decisions.

Just because I'm bored and this is one of my days off with nobody else at home, I'll make Whaley/the next GM's job easier:

This is a list of every starting QB and their backup on an NFL roster currently ranked in tiers of whether or not they're an upgrade...

Don't waste your time, not an upgrade:

Brian Hoyer

Chad Henne

Josh McCown

Matt Cassel

Christian Ponder

Geno Smith

Matt Schaub

Jimmy Clausen

Case Keenum

TJ Yates

Charlie Whitehurst

Bruce Gradkowski

Kellen Clemens

Tyrod Taylor

Curtis Painter

Brandon Weeden

Dan Orlovsky

Blaine Gabbert

Lateral move at best, no thanks:

Shaun Hill

Michael Vick

Mark Sanchez

Jason Campbell

Matt Moore

Chase Daniel

Drew Stanton

Derek Anderson

We've been down that road before:

Ryan Fitzpatrick

Matt Flynn

Jordan Palmer

Tarvaris Jackson

Thad Lewis

Not enough to know one way or the other, not worth finding out:

Brock Osweiler

Ryan Mallett

Johnny Manziel

Mike Glennon

Matt Hasselback (hasn't played in so long who knows what he is, too old)

Jake Locker

Kirk Cousins (only one of this group worth calling on)

Young and full of potential but not available:

Derek Carr

Teddy Bridgewater

Blake Bortles

Ryan Tannehill

Upgrade but likely too much risk:

Sam Bradford

Carson Palmer

Definite upgrade but not worth the price of admission:

Alex Smith

Joe Flacco

Colin Kaepernick

Andy Dalton

Young upgrades with potential worth gambling on:

Nick Foles

Robert Griffin III

Veteran upgrades who may be available:

Eli Manning

Jay Cutler

Star power that has a small chance of being available:

Cam Newton

Phillip Rivers

Drew Brees (last year of deal, NO reluctant in contract talks)

Matt Ryan (will they blow it up? probably not)

The untouchables but one can dream:

Peyton Manning

Tom Brady

Aaron Rodgers

Matt Stafford

Tony Romo

Russell Wilson

Andrew Luck

Ben Roethlisberger

Can we see some links to these so-called 'ratings'?

We won more games with Orton than we would have with EJ. If the Bills had the 2nd worst offense and Orton is the 3rd worst QB.......... I can't imagine how bad the Bills would have been with EJ.

Edited by JJFIVEOH

Can we see some links to these so-called 'ratings'?

We won more games with Orton than we would have with EJ. If the Bills had the 2nd worst offense and Orton is the 3rd worst QB.......... I can't imagine how bad the Bills would have been with EJ.

Have to be a PFF member to see the ratings. People who are tweeted them out.

IF it was Whaleys decision to draft EJ(which everyone under the sun exc for the Bills knew not to do) then compounds the mistake by giving up a 1st for Sammy in a superrich WR draft then he

needs to go. Those moves crippled the Bills for the foreseeable future .

IF it was Whaleys decision to draft EJ(which everyone under the sun exc for the Bills knew not to do) then compounds the mistake by giving up a 1st for Sammy in a superrich WR draft then he

needs to go. Those moves crippled the Bills for the foreseeable future .

I wouldn't go that far.